[A12d] [MODLIST] Latta's small mods : NCP 10b

Started by Latta, March 04, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Shoes

Quote from: Latta on March 14, 2015, 10:59:16 PM
Are you saying that you can't see bill to replace pelvis of prisoner patients?

That's what I was saying. Turns out I had my stupid hat on; the pawn I was testing with was a Norbal and I already knew Norbals use a different base race and so need patches to work with things like surgery mods... So never mind, all is well.  :-[

Pink Photon

Not only does FixBone allow you to replace shattered bones, it also allows you to replace missing bones. So after my surgeon removed the right humerus while attaching a prosthetic leg, I could fix it with a new humerus. And after the surgeon removed the right humerus in the process of installing the left humerus, I could fix that with a second artificial humerus. And then I was able to replace the left clavicle that was removed while replacing the second humerus.

Latta

Just added a new mod: Brighten. It will make your pawns vulnerable to darkness with stat penalties. Now try to build some lamps; they are essential, not esthetic.

Oh, and more words: Raiders will suffer, too. Should I exclude them?

Ykara

Quote from: Latta on March 25, 2015, 11:50:39 AM
Just added a new mod: Brighten. It will make your pawns vulnerable to darkness with stat penalties. Now try to build some lamps; they are essential, not esthetic.

Nice idea, I'm gonna give it a try! But aren't there already some debuffs if it's dark?

Grogfeld

"No one can work in a place full of darkness. One that works in a place like those will get penalties at manipulation, moving and a small mood debuff. As its vision goes down, hearing will go slightly up.
It will get a bonus instead when working at a place of brightly lighted, which are manipulation and moving with a small mood bonus."

You... aaahmm... it's.... and...

<takes a deep breath>

I bow to You and wish You more brilliant ideas.

UMK

Latta

Quote from: Ykara on March 25, 2015, 01:25:44 PM
Quote from: Latta on March 25, 2015, 11:50:39 AM

Nice idea, I'm gonna give it a try! But aren't there already some debuffs if it's dark?
For the mood debuff I added, it's just -1 ! So no worry.
For the vanilla debuff, there's no penalty More than -3 mood when they are in darkness for a long time.

Quote from: UMK on March 25, 2015, 07:29:05 PM
Bionic eyes could give resist to dark environment because vision is augmented
Good point, thank you. But wouldn't it make those too powerful? With Ykara's mod they are really expensive so its okay but for vanilla...

Master Bucketsmith

So if people are mining, they're fucked? Do you have to waste resources to keep building new lamps the deeper they go?

Latta

Quote from: Bucketsmith on March 26, 2015, 12:31:58 PM
So if people are mining, they're fucked? Do you have to waste resources to keep building new lamps the deeper they go?

First, unless you are in a open pit mine, you are screwed without any light. Find someone who can make a torch or something if you'd like to, but why is it considered waste?
Second, use Rikiki's Mining helmet if you are desperate enough while using Brighten. Or maybe, I'll make bionic eyes immune sometime later, as UMK said.

A note: I prefer not to see F-words. :-\ Please understand me.

UMK

Quote from: Bucketsmith on March 26, 2015, 12:31:58 PM
Or install cute mod for mining hat. And also, poor colonists are mining with own fists a la minecraft. So they are fragged already.
This mod brings sense and creates interesting mechanic. I used to make my fortifications unlit to reduce chance of turrets and defenders being hit, but making approach lit with outside lamps and flares. Now you have to trade accuracy for defence and this tactic is not so viable (at least for defenders, turrets are fine I guess).
Vanilla bionic eyes are so rare, and vanilla colonists are so fragile (I mean you are very likely to lose fully upgraded coloist), making them immune is not a big imbalance. In addition, having bionic sniper lurking in shadows and taking enemies one by one is as fun as hell (but only in case if raids are rare).

Latta

As Soiling Hard's download count was extremely low (about 1/10) I decided to remove much of it!

Updated to 11.
Removed trash system.
Removed fertilizer and related things.
Fertil. art.soil requires 3 boxes of art.soil in order to build, instead of 3 boxes of art.soil and 1 fertil.
Art.soil requires 1 box of art.soil now, down from 3.
Soil synthesizer can produce 1 box of art.soil from one rock chunk instead of 2.

Master Bucketsmith

I consider it a waste because you do not get all materials back from building lamps? Or is this different from other objects you can build?
I don't care for fake realism if it is breaking the spirit of the game, to my taste. (I say fake, a realistic game would have to be realistic from its core, something mods could not completely achieve for most games.)
No sense in providing penalties for something if you do not balance it with investments to counter it. :)

To add; what would be realistic is that as long as there is the slightest source of light, human eyes will adapt. So then the darkness debuff should go away in an hour tops, for both colonists and the player. If you want to go with a realistic approach. A proper balance based on real world data, I'd say.

Latta

Deconstruct them as necessary. For the adaptation part: Is on the to-do list. It's not so hard to do(IMO), I already have some sketch, but not sure to do it actually, maybe just tone down the penalty. I'll wait for more feedback and opinions.

The penalty shouldn't wear off; you can't work in a dark room with same efficiency as a lit room. It might become weaker though.

Also, I'm not working for REALism. Find it on other mods. I made this because players usually ignore darkness (even myself sometimes), and to provide some additional game play mechanic. It can also work as a disadvantage for mountain bases with long and big killbox.

Speaking of mountain bases, I always thought that it might be good to have sunlight reflector that can't be built on overhead mountain.

Latta

Shooter's Shields / Extended shield definition just updated to 12. I wonder if anyone is using this as a modder?

Anyway, added new tag: <ticksToReset>(Integer)</ticksToReset>
It defines how much time it will need to reset after the shield is broken. Two example shields have twice faster reset speed than vanilla one. If you think it's too much, delete the tag to go default, or modify it. Also, they are now worn on right fist's shell layer, instead of torso so you can wear a Tech shield along with a armored vest.

Unfortunately, Fortifier shield is no longer present as it makes maintaining too bothering.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Latta on March 28, 2015, 03:37:06 AM
Deconstruct them as necessary. For the adaptation part: Is on the to-do list. It's not so hard to do(IMO), I already have some sketch, but not sure to do it actually, maybe just tone down the penalty. I'll wait for more feedback and opinions.

The penalty shouldn't wear off; you can't work in a dark room with same efficiency as a lit room. It might become weaker though.

Also, I'm not working for REALism. Find it on other mods. I made this because players usually ignore darkness (even myself sometimes), and to provide some additional game play mechanic. It can also work as a disadvantage for mountain bases with long and big killbox.

Speaking of mountain bases, I always thought that it might be good to have sunlight reflector that can't be built on overhead mountain.

I don't want realism in this game, either. I don't believe the base game has enough fundamentals to cover a realistic approach.

Perhaps I should have been more specific; closed off rooms with no light source should stay dark, but if there is a light source down the hall, or an opening towards the outside, there should be enough light coming through to let your eyes adapt. Depending on moon phase and weather, even night time should have plenty of light to adapt to. Just not when going in and out of lighted areas.

That's my take on it.