[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

rooki1

Status update.
Now I'm focused on organizing this mod more neat and clean, both of graphic and play experience.

SNKcell

Are all of this new weapons and armor new? or are you gonna replace old weapons? I kinda like all of them so I hope that you wont remove any of the old weapons, thanks for all the effort

«Temple»

My favorite armor is the peacebringer, I have the textures save so if they ever go away I'll still have them!!!

rooki1

Quote from: SNKcell on February 28, 2016, 03:56:26 PM
Are all of this new weapons and armor new? or are you gonna replace old weapons? I kinda like all of them so I hope that you wont remove any of the old weapons, thanks for all the effort

I'll replace old textures with these. However, old textures will be preserved in texture folder. You can overwrite New ones with them.

A Friend

Gorgeous. Although the Fed weapons look a tiny bit too sentient alien for me with those red eyes. But that's just me though.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Dragoon

The Bingju (is it 2 or 1 words?) looks awesome!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rooki1

Status update.
YP Janyeong(Shadow remain) drop suit and JI Bjorn(Bear) assault armor. They'll replace older sprites of each faction armors.

SNKcell

I have a quesiton, does the color of the armor change depending on the quality? sometimes the helmet and the armor from the same set are different in color

rooki1

Quote from: SNKcell on February 29, 2016, 06:52:32 PM
I have a quesiton, does the color of the armor change depending on the quality? sometimes the helmet and the armor from the same set are different in color

Nope. They have random color schemes.

w00d

Some feedback on the Federation

1. As a whole they are a real pain to deal with zero or little reward, their weapons are in theory powerful but ineffective in the gamestyle of Rimworld. Not being able to harvest their armour which is their most useful ability means you end up with literally hundreds of optic rifles and plasma casters which inevitably burn in a fire. also after 12-15 hours i notice i have not gotten a single excellent weapon or better weapon from them either, and this is with hundreds and hundreds of feds killed. The Plasma rifles are outranged by most commonly available weaponry and do not have a significant damage , dps or fire advantage. The Optic rifles have too slow of a draw time and are ineffective in the Rimworld style of several hundred pawns firing at you.
2.The Federator has an OP ability, one burst on a pawn will burn him, injure him and worst of all destroy his weapon. This is likely the most annoying thing where i scratch my head wondering where all my weapons are were and then realize the  Federator mechsuits were destroying a full hp weapon 100 in 1 burst. I was like err wtf? my pawn was minor injured being well geared but his weapon went from 100-0 and gone .. Is this intended?

Can you release a excel sheet with all weapons ? It would be helpful to be able to compare .

Thank you for the awesome mod.

rooki1

Quote from: w00d on March 01, 2016, 07:10:32 AM
Some feedback on the Federation

Well, when alpha 13 released, I'll reflect your suggestions. I have some ideas.

1. Concepts of Feds weapons will be changed, current long range slow firing weapons to continuous firing, shot ranged inaccurate weapons. They'll doesn't use burst fire mod anymore. Feds weapons will be firing single energy bolt with a short aiming time, just like the stormtrooper blaster. Although their weapons are not so accurate, it is easy to saturates a combat zone with unceasing blaster suppression.

2. In my opinion, spawning end tier armor is not good idea for game balance. Instead of that, I think about idea of spawning armor chunks or plasteel pile, or something can compensates for battle against the federation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Oh, and here is the new Feds riot gear.

Dragoon

If the Feds are gonna be short range with continuous fire what is going to happen to the Yunhwa's shard smg and duel wield shard pistols the Jotun's siege shotgun?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rooki1

Quote from: Dragoon on March 01, 2016, 12:06:14 PM
If the Feds are gonna be short range with continuous fire what is going to happen to the Yunhwa's shard smg and duel wield shard pistols the Jotun's siege shotgun?

Well, that is just an idea in this stage, not confirmed plan. Now I'm testing the various setting for next version.

rooki1

Status update. Tactical vest and tactical helmet, Exo-frame, Graydale's Laconian pioneer armor.

ThatSny

Here's a quick idea, y'know if you capture enough fed slave troopers and send them back then you become friends with them(the faction, same as just about every faction with humanoid units). If you then call for reinforcements from them they only end up sending slave troopers to help you, i'm thinking that(and i'm not sure if this is practical or even possible as i don't know the restrictions of unit spawning under those conditions) maybe you could mix in a few federation bion units with them.
It was a bit disappointing to see the best the federation that took down more than 20 of my colonies with giant mech suits could only send slave troopers to help me