[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Draconian

Quote from: Ioann1742 on September 03, 2016, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: Ykara on September 02, 2016, 08:36:13 PM
Yeah, it's just a typo. It's gonna be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile you can just look into the recipes folder and change the ingredients yourself, you can find it in the Recipe_Synthesizer.xml.
Thank you!)) It becomes more interesting to go deeper into other mods also))

More than a typo - fired up development mode and there was no attempt to create a synthetic liver until there were 10 surrogates - and somehow they were attempting to make the synthetics out of WOOD sometimes (probably an issue with another mod or maybe that they had to gather the 10 surrogates). I have made the change in the .xml and will see if - a. It only takes 1 surrogate and b. If they ever try to make one out of wood....

With all that said - love the mod.

AstroChimp

Started a new colony with both bionics eyes and a exoskeleton suit implanted trhough Prepare Carefully. Both eyes lost their debuff (Just Installed and Accostuming) but the exoskeleton suit is still with it's debuff(Just installed). It's been a year now since I started that colony.
Cat beards should be a thing.

Draconian

Quote from: Draconian on September 03, 2016, 10:28:08 PM
Quote from: Ioann1742 on September 03, 2016, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: Ykara on September 02, 2016, 08:36:13 PM
Yeah, it's just a typo. It's gonna be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile you can just look into the recipes folder and change the ingredients yourself, you can find it in the Recipe_Synthesizer.xml.
Thank you!)) It becomes more interesting to go deeper into other mods also))

More than a typo - fired up development mode and there was no attempt to create a synthetic liver until there were 10 surrogates - and somehow they were attempting to make the synthetics out of WOOD sometimes (probably an issue with another mod or maybe that they had to gather the 10 surrogates). I have made the change in the .xml and will see if - a. It only takes 1 surrogate and b. If they ever try to make one out of wood....

With all that said - love the mod.

Okay, have been playing around with debug and doesn't appear to be caused by another mod. Happens with all organs (synthetic, not surrogate) as far as I can see - it will attempt to create a version made of wood from time to time. Debug inspector screenshot attached - shows item made of wood

MakeThing error: Tried to make UnfinishedProsthesis from SurrogateHeart which is not a stuff. Assigning default.     ---this error occurs when pawn STARTS to make the item from wood.

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Shouta, Job=DoBill A=Thing_UpgradingStation218738 B=Thing_UnfinishedProsthesis1876310 C=(182, 0, 116), Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe.ProcessedIngredients (Verse.AI.Job job, Verse.Thing& dominantIngredient) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey380.<>m__54D () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0    -------this happens when the wooden organ reaches 0 work left (it will never finish and must be cancelled - the pawn will be stuck standing during this time)

BTW - did modify the .xml and liver no longer requires 10 surrogates - however, still fails from time to time as above.
And please note - at no time does a pawn ACTUALLY have wood in their inventory, nor do they retrieve wood...it just "appears" when they attempt to make the synthetic organ. Have no idea if it is related - but the recipes show "Weapons allow non-smeltable" by default - hpwever, even when deselected the issue occurs.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

deathstar

Hey quick question, I'm unable to amputate arms or legs. I'm sure that used to be possible in my a14 version (arms would be under left/right shoulder-surgeries). I'm actually not sure if the option was added by a mod as I only remember using the same medical mods I'm using now (EPOE, DESurgeries).

Replacing limbs with prosthetics still works, but the natural limb is lost.

edit: I did add the new graft rejection mod as well.

Phyroxis

Does anyone have version 1.71 or 1.70? I am playing game version 14.1234 and would like to use this mod

Monzer

hey after researching synthatic organs I couldn't find the workbench for it . I have all other workbenches but this one any idea ?

Jan2607

Quote from: Monzer on September 08, 2016, 01:17:49 PM
hey after researching synthatic organs I couldn't find the workbench for it . I have all other workbenches but this one any idea ?

Same. Can't find how I can craft these.
And another question: One of my colonists has a destroyed spinal column. Is it possible to fix it with this mod?

Inzann

Hello! I downloaded the mod today to the updated version of the game and I removed an eye from a prisoner and decided to give it to one of my colonists who had damaged their eye. It says on my colonist "permanent gunshot injury (FN Five-seven)". This was why I wanted to fix her eye. Anyway I operated the eye on her but she has been in bed ever since (I think its 4 days total now). I remember using this mod before and they would get up as soon as the anesthesia wore off. Is this a bug?

JournalSnail

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 08, 2016, 05:28:54 PM
Quote from: Monzer on September 08, 2016, 01:17:49 PM

Same. Can't find how I can craft these.
And another question: One of my colonists has a destroyed spinal column. Is it possible to fix it with this mod?
It does not have a station of it's own. It's station is the Upgrading station, it's the same station that you use to upgrade your normal bionic parts to advanced ones. You can create a bionic spine and replace your destroyed spine with it.

This is unrelated to the two posts above but it's annoyed me how easily bionic parts can be destroyed. I've looked everywhere in the code to try to figure out if the bionic parts have respective hitpoints from the original body part. With my limited knowledge I've concluded that it has the same health levels. Normal limbs are much more durable than bionic parts thanks for the extra segments like the toes or fingers, though. Is it possible to add armor values to the bionic parts? I imagine it's the same situation as firing projectiles; I imagine the verbs don't work. I know a number of people also complained about this same subject.

Kiwih

Hi Ykara

So i'm playing with my colony, and have researched Synthetic organs, but can't find the workbench for it in my production tab.
Do you have any idea why that is?

kunyomi

I gave one of my guys an ear bandage, he was sedated (god knows why) when the surgeon put it on and has been in a bed unable to move for over a season since then, I already applied an artificial nose and bionic foot to other people in the meanwhile, who recovered and adjusted to their new body parts just fine.

But still, the guy that had a piece of cloth put on his ear hole is stuck in a coma, is this a bug or just unlucky post-operation duration RNG?

The sedation condition is long gone, he's just stuck at 10% consciousness

GenericUsername

I had that bug too, I don't know if it has to do with this mod though.

Two people were stuck in bed at 10% consciousness with no health issues.
One had an eye patch and the other had a wooden foot added (early game).

I fixed it by directly opening the save file, finding the pawns and removing the line that says their health state is "down". That brought their consciousness back to 100% and they immediately got up.
Haven't had that bug again so far.

kunyomi

Do you remember what line it was exactly?
Having trouble finding it, would help if I could just ctrl-f it.

Edit: Nevermind, I decided to just remove the ear bandage (my surgeon failed "catastrophically", by the way, causing major bleeding) after which he decided it was time to wake up.

I guess all it takes to get people out of a coma in the rimworld is the only thing scarier than death: rimworld surgeons.

GenericUsername

<healthState>Down</healthState>

As far as I can tell, "Healthstate" can be "Dead" or "Down", people that are living and conscious do not have that line, so you can straight up delete it.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still bugged. A colonist got his leg blown off, I replaced it with a prosthetic and he's stuck in bed at 10% consciousness.
I can fix it with save editing but I have to do it every single time I operate on a colonist.
There's definitely something not right here.

EDIT2: On top of that, I noticed I have a colonist that's stuck at 50% consciousness for no reason. He moves around and works, but much worse than he should.
This particular colonist has had no operations done to him, just medical care for normal injuries.

Jan2607