Is there anyway to run two difference Alpha versions?

Started by Vonholtz, February 19, 2015, 07:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

I was just wounding is there anyway to still run alpha 8 till the mods all get updated for A9? And still play around with alpha 9 with out having to deleted my old alpha 8 files?

tommytom

Seperate user accounts on your computer, if you are saying the appdata contains your mods/etc that conflict.

Can you not just run them from different folders and just not load up saves/worlds from the load screens?

Otherwise, wait for it to have an option for custom appdata location or make a portable yourself with portable tools like jauntepe/thinapp/spoon studio/xenocode but they don't always work and are quite expensive besides jauntepe and I already tried it and it doesn't work.

Vonholtz

Quote from: tommytom on February 19, 2015, 07:49:20 PM
Seperate user accounts on your computer, if you are saying the appdata contains your mods/etc that conflict.

Can you not just run them from different folders and just not load up saves/worlds from the load screens?

Otherwise, wait for it to have an option for custom appdata location or make a portable yourself with portable tools like jauntepe/thinapp/spoon studio/xenocode but they don't always work and are quite expensive besides jauntepe and I already tried it and it doesn't work.
I am not great with computers so maybe another username is the way to go for me. TY

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport