[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severik

hiho, i realy like these mods but there is 1 little thing that it lacks in my opinion, a possibility to turn Relays "oneway"..... i had the idea to put 2 of them right next to my main entrance (something about 50 squares from the next storage room) and let the ppl who are outside put their ressources, hunted Animals etc. there... works fine with the Ressources but since Animal Corpses, food etc need cooling in the warmer Terrain, i have to build a room and coolers around the Relay for this..... i think thats kinda overdoing it since  it should be possible to set the Relay in sending, receiving or both modes to controll if it actually contains anything from there Warehouse its conected to.

so, is there any possibility to add this?

regards

Severik

Quote from: Canute on April 17, 2016, 04:25:37 PM
The  relay only can hold 4 (2x2 relay) or 1 (small) item anyway. You can control what sort of item recieve the item, just excluce all other things. But create a stockpile with the same priority and item seting right before the relay.
You pawns will drop the stuff at these stockpile and the relay teleport it to the warehouse.
When you want different item next to place more 1x1 relays.
But in your case you need relays with integrated cooling ! :-)

ah i thought the relay does only accept the items that are listed..... so i thought the relay and the storagezone around it need to have the same setting....but if i just have to block all items and its in "sending only mode" the Problem is solved^^

Astasia

Noticing an issue with the stockpiles getting some really huge stack limits, seen up to 22 stack limit on the normal stockpile and 300 chunk storage on the silos. I'm not sure what triggers the increase, it just seems to grow as I play, possibly triggered by doing other research? Once you reload the game it goes back down to normal limits, I think chunks over the limit are deleted, but the stockpiles with 20+ stacks on them seem to be fine even when the limit is back down to 5 or whatever.

Ratys

Quote from: Astasia on April 19, 2016, 08:22:34 AM
Noticing an issue with the stockpiles getting some really huge stack limits, seen up to 22 stack limit on the normal stockpile and 300 chunk storage on the silos. I'm not sure what triggers the increase, it just seems to grow as I play, possibly triggered by doing other research? Once you reload the game it goes back down to normal limits, I think chunks over the limit are deleted, but the stockpiles with 20+ stacks on them seem to be fine even when the limit is back down to 5 or whatever.

Oh my. I know exactly why it's happening; and I was so pleased when I rewrote that bit into what it is right now.

I'm in the middle of migrating my mods to a new, less fussy release scheme, plus applying some fixes (including this one, now). Hopefully will be done in a few days. Sadly, these re-releases won't be compatible with their previous incarnations - unless one's willing to do some save editing, of course.

Severik

is there any way to fix that the relays sometimes disconnect from the Warehouses after loading? its kinda annoying to link over 3 dozen relays everytime i load a savegame

Ratys

Quote from: Severik on April 19, 2016, 11:20:15 AM
is there any way to fix that the relays sometimes disconnect from the Warehouses after loading? its kinda annoying to link over 3 dozen relays everytime i load a savegame

Odd, there's already special code that handles any instance where that might happen. I'll look into it again, then, because it shouldn't be happening.

Azhais

Quote from: Ratys on April 19, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: Severik on April 19, 2016, 11:20:15 AM

Odd, there's already special code that handles any instance where that might happen. I'll look into it again, then, because it shouldn't be happening.

I have two relays, one breaks every load, one doesn't.  The only difference between the two is the breaking one was linked (and continues to be re-linked) to a warehouse that I uninstalled/reinstalled because my whole quantum relay stack was off by a tile and the non optimal layout annoyed me.

In the offchance that "The warehouse was moved one time" is a useful debugging datapoint.

carpediembr

Sorry for my bad english text comprehension, I really tried, but I cannot distinguish the difference between the 4 types:

* Silo
* Relay
* Stockpile
* Warehouse

I've built them all around my base and they definetly stack the items as I assumed they would. But I have gone thru half of the pages of this thread trying to figure what each did differently.

Could someone ELI5 ?

Severik

the Silo stores only chunks (sandstone chunks and so on) and no other items

the relay is a kind of teleportation device, it teleports everything thats on it to the warehouse its connectet to.

the Stockpiles are the main Storageunit and can hold every item that is allowed for the Surrounding storagezone

the Warehouse is the "router" for everything, it connects all the stoiles/Silos in one storagezone and makes them more efficint (spliiting stacks over different stockpiles and combining stacks etc.) and it also is the "Accespoint" for the Relays where they transport items to when connected, the items then get stored on a connected Stockpile just like everything thats brouht to the storagezone by pawns

Ratys

Quote from: carpediembr on April 20, 2016, 05:56:58 PM
Sorry for my bad english text comprehension, I really tried, but I cannot distinguish the difference between the 4 types:

* Silo
* Relay
* Stockpile
* Warehouse

I've built them all around my base and they definetly stack the items as I assumed they would. But I have gone thru half of the pages of this thread trying to figure what each did differently.

Could someone ELI5 ?

One of the things in the update I'm working on is better in-game explanations (that'll be found in relevant research descriptions, because RimWorld can only display so much text in that little window reserved for building descriptions, for shame); should hopefully make it thorugh the tests within a few hours.

Meanwhile:

• Stockpiles go in a stockpile zone and pull items from adjacent spaces onto itself, storing up to 4 (8 with research) item stacks per space.
  • Silos do exactly the same thing with chunks (rocks and slag), but, since the game doesn't like having several chunks in a single space, most of them end up in internal storage of the silo, and are put on silo's spaces whenever there's a free spot.
  • Warehouses network stockpiles and silos within the zone they're installed at, making them act as one big combined stockpile and silo. They themselves also act as either a stockpile or a silo, you can toggle it with one of the buttons when inspecting a warehouse.
  • Relays can be placed anywhere on the map and can wirelessly connect to a warehouse, send items from spaces adjacent to themselves to that warehouse, and pull items from that warehouse onto themselves. Items are sent if they're on a stockpile zone or in a storage building with storage priority lower or equal to that of the warehouse's zone, and if the warehouse's zone can accept them. Items are received if relay's own filter allows them, and the relay has equal or greater priority than the waherouse's zone.

Bear in mind that this next update will extend that switching behavior of the warehouse to stockpiles as well, so chunk silo will cease to be a separate building; instead you'd just need to build stockpiles and then switch them to chunk storage mode, or back again as needed.

Arigas

Not sure if this has been mentioned, however, if you move the Magnetic shield during a solar flare, it returns the power consumption to 50W instead of the unholy amount that it is supposed to draw :P

Ratys

Quote from: Arigas on April 20, 2016, 07:27:39 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, however, if you move the Magnetic shield during a solar flare, it returns the power consumption to 50W instead of the unholy amount that it is supposed to draw :P

And leaves your colony unprotected, because it can't turn back on during a solar flare. At least, that's the design, if protection still applies then it's a bug!..

... which is likely already fixed. As part of that fabled "new release scheme" I rewrote solar flare protection, should be much more stable now.

Arigas

When I have my slaves reinstall it elsewhere, my colony remains protected during the solar flare

Nanao-kun

The Quantum chunk silos upgrade 4 doesn't have the upgrade 3 prerequisite.