[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Dragoon

Quote from: Adamiks on June 11, 2015, 10:34:22 AM
Nice arts, but i have a stupid question - do this "Hildegarde" is a man or woman? :D

I'm guessing female since the other 2 have been female and she has a feminine look or feel to her (look at the stance).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hildegarde is definitely a feminine name, it's specifically Germanic in origin and means "Battle Enclosure" (fortress). It's actually the name of one of the Valkyries from Norse Paganism, appropriate given that the Jotunheim weapons are from a "Fortress World" and generally follow a Norse Mythology theme.

Awesome work as always, Rooki! Can't wait 'till the defense pack and Federation are A11 ready!

Sekmeth

I can't wait for the Federation and Defense Pack is done, keep up the great work :)

Bodog999

I love the Hildegarde storyteller, especially on Extreme difficulty

Adamiks

After you will make updates i would like to see balance update for core (weapons, apparel etc.), especially weapons, because i just don't feel that these weapons are so advanced like there is written in description. They are slightly better than vanilla (old in Rimworld) weapons, sometimes they even worse (in my opinion)!

For example well balanced weapons from rimfire are sometimes better than these "ultra advanced" weapons from your mod. You could make them more expensive/rare but better.

EDIT

I'm not the only one that think in that way:

Quote from: Adamiks on June 15, 2015, 05:56:25 AM
Quote from: Dragoon on June 14, 2015, 08:35:31 PM
I don't think Rookis gonna listen to what your saying :( I said (and noticed) the same things you are saying I personally never use any shard weapons . They do not have enough range or dmg to make em worth it really 16 range it really only useful against tribals (maybe those spears have some range to em). Optic weapons are...really just annoying with the screen shake and the fires they cause are a lot of times not worth it. If you catch the place on fire and are in a forest/jungle complex you burn away.

Yep. I needed to choose between Rimfire (with old weapons) and Rimsenal (with "super advanced" weapons), which is hilarious. I choosed Rimsenal only because i like armors in this mod (but still - i needed to balance them). If Rooki don't understand that these weapons are too weak then i will need make balance update by myself. But about shard weapons - i really like sniper rifle, because it deal 10x7 damage.

About armors - marksman armor is soo weak and don't have super bonuses, you get + to accuracy but also + to aiming. And reflex armor - you get speed but armor is very week and fragile. Dead people don't need speed. Also siege armor have too big - to speed. Dropsuit have +1 to speed so why siege armor have -2 to speed?

Because this most players don't even use marksan gear and reflex suit. If you're still playing on A10 i can send you my files from Rimsenal.

Straef

You just got me to register and post for the first time, this mod looks great! I can't wait to give it a go, and am looking forward to the compatibility patch for A11. Like others mentioned before, I'm a fan of mods that add new features/items, while still fitting into the whole vanilla experience, and this seems to do just that. Keep it up! :)

Eisenwulf

Could you please make a link to the Alpha 10-friendly versions?
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

Demonlord091

Would it be possible to upload this to somewhere other than Dropbox for those of us that don't have an account?

They seem to have more or less recently made it so that the site is useless without making an account with them, which not everyone wants/needs.

It's just a small request, understandable if you don't care for the idea.

MightyN0ob

Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 25, 2015, 10:15:28 PM
Would it be possible to upload this to somewhere other than Dropbox for those of us that don't have an account?

They seem to have more or less recently made it so that the site is useless without making an account with them, which not everyone wants/needs.

It's just a small request, understandable if you don't care for the idea.
You don't need an account to download it - When the option to login pops up, close it (Top Right of the login screen) and download.
I literally JUST tryed it

r4ky

can someone explain what thoses story teller does?

like Acciper send raider every week what are the speciallity of the two other ?

thanks

Orikoan

There seems to be a problem with the merchants.
I ordered some guns and sold some plasteel, but when the order came via drop pod i only received the silver.

Goldsmyths

Quote from: r4ky on June 27, 2015, 01:05:02 PM
can someone explain what thoses story teller does?

like Acciper send raider every week what are the speciallity of the two other ?

thanks

Based on experience.
Blue = weekly raids
Red = moar incidents / trolling
Yellow = RAIDERS what are you doing? RAIDERS! STHAP! Protip: Cremate or Flamethrower. Best storyteller for Blood Altar if it was still there.

Iwillbenicetou

Going to update Security mod and factions mod soon? Just wondering, since they look amazing :D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Moo

How do you deploy the instant sentry device? I have one but can't figure out how to set it up.