[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Emottaja

I like the new armor designs. On alpha 12, I used to have my colonists wear the Marksman gear while my soldiers wore the Riot gear.
The new Riot gear looks awesome, but I miss the Marksman gear. =/

Could it be possible to maybe have clothing sets in your awesome style to complement the awesome armors? =3

A Friend

Quote from: sproutprinceps on April 16, 2016, 04:35:30 AM
I got some kind of error from the mod federation, I loaded the mods in this order:
1. Core
2. Rimsenal core mod
3. Rimsenal - Federation
And the game said it recover from mod or something, however, the core mod and feral work fine for me, any suggestion :?

I had the same problem too but fixed it by just redownloading and replacing those two.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Tig2

I jus love to see this witch combat realism! It just be lethal and epic hardcore! ^^

With new weapon crafting system are you plan to allow to craft som of those guns?
"The strongest among you, may not wear a crown"

something776

Quote from: Madpizzaboy on April 16, 2016, 01:26:52 AM
does this mod works with rimfire mod?

Yes, it does.  I currently have both running in my game.

duduluu

Such fast updating!
I think you may add the version number in the filename.
For we know the version that we download. :)
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Ballisticmoss

for some reason when i have the feral faction mod installed and not active the clothes from that mod still show up in the clothing list and when i try to make them not wear it they go completely nude.

i don't know if this is because im am using other mods with this but i cant get it to stop i even uninstalled the mod.

Cewelowic

Hey rooki1

I signed up to the forums just to say thanks and to give some feedback! This is really the only mod I use (core, security and storytellers to be exact), and I think its great! I noticed a few things, though, and wanted to point them out.

To start, a small typo. Carbon jumpsuit is called Carbon jumpuit in the game, missing an s.

I love the Sereniz Storyteller! Shes just what I want in the game. Raids are often enough I keep well stocked, but theres plenty of time to manage my colony in the mean time.

The melee weapons are really powerful, but they also sell for too much. They dont scale with material cost either. I can make vibro swords for 40 steel and sell them to completely clean out an exotic goods seller! Then when they sell them, but in odd materials like gold, I can buy them and smelt them down for massive profit. I bought a golden assault hammer for 4500 silver and smelted it down into 800 gold, which is worth some 11k silver. I'd like you to consider this. Oh, and the new melee weapons take 1 tick to manufacture. I personally went in and changed that to something reasonable.

The YP faction armor and weapons are my favorite. With the drop suit my bionic legged soldier is sprinting at some 8.6 squares a second! Its utter nonsense. Maybe the bonus is too fast when you have bionic legs. What sucks though is my 100 plasteel spike turret has 24(!) hp, which means it gets blown up by a PDW in 2 bursts. I dont think its supposed to be that weak, since an improvised plasteel turret has 240 hp. Spike rifles are the staple in my arsenal. I used the marksman rifle by GD, and I think its too powerful. It fires 2 25 damage shots at great accuracy, and just destroys everything. I'd consider tweaking it since it doesnt take research to unlock.

I have a set of legendary assault armor, but I rarely use it. The movement penalty is so great I essentially have to set that character in one spot and bunker up, waiting for them to come to me. Not very assaulty. It does give around a 64% chance to negate a gunshot though, so thats really good.

I think it'd be great if you added some light armor/apparel for each faction. Its kind of weird for my characters to be side by side with ones in dusters and cowboy hats. I've only ever seen one carbon jumpsuit, too.

Anyways, thats just my 2 cents. I really love the mod and I might try out the feral faction mod when I make a new planet. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Even though GD weapons only take steel, they produce plasteel when smelted.

Lumaan

CCL is out for A13, but gives a error in debug log :( But you can get around it by using "-nohelp" when running the game *Right click the icon go to "Properties", under "Shortcut" tab drop in the "-nohelp" after the exe file *so it looks like this "Where you have Rimworld installed\RimWorld1135Win.exe -nohelp*

rooki1

Thank for feedback everyone. I really appreciate for your help.
Now I'm on big balance update(aka. nerf hammer). It will take some time.

Artyom

@rooki1 I've been a long time fan of Combat Realism and I absolutely loved your mods' compatibility patch. When CR hopefully gets updated, could we look forward to another cross compatibility patch?

rooki1

v0.53 Updated!

v0.53:
Core:
- Balance fix. Most of weapons got nerfed to vanila level.

Federation:

- Aux pistol added. A crude, mass produced version of more delicate Negotiator pistol.
- Balance fix

Feral:

- Rat stick added. A javelin tied with explosive boomrat tumor.
- Balance fix
- Feral projectile texture added

Security pack:

- Barrage cannon added. Designed for long range fire support, the barrage cannon shoots destructive rocket salvo.

Storyteller pack:
- Balance fix

Well, then, I want you to guess what it is.

Cewelowic

Wow that was pretty fast. I'm gonna install these and check them out!

Also, I just noticed (mostly because I just got them) that exoskeleton suits when the pawn is facing up have a transparent center square. It shows whatever is behind the pawn.

I dont think Ive seen a mod updated so fast tbh. You really keep this mod fresh!

Im guessing that is some kind of tank, maybe an APC given I dont see any obvious weapons. Maybe its a trader pack tank. The sides look like vents rather than rocket pods, since in the front view they are eclipsed. Or maybe they are side storage pods.

sproutprinceps

Quote from: rooki1 on April 18, 2016, 06:06:54 AM

Well, then, I want you to guess what it is.

A muffalo?
Perhaps a new mech for Federation Peace Corp?

Cewelowic

My initial impression of the balance mod is that most changes are good! Forcing materials on the melee weapons is probably smart to prevent getting cheap precious metals, at least until you can change their cost based off materials used. I'm keeping my uranium concussion baton for separating torsos from bodies though ;)

Jottun Interstellar ranged weapons didnt interest me at first, and now they are pretty lackluster across the board. The hrunting rifle now is a weaker survival rifle, and I think thats a tragedy. The pistol which I did use occasionally is now a weak trade-off of damage, speed, and accuracy compared to the starter. I think you can keep the high damage of the Jottun weapons because they are expensive (Plasteel!), slow, inaccurate, and require research.

Seems I'll actually have to diversify from spike rifles, since they are really only going to be good past the 24 square mark. The marksman rifle seems like a good choice but not a perfect one, so I think its in a good spot.

I like to be able to move my forces out of danger quickly, so I dont really use Fed weapons. I cant speak for them, but they still seem like strong weapons in their own right.

I might have to put back my HMG nests ;)

rooki1

Quote from: Cewelowic on April 18, 2016, 07:47:07 AM
Jottun Interstellar ranged weapons didnt interest me at first, and now they are pretty lackluster across the board. The hrunting rifle now is a weaker survival rifle, and I think thats a tragedy. The pistol which I did use occasionally is now a weak trade-off of damage, speed, and accuracy compared to the starter. I think you can keep the high damage of the Jottun weapons because they are expensive (Plasteel!), slow, inaccurate, and require research.

Does you see the damage type of JI? Now they are ignoring armor. I changed them to mechanoid hunting tools.