[MOD PACK] (Alpha 9) Epokalypse 1.02b [Hotfixes n' Tweaks!]

Started by Epyk, February 20, 2015, 03:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does Epokalypse feel balanced?

Yup! Just the right amount of challenge!
It has a few kinks! Translation: Mostly balanced (Please comment the issue)
I can't survive the Epokalypse! Translation: Unbalanced (Please comment the issue)
I haven't tried the Epokalypse.

Novellum

Welp, colony was wiped once a meteor struck my RTG powerplant and plunged my base into darkness. While trying to rebuild, had a zombie attack.  ;D

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 08:53:47 PM
Welp, colony was wiped once a meteor struck my RTG powerplant and plunged my base into darkness. While trying to rebuild, had a zombie attack.  ;D
Well then.
Can you give me a review of your Epokalypse experience?
You've helped a ton so far, but your input by putting yourself through the current mess that is the Epokalypse would help even more.  :-X
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

It was pretty fun, I do still think the meteor showers were so annoying to deal with after the event would end, because the amount of fire on screen would just cripple my pc. The lack of traders basically left me just mining out a huge section of mountain so I could haul everything to stockpiles in between raids, but that's going to be fixed soon. Towards the end, my set-up of two vulcans gave me an endless supply of meat after some ant swarms spawned with several ant queens, maybe finding a way to stop the queens from giving birth after awhile.

I think you could probably get away with dropping the pirate faction count to 2, that way it has a higher chance to spawn ants, zombies, or mechs. In fact, I never saw mechs at all while I was alive.

I don't have any complaints weapon wise, all the guns seems to be in a good place(although snipers are a bit of a specialty case, only used them to snipe pirates trying to snipe my turrets), would like a way to maybe craft our own bionics to replace limbs that are either lost in combat or manually cut off to avoid infections(but this is probably a lesser concern once traders are back). The vulcan may be a bit too cheap in this situation, but it's possible my results are different because I found a massive steel vein near my base entrance. And the RTGs are pretty good too.

Epyk

Couple more hours of testing and a new update will be released.
Try Epokalypse!

skullywag

Im debating doing something about the fire, single metorites arent so bad, but the mass fall is a killer, rain is supposed to obviously kick in after too much fire is on the map but it seems to take an age with fire produced from this mod. Ill look into it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Epyk

UPDATE!

2.21.15 Epokalypse 1.00
- Initial release
- Reduced all meat drops
- Reduced crop growth rate
- Various core tweaks
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

A top 10 survivor board is now up! Be the longest survivor and take the #1 spot!
To compete, you need to give me full screen picture proof of your starting and ending year through the Epokalypse.
Happy surviving!
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 21, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
I'll be the first to participate I suppose!

http://gyazo.com/f2584a2ad4ef1dc1ebd7dce5c6620dcb

So you're colonists perished in 2minutes and 19seconds?
I may need to specify, but I'm looking for a full screen picture of when your colonists first land and when they all kick the bucket. Two pictures total.
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Quote from: Epyk on February 21, 2015, 04:55:11 PM

I may need to specify, but I'm looking for a full screen picture of when your colonists first land and when they all kick the bucket. Two pictures total.
Oh sorry, that was just the stats screen when I first landed. Noone has died yet, I have another picture though of them just landing. I'll post the start and end together next time.  ;D

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 21, 2015, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: Epyk on February 21, 2015, 04:55:11 PM

Oh sorry, that was just the stats screen when I first landed. Noone has died yet, I have another picture though of them just landing. I'll post the start and end together next time.  ;D

I'll be waiting for them. I added an example to the original post on how to participate in the leaderboard.
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Well this colony was short-lived...

Start and End.

R.I.P the town of Salvation: Jan 1, 5500 - Mar 5, 5500

RickyMartini

Hi Epyk, would it help for your mod development if I played it and posted a gameplay of it on video?

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 21, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

Start and End.

Story?

Quote from: Skissor on February 21, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
Hi Epyk, would it help for your mod development if I played it and posted a gameplay of it on video?
Any problem and/or suggestions for balance can be post here.
If you have a RimWorld series/video using my modpack I'd be happy to post it under the videos section if you ask.

At Epokalypse's current stage right now, I'd love to see how users progress and if they run into any issues or if I see something I'd like to change.
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Quote from: Epyk on February 21, 2015, 06:53:10 PM
Quote from: Novellum on February 21, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

Start and End.

Story?

I ordered my colonists to destruct the initial door so I could move it further up in my defensive line, but never ordered a new door to be constructed. So a zombie just walked in and bit two of my colonists before I noticed. Then the last died when he went to haul the dead colonists away and they zombified and bit him as well.