[1.1] Rimsenal v1.5: beta edition

Started by rooki1, March 03, 2015, 11:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to see in the next update?

Improvised equipments pack: Homemade pistol, pipe shotgun, scrap armor... and glorious Thunderstick!
34 (20.5%)
Xeno beasts pack: Is there anyone want to see a genetically modified cyber-raptor?
68 (41%)
Celestial pack: New faction pack. Adds new xeno human faction, the celestials.
64 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Voting closed: September 02, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Reviire

Quote from: 123nick on August 08, 2016, 01:11:17 AM
Quote from: anakismail on August 06, 2016, 10:39:57 AM
hi. I have a little problem, the feral clan in my game is doing a siege but they just stay at the location and do nothing. What should i do? Here is the picture.

i had a VERY similar problem. i think it has to do with the barrage cannon- whenever the siegers place a blueprint to build a barrage cannon, it just doesn't work.

Quote from: rooki1 on August 07, 2016, 10:47:43 PM
v0.62 Updated
Feral:
- Siege bug fixed.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

str82azz

hmm..the files uploaded arent updated or am i wrong?
thx for the awesome mod anyways.. :)

fidelfc

Quote from: Reviire on August 07, 2016, 10:49:48 PM
Just to let people know, I'm still working on getting Rimsenal working with CR. Had a big bump though, which in hind-sight was incredibly simple, but Skyarkangel is a legend.

If anyone wants a super early version to test that'd be cool, I don't really know what numbers to put weapon accuracy at.

I'm in for it, i want to try Combat Realism but i've been holding off until this mod is updated.

Reviire

Quote from: fidelfc on August 09, 2016, 02:18:06 AM
Quote from: Reviire on August 07, 2016, 10:49:48 PM
Just to let people know, I'm still working on getting Rimsenal working with CR. Had a big bump though, which in hind-sight was incredibly simple, but Skyarkangel is a legend.

If anyone wants a super early version to test that'd be cool, I don't really know what numbers to put weapon accuracy at.

I'm in for it, i want to try Combat Realism but i've been holding off until this mod is updated.
I'll upload it soon, although i'm pretty sure Combat Realism is pretty broken right now so don't expect much from it.

http://puu.sh/qv5t5.rar Explosions are broke and so are some other things, I can't fix that. Otherwise, there'll be a few errors but you can ignore most of them. Most of the guns are there, all of them have identical accuracy for now. idk what numbers to give them. Going to bed now, tomorrow I'll be adding/fixing the Fed pawns, and adding the rest of their guns, and turrets.

I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Vek17

Are you working against CR 1.6.7.3? A lot of the really bad bugs have been fixed and explosions are functional now (though cause some slight lag)

Reviire

Quote from: Vek17 on August 09, 2016, 09:39:55 AM
Are you working against CR 1.6.7.3? A lot of the really bad bugs have been fixed and explosions are functional now (though cause some slight lag)
I hadn't realized it got updated again, thanks. Skyarkangel really needs to make his own thread for it. Question, if two xml files have the same name in two different mods, will one overwrite the other or will both be used?

Szara

Quote from: Reviire on August 09, 2016, 07:24:49 AM
I'll upload it soon, although i'm pretty sure Combat Realism is pretty broken right now so don't expect much from it.

http://puu.sh/qv5t5.rar Explosions are broke and so are some other things, I can't fix that. Otherwise, there'll be a few errors but you can ignore most of them. Most of the guns are there, all of them have identical accuracy for now. idk what numbers to give them. Going to bed now, tomorrow I'll be adding/fixing the Fed pawns, and adding the rest of their guns, and turrets.

Loading up this test version, Storyteller pack, and the CR Defense mod from here, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9759.msg247012#msg247012 , and a bunch of mods that should have nothing to do with turrets and so be irrelevant throws this error into the debug 'CR ammo injector found no recipe named MakeSentinel_Standard'.

Not sure what to make of it.

Loading up the above and the the Foundation/Tribal/Security packs, gives a bunch of critical texture errors about things in Things/A13/(name), then an infinite number of object reference errors... Based on the A13 there.. Well, that should be obvious that it won't be working. Guess I'll pull those three and see how the rest works.

Edit: Well that crashed on world generation. Also I'm a Muffalo I guess.
Edit the second: Removing Storyteller pack didn't help.
The third Editing, revenge of the editee: That file up there is the Rimsenal mod and CR together, right? Disabling CR Defense didn't work. Time to just nuke everything again..
Editin 4.0: CCL, the Rimsenal CR, and CCL tweaks give the same injection error and two others

Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named TableMedical. There are 1134 defs loaded.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.MHD_ThingComps.Inject (CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef.Inject (IInjector injector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.InjectionSubController.Inject (IInjector injector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.InjectionSubController.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.Controller.MainMonoBehaviour.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And this is the point where it's beyond me... Unless.. Ok, no, I got it wrong what that file was, that's not Rimsenal Core and CR, it's just a Rimsenal friendly CR? Anyway once I got Rimsenal Core the injector error died, but those other two up there persist, that's with Rimsenal core and all the packs except hair, Rimsenal CR, and the CR Def linked above... Loading Rimsenal core before Rimsenal CR also gets the infinite number of exceptions. Oi vey.

Alright, it doesn't seem to want to work in any configuration for me, either I get the injector error or the infinite exceptions or when I restart it clears the mods because the game was freaking out.

Core, CCL, Rim-C, Rim-CR gets the injector error.
Core, CCL, Rim-CR, Rim-C gets the infinite exceptions error.

Alright, looks like there won't be an Edit, 5th edition, because I'm done trying to troubleshoot that now.

Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Reviire

Nevermind, but I think i've fixed the issues. I uploaded the file earlier in the middle of a bunch of stuff being done, since I was tired and went to bed.
Also I probably should've cleared up, the file from earlier is Rimsenal and Combat Realism, all together. It's a mess right now since I'm just getting it to work. You were probably getting the exceptions because of this.
I need help with something though, whenever the Federation faction arrives by drop pod I get a "Valid region out of bounds error", i have no idea how to fix it, or how to disable them arriving by drop pod. I think this might be an issue with CR, I might've just broken something.

This is literally the first time I've ever done xml stuff, so I'm just learning as I go.

Here, this is less broken and should be playable, tell me if anything breaks. Otherwise, weapons are still unbalanced and most have identical accuracy. Other than telling me about things that break, balancing changes would be nice to hear. Especially from Rooki.

Your mod order should look like this http://puu.sh/qw3iO.jpg
I disabled drop pods because I have no fucking idea why they break things.

All the errors that happen on launch, I know about them just don't have time to fix them. Balancing still doesn't exist, identical accuracy etc.

Szara

Actually I think something was wrong with my CCL somehow because I ended up getting those two errors about the table and the whatever with only CCL and the tweaks loaded, which was probably my bad because I tweaked.. Actually yes, damnit I forgot I tweaked the CCL tweaks so that the medical table from expanded medicine (I think) was included in the tables that used no power when not in use. WHOOPS.

Will test with these new files! The out of bounds almost sounds like the pods are trying to land off the map to me.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Reviire

You would think, but happens when they're clearly landing in the middle of the map. I'm on my phone right now so responses might be delayed

Szara

Hmm, with the current version and a few other mods when a trader/trade caravan comes around I get an error about hyperweave, medicine, gliter medicine and a few things not being stockable. Last time I saw that it was also with silver and a few other items which made all of them untradeable, and that was fixed by putting CR at the top of the load list just below CCL, but that isn't working this time.

After a fair bit of reloading with different mod sets I've isolated the problem to the Medical Complication mod pack by Aristocat which combines and tweaks DESurgeries, A Dog Said, and EPOE and Emergency Treatment.

Edit: Ah ha! Well, sort of. Loading the Medical Complication mods before the CR Rimsenal seems to fix that. Alrighty, back to testing Rimsenal instead of compatibility!

Reviire

It has turrets and stuff, tell me if anything breaks severely. http://puu.sh/qxsCd.rar Everything should be working more or less though. Federation bions are currently extremely squishy, waiting for Rooki to say something about that though. Same with balance.

Your mod order should look like this. https://puu.sh/qw3iO.jpg

I have no idea what I'm doing, I have literally never touched xml before this, but it works so yay?

Szara

I'm getting hit with insane amounts of lag, partial hangs, when events are firing, would you say that the storyteller pack wouldn't be A14 compatible yet? I'm not getting anything in the ingame debug log for for it though. On the other hand it could also be one of the other mods I have running being a conflict with something Rimsenal, since I'm not running anything else that I haven't used before. Whatever though, these other mods are becoming a liability, I'll just test the release alone for now... And maybe the storyteller pack.

Dragontamer

Hey I'd love to see a fully fledged and functional version of Rimsenal that works with Combat Realism.

I grabbed that mod Reviire posted and I've been playing it. It's very enjoyable but the accuracy on some of the weapons is just... it needs work. I have a character with 15 shooting using a Crucible Precision Rifle and she can not hit the broad side of a poison ship from 5 tiles away - she literally shot herself after about 59 attempts. As a matter of fact, I've never seen her or the federation pawns that use that rifle hit ANYTHING. It's laughable at the moment, it makes a nice explosion and sounds awesome but it is just so... inaccurate. Some of the shard based weapons have the same problem but the fire rate is much faster so, eventually, one of those shots hits something. I know you mentioned that you didn't know how to balance accuracy properly, but it seems that accuracy needs serious work right now. Still love it though.

I like that you're working on making rimsenal work with combat realism though, please do keep that up. I'll post more issues I find as I find them.

Reviire

Quote from: Dragontamer on August 14, 2016, 12:45:41 AM
Hey I'd love to see a fully fledged and functional version of Rimsenal that works with Combat Realism.

I grabbed that mod Reviire posted and I've been playing it. It's very enjoyable but the accuracy on some of the weapons is just... it needs work. I have a character with 15 shooting using a Crucible Precision Rifle and she can not hit the broad side of a poison ship from 5 tiles away - she literally shot herself after about 59 attempts. As a matter of fact, I've never seen her or the federation pawns that use that rifle hit ANYTHING. It's laughable at the moment, it makes a nice explosion and sounds awesome but it is just so... inaccurate. Some of the shard based weapons have the same problem but the fire rate is much faster so, eventually, one of those shots hits something. I know you mentioned that you didn't know how to balance accuracy properly, but it seems that accuracy needs serious work right now. Still love it though.

I like that you're working on making rimsenal work with combat realism though, please do keep that up. I'll post more issues I find as I find them.
Well, I haven't actually touched weapon accuracy yet. All weapons currently have identical accuracy. But input from people helps. Although for future reference, I'd like input on both their automatic fire accuracy, and their single fire accuracy. Automatic fire is subject to recoil, which has it's own value. So, I can both increase their general accuracy, and I can also decrease their recoil.

Thanks for your input anyhow! I'll probably re-upload the mod later tonight. EDIT: I said that, but I didn't do much. Ferals are partly done though.

Another edit: Are you sure it was the precision rifle? I just looked, the intercessor has better stats than the standard sniper rifle. Bions have the same aim stats as Mechanoids. More feedback would be appreciated.