[A13] A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.13.2]

Started by A2Bcorp, February 21, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman999999999

yea but my raids come from  a long way away so thats why i have set like that so lets say silver or weps and corpes it makes it easiyer but whateves and my crops are very far away from my stock that was the main resin for it  being like that and if the stock has a higher pro then they will just bypass the conver or i maybe rong cant check its gone.

Yes, there are some logistical issues you need to factor into this game. ;)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

pigman999999999

ok im going to shut up so that this ist neverending (:

123nick

is there any reason to use this? like, i know they are pretty cool, but in the base game, there isnt really anything that these things could help with.  like, sure it could be used for corpse disposal, but, unless your kill room is very far away from a corpse stockpile, it doesent seem to be worth the investment of building and powering a conveyor line used to carry corpses. or maybe it might be, idk. there should be a mod that adds in generators which require resources to mine.

Toggle

If you had a giant farm say, you could easily have the conveyor belt going from there to your stockpile for the stuff you collected, which would save time on your haulers, as you'd have the resources go directly to that area. I find it's a good idea to not have the last spot as a stockpile, so your hauler will move the dropped item into the stockpile beside them, then the rest of it will drop. But the point is a conveyor line of potatoes in your stockpile is better then a hauler who has to go back and fourth to collect them.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

blub01

Quote from: 123nick on September 12, 2015, 09:00:57 PM
is there any reason to use this? like, i know they are pretty cool, but in the base game, there isnt really anything that these things could help with.  like, sure it could be used for corpse disposal, but, unless your kill room is very far away from a corpse stockpile, it doesent seem to be worth the investment of building and powering a conveyor line used to carry corpses. or maybe it might be, idk. there should be a mod that adds in generators which require resources to mine.

It's useful for pretty much every repeated hauling job that goes over a far distance.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

A2B as the only mod (set) you have is pretty OP and of limited use.  The only thing you can produce in quantity is food.  It will help your farms, no doubt, but that is about the only place you are likely to use it.  When playing with other mods which add renewable resource production (various mining/drilling mods), A2B becomes invaluable.

A properly set up conveyor system (slow as the belts are) will easily out-haul your entire colony forced to work strictly as haulers.  The belts don't rest, they don't have mental breaks, they don't stop to eat or play chess.  As long as they are operating in their temperature range (min -10C, -30C with research), have some regular maintenance (chance to break down is based on building health) and are powered, they will run day and night, sorting and delivering, delivering and sorting.

Combine A2B with your favourite 'droid to really see the power and effectiveness of A2B.

Remember, an empty belt is a useless belt.  If the belt has something on it, it has purpose.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Iwillbenicetou

I have found, when you are mining, you get a lot of rock chunks. They are pretty useless b/c they require stone cutting, but since you get so much of them, then you get so many stone blocks. And, as you can only haul one of them, if you can get a connection port with some underground conveyors, you can easily bring the stone chunks to the disposal/stone cutting bench.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Riddle78

Digging the concept. I'm building my conveyor system now,to get my metals from my extractors to the stockpiles. However,I have noticed a VERY big issue. Undertakers,set to lift mode,draw well over eight thousand units of energy per tick to run,each. Please tell me this isn't intentional.

EDIT: Here,have a screenshot.

The important bit is highlighted in red. The one to the left of that one,which is already turned off,draws over eight thousand watts. THAT one draws twelve thousand. Any idea why? If it's intentional... Why? It's impossible to get enough power to fuel such a system,if that's the case.

Mrshilka

Hello!
First time poster here, Since Droids are out of action I have been exploring your mod for my hauling needs.
And those needs are great, I tend to deal with raids of 800 to 1500+ pawns and once my guns stop reaping I need to haul all those bodies and loot for processing and storage for sale.

I have set up a small teleport network for body transport, it is basic and likely overkill, I know I can refine it.

My issue is each of those loaders will only take a single task at a time, aka one body so if I have 30 hauling drones (I do) the first 6 will take bodies to the loaders but the other 24 will carry the corpse's all the way back to the morgue.
Am I doing something wrong with the loader setup or is this a known issue? It would be nice if the loader would take stacks of say 100+ and then just keep pushing the stacks out into the belts until empty.

blub01

Quote from: Mrshilka on September 13, 2015, 09:18:11 PM
Hello!
First time poster here, Since Droids are out of action I have been exploring your mod for my hauling needs.
And those needs are great, I tend to deal with raids of 800 to 1500+ pawns and once my guns stop reaping I need to haul all those bodies and loot for processing and storage for sale.

I have set up a small teleport network for body transport, it is basic and likely overkill, I know I can refine it.

My issue is each of those loaders will only take a single task at a time, aka one body so if I have 30 hauling drones (I do) the first 6 will take bodies to the loaders but the other 24 will carry the corpse's all the way back to the morgue.
Am I doing something wrong with the loader setup or is this a known issue? It would be nice if the loader would take stacks of say 100+ and then just keep pushing the stacks out into the belts until empty.

just add more loaders. that should work, right?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Quote from: Riddle78
Digging the concept. I'm building my conveyor system now,to get my metals from my extractors to the stockpiles. However,I have noticed a VERY big issue. Undertakers,set to lift mode,draw well over eight thousand units of energy per tick to run,each. Please tell me this isn't intentional.

EDIT: Here,have a screenshot.

- snip -

The important bit is highlighted in red. The one to the left of that one,which is already turned off,draws over eight thousand watts. THAT one draws twelve thousand. Any idea why? If it's intentional... Why? It's impossible to get enough power to fuel such a system,if that's the case.

That I have not seen in my tests before.  I would suspect that you have a complete connection of underground belts under your "sorting room" to the left.  Make sure that there are no underground belt sections under the three undertakers and selector in that room.  If you have a complete straight line connecting the underground belt sections, they could indeed draw more than you'd expect.  If they are not connected and that lift is only powering those 12 sections, then there must be a bug.  Double check your configuration, I suspect that there are unintentional underground belt sections in certain places causing them to all link into one giant network.