[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

SNKcell

My favorite mod :D how long to get the federation for A10? Thanks :D

Evmeister

I'm curious as I've read the whole thread and couldn't find any confirmation. Are you able to get the Federation armors and equip your colonists with them?

Also the mech suits, is there way to get some on your side?

Thank You!

Adamiks

Is there any chance for Rimfire-Rimsenal "balance" fix? Because i think that Scout in rimfire is better than all this shinny sniper rifles and (this is the biggest problem!) it is not really too good referring to the vanilla game. I think that rimsenal weapons should be a little better but also more expensive.

Dragoon

Quote from: Evmeister on May 09, 2015, 12:20:09 AM
-snip-

you have to buy the armor from traders the troops don't drop them only weapons.

and no.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Evmeister

Hello again, I getting some missing textures for some guns, in particular some of the optic and shard stuff. Also the Instant sentry turret is shooting missing textures. I took all the other mods off to to make sure there wasn't anything conflicting with it. I've included the image of the errors popping up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mjpzsqg5ts1rig/RimWorld778Win%202015-05-09%2020-25-02-92.bmp?dl=0

Adamiks

Quote from: Dragoon on May 09, 2015, 07:40:26 PM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 09, 2015, 08:30:36 AM
Rimfire-Rimsenal compatible fix

They don't work together?

They working together, but aren't really balanced with each other. For example scout is better than optic precision rifle (scout = 38dmg, 50range, 3sek, small cooldown. optic = 30dmg, 50 range + minimal range, 4sek and bigger cooldown). In short Rimfire weapons are like (but cheeper) Rimsenal weapons, but are balanced to the vanilla game so problem is in Rimsenal - maybe if this weapons would be better but more expensive?

Dragoon

Quote from: Adamiks on May 10, 2015, 07:09:09 AM
but aren't really balanced with each other. For example scout is better than optic precision rifle (scout = 38dmg, 50range, 3sek, small cooldown. optic = 30dmg, 50 range + minimal range, 4sek and bigger cooldown). In short Rimfire weapons are like (but cheeper) Rimsenal weapons, but are balanced to the vanilla game so problem is in Rimsenal - maybe if this weapons would be better but more expensive?

True however I must not that the optic weapons have a small explosion (not close to evening it out but has to be noted).

nukularpower

Rimfire weapons seem quite overpowered to me, complaining this mod isnt as OP as those ones is a bit disingenuous :P

Vayeate

Personally, I feel the weapons aren't at all underpowered, but require tactical thinking beyond 'point at enemy, enemy dies'

- The optic weapons can hurt enemies even when they're in cover due to their AoE damage
- The shard weapons fire a huge amount of rounds, causing lots of wounds, which leads to more bleeding and higher risk of infected wounds
- The Greydale weapons are meant to balance out against the vanilla weapons, not be more powerful than them
- The Jotun are the damage dealers. Anyone getting in front of a siege shotgun will die in 1 or 2 hits, which is plenty powerful for me

The special attributes of the first two types also make the guns more fun in the hands of enemies, since the optic weapons will damage my pawns even when they're in cover, I can't just have them shoot it out, but I have to be more aggressive, while the shard weapons are the opposite, since charging in will lead to a lot of wounds, some of which might cause an instakill.

In short, less brute force and more tactical flexibility. If you prefer brute force, just stick to the Jotun weapons.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Vayeate on May 14, 2015, 05:38:51 AM
Personally, I feel the weapons aren't at all underpowered, but require tactical thinking beyond 'point at enemy, enemy dies'

- The optic weapons can hurt enemies even when they're in cover due to their AoE damage
- The shard weapons fire a huge amount of rounds, causing lots of wounds, which leads to more bleeding and higher risk of infected wounds
- The Greydale weapons are meant to balance out against the vanilla weapons, not be more powerful than them
- The Jotun are the damage dealers. Anyone getting in front of a siege shotgun will die in 1 or 2 hits, which is plenty powerful for me

The special attributes of the first two types also make the guns more fun in the hands of enemies, since the optic weapons will damage my pawns even when they're in cover, I can't just have them shoot it out, but I have to be more aggressive, while the shard weapons are the opposite, since charging in will lead to a lot of wounds, some of which might cause an instakill.

In short, less brute force and more tactical flexibility. If you prefer brute force, just stick to the Jotun weapons.

I agree with most of this, but feel that the Optic weapons are by far the weakest of the three mod weapon groups, despite their high accuracy and AOE. Up against at well-armored colony, the burn damage does so little that they might as well be doing nothing at all (unless you have like six Peacemongers with OSWs raining pain on you) compared to just run of the mill raiders armed with Jotun or shard weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing a slight tweak in the future that makes optics slightly more powerful, possibly adding in some kind of mild armor piercing to counter the presence of super strong armor in this mod.

Adamiks

Quote from: A_Soft_Machine_Man on May 14, 2015, 11:23:29 AM
Quote from: Vayeate on May 14, 2015, 05:38:51 AM

I agree with most of this, but feel that the Optic weapons are by far the weakest of the three mod weapon groups, despite their high accuracy and AOE. Up against at well-armored colony, the burn damage does so little that they might as well be doing nothing at all (unless you have like six Peacemongers with OSWs raining pain on you) compared to just run of the mill raiders armed with Jotun or shard weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing a slight tweak in the future that makes optics slightly more powerful, possibly adding in some kind of mild armor piercing to counter the presence of super strong armor in this mod.

Actually i think that armors are weakest in the protection from cold/heat, but i really don't like this "minimal range". Even vanilla sniper rifle don't have this so why future weapons should have?

tristan1333

This is in my opinion, one of, if not THE most best presented mods on this site. It also has the bonus of being a quality mod which keeps in tone with the vanilla feel. Thank you for this mod.

rooki1

Long time no see guys. I've been quite busy lately so its really hard to back in the saddle.
Fortunately, it's possible to squeeze some time lately and I'm back in the work on Rimsenal. (To be honest, I almost forgot how XML works)

Anyway, here are some of my recent works. Now I'm working on more unified aesthetics for each companies. Lefts are newer version.