[MOD PACK] (Alpha 9) Epokalypse 1.02b [Hotfixes n' Tweaks!]

Started by Epyk, February 20, 2015, 03:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does Epokalypse feel balanced?

Yup! Just the right amount of challenge!
It has a few kinks! Translation: Mostly balanced (Please comment the issue)
I can't survive the Epokalypse! Translation: Unbalanced (Please comment the issue)
I haven't tried the Epokalypse.

Epyk

Quote from: Nevodark on February 25, 2015, 04:38:17 PM
Quote from: skullywag on February 25, 2015, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: Salfallen on February 25, 2015, 08:24:45 AM
is razor rain op right now or did i just get unlucky all 8 of my colonists just died in my first razor rain individual  meteors nailed each one inside my mountain base......

INSIDE your mountain base? shouldnt hit under roofs? did it?

Ive had the same thing happen. Its gone right through the roofs inside mountain bases with the "mountain roof" or w.e it is above it.

It also landed inside my freezer and super heated it to 170C lol RIP

The only other real REAL issue with the razor rain is 1 the HUGE ammount of fires it starts and 2 every fucking peice of steel is marked as haulable.

This means your colonists will run ALL OVER THE PLACE! literally across the map to pick up a single. as in x1 peice of steel.

The way the rain spreads it out is so vast you cant even mark it all as forbidden at once either. its pretty horrific and has killed my colony more times then anything else.

Update.

Pathing

Quote from: Ember on February 25, 2015, 06:58:38 PM
take a look at that temperature X3

http://i.imgur.com/N8gPNHU.png
Which seed and location are your colony on?
I want to try this spot, thanks.
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

Ember

Quote from: Pathing on February 25, 2015, 09:10:15 PM
Quote from: Ember on February 25, 2015, 06:58:38 PM
take a look at that temperature X3

http://i.imgur.com/N8gPNHU.png
Which seed and location are your colony on?
I want to try this spot, thanks.

I would give you those but I have no idea how to find the seed, you will also need the ice sheet mod, it hasn't updated to A9 yet but the part that lets you play on ice sheets still works in A9

Dofolo

Had two razor rains in my last game (1.02b + v9e) and it stays outside nicely and all metal that does drop is not marked as to haul?

I think pirate raids may be bugged tho, had 10+ ants, 10+ zombie, 10+ worm raids, but never pirates. Then I got bored and decided to tunnel towards cryosleep caskets (yay no mechanoids in the 'building') and opened one. It had 5 or 6 humanoids in them that were agressive.

As soon as I convinced them to die I had a hotdrop on me and next 3 raids were pirates ...

So still going strong in #2, we're up to 8 or 9 people now, no deaths yet. Some close zombie calls and "oh hey, lets repair that wall next to the zombie that is getting shot by 10 turrets" accidents. Have a pirate without a hand (shot off), I guess it depends on the first trader if hes going to be sold whole or in parts ^^

Epyk

Quote from: Dofolo on February 26, 2015, 02:22:37 AM
Had two razor rains in my last game (1.02b + v9e) and it stays outside nicely and all metal that does drop is not marked as to haul?

I think pirate raids may be bugged tho, had 10+ ants, 10+ zombie, 10+ worm raids, but never pirates. Then I got bored and decided to tunnel towards cryosleep caskets (yay no mechanoids in the 'building') and opened one. It had 5 or 6 humanoids in them that were agressive.

As soon as I convinced them to die I had a hotdrop on me and next 3 raids were pirates ...

So still going strong in #2, we're up to 8 or 9 people now, no deaths yet. Some close zombie calls and "oh hey, lets repair that wall next to the zombie that is getting shot by 10 turrets" accidents. Have a pirate without a hand (shot off), I guess it depends on the first trader if hes going to be sold whole or in parts ^^

Awesome! Love to hear users stories.

Pirate raids have been reduced  by some amount. The non-human factions are the main course of this mod.

Epyk

There's another non-human faction mod.
Thinking about adding it...

Ember

think you could add some bits that help us survive as well?

Nevodark

Though about adding combat realism at all? or would it be incompatible with current mods?

Mechanoid Hivemind

What i have issue with is the darkness makes it so dark i cant see anything except the names of my colonist and even the day time i have to squint to see it. but other than that i have no issue.

Ps. lower the food growing time just a hair i wanna play it and not die in the first couple days ;)
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Epyk

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 27, 2015, 02:45:13 AM
What i have issue with is the darkness makes it so dark i cant see anything except the names of my colonist and even the day time i have to squint to see it. but other than that i have no issue.

Ps. lower the food growing time just a hair i wanna play it and not die in the first couple days ;)

It's suppose to be dark, light levels are unchanged in the morning and no.
I'm looking for more outdoor light options however.

Epyk

Quote from: Nevodark on February 26, 2015, 03:11:10 PM
Though about adding combat realism at all? or would it be incompatible with current mods?

I'll play a few rounds and run some tests and see if I like it.