[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Vas

It would be nice if you could get a brain body part when replacing someone's brain with a simulator :P Perhaps it could be used to stick in a robotic body as if moving the entire colonist into a new machine to give them a fully and completely bionic body down to the very core (except for the brain of course) needing only 20% the normal food to survive and such.  :P  Or perhaps you can swap someone's brains to mess with them! :o  Like sticking a guy in a girl's body and such!  With a new thoughtdef something like "-10 I'm in a girl's body, I feel so wrong!" xP
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Grimandevil

that would be rather .. unrealistic? not to mention, u would require some stationary facility to maintain harvested brain..

anyway, if a brain transplantation would be possible, it could be a nice option to construct all cybernetic body and install the brain. (and have your own robocop)
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

killer117

that sounds awsome. but could i aslo stick brain into turrets please.

my fully automatic gun turret. his names jeff and he's a psycopath in the body of a machine gun.

id like that to happen just to tell all my friends at school and see thier expressions.  :P
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Djohaal

Ykara, I'd like to ask how does the workaround thingy work, apparently the glitterworld bandages are not working and I assume it has something to do with the workaround tag. I tried adding them but it doesn't fix the problem.

I also updated rimbakery to A12 by myself. There's only a matter of integrating milk and eggs to it. May I include it on an eventual modpack release?

AllenWL

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 25, 2016, 02:14:23 PM
that would be rather .. unrealistic? not to mention, u would require some stationary facility to maintain harvested brain..

anyway, if a brain transplantation would be possible, it could be a nice option to construct all cybernetic body and install the brain. (and have your own robocop)
Even if not, there's a entire can of worms for going that direction.
For one, female and male brains. How will those work? Will a male brain in a female body not get effected by physic drones for males? Will a brain of a physically deaf in the body of the physically hypersensitive still be physically deaf? Will the brain of a farm oaf in a body of a noble be able to haul? Will a colonist brain in a raider body 'recruit' the raider? Will a raider brain in a colonist body turn the colonist into a raider? Will the brain of a shooting level 10 still have that 10 levels of shooting when placed in a body with 0 shooting?
Seems like a awful lot of work for a singe feature.

Djohaal

Quote from: AllenWL on January 31, 2016, 01:06:31 AM

For one, female and male brains. How will those work? Will a male brain in a female body not get effected by physic drones for males? Will a brain of a physically deaf in the body of the physically hypersensitive still be physically deaf? Will the brain of a farm oaf in a body of a noble be able to haul? Will a colonist brain in a raider body 'recruit' the raider? Will a raider brain in a colonist body turn the colonist into a raider? Will the brain of a shooting level 10 still have that 10 levels of shooting when placed in a body with 0 shooting?

You are anchoring your thinking on the body. Change the anchor to the brain, as we indeed are effectively our brains, the rest is small business. All the stats, perks and skills should be replaced by the ones of the incoming brain (yeah would need a lot of code to hold that data). Maybe apply some slight degradation for skills that require physical conditioning, such as melee, ranged combat, etc. Only thing that would be swapped is the bodies with female/male brains for psychic drones, however that could be worked around I assume by adding transexualized brain/bodies. (male in female and female in male)

tiger33116

The way I see it in order to do brain transplants you would need some kind of bed or implant to keep the body alive while you moved the brains. Now with that sorted you could take the idea to a new level such as creating clones to move your people's brains to a new body or the same implant that keeps your colonist bodies alive without a brain could be upgraded to have some kind of remote control system. But that's just my 2 cents, awesome job on the mod by the way.

AllenWL

Quote from: Djohaal on January 31, 2016, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on January 31, 2016, 01:06:31 AM

You are anchoring your thinking on the body. Change the anchor to the brain, as we indeed are effectively our brains, the rest is small business. All the stats, perks and skills should be replaced by the ones of the incoming brain (yeah would need a lot of code to hold that data). Maybe apply some slight degradation for skills that require physical conditioning, such as melee, ranged combat, etc. Only thing that would be swapped is the bodies with female/male brains for psychic drones, however that could be worked around I assume by adding transexualized brain/bodies. (male in female and female in male)
I was thinking more along the lines of 'is it even possible to shove that much data in a single object?'
Also, I feel like switching bodies will be slightly more than 'feels weird' or 'somewhat not up to scratch'.
For example, would a master calligrapher still be able to do the same job in the body of a laborer who does grunt work six days a week?

tiger33116

You could have an illness that reduces a person's skills while they adapt to the new body.

AllenWL

I found out something.
If you give someone a prosthetic arm, you can give them a normal arm on that side anymore, even after you remove it.
I think it's because the thing has a shoulder included, while an arm doesn't. When you remove a prosthetic arm, it says 'shoulder removed', and I'm guessing you need a shoulder to attach an arm.
Edit: Also, I think it will be nice if you could add new limbs even if the 'limb' is fine.
Whenever my colonist lost a foot or a hand, I have to either use prostheses-which are either not as good, or expensive, or remove the limb the body part it attached to before giving a new limb, which causes a big mood debuff for the colonist and a mood debuff for everyone.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: AllenWL on February 13, 2016, 12:51:18 AM
or remove the limb the body part it attached to before giving a new limb, which causes a big mood debuff for the colonist and a mood debuff for everyone.

That isn't right.
After some time I always replace the whole hand(/foot) if a finger(/toe) is missing, sometimes the whole arm/leg when a had/food is missing, I haven't once see this debuff.

If you simply "install" body parts, you shouldn't have it.
If you "harvest", however...

AllenWL

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on February 13, 2016, 05:45:23 AM
or remove the limb the body part it attached to before giving a new limb, which causes a big mood debuff for the colonist and a mood debuff for everyone.

That isn't right.
After some time I always replace the whole hand(/foot) if a finger(/toe) is missing, sometimes the whole arm/leg when a had/food is missing, I haven't once see this debuff.

If you simply "install" body parts, you shouldn't have it.
If you "harvest", however...
if you could add new limbs even if the 'limb' is fine.
What I'm saying is you cannot give a colonist a new natural(not prosthetic) arm/leg if the 'limb' itself is not damaged. In other words, a colonist missing a hand/foot cannot be given a arm/leg without first removing the arm/leg, which gives the 'organ harvested' debuff.
Sure, prosthetic work fine, but I want to give them natural limbs damn it!

23Emeralds

Hello :D

This is a wonderful mod, but I was wondering where can I get all the recipes ? Or did I misread something ?

23Emeralds

beiltro

Does this mod allow for the creation and replacement of natural organs and limbs instead of synthetics?