Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 25, 2017, 12:57:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: [A17/A16] RT Mods - updates are happening! (26.06.17)  (Read 244924 times)

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
[A17/A16] RT Mods - updates are happening! (26.06.17)
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM »

RT Mods

RT Quantum Storage [A16]
Adds new upgradeable storage solutions based around the concept of "quantum stockpiles"; those of you familiar with Dwarf Fortress likely already know what it does.

Features:
  • Quantum stockpile: placed in stockpile zones, draws items (or chunks, if researched) from adjacent spaces onto itself, storing more than one stack of items in a given space.
  • Quantum warehouse: placed in stockpile zones, networks all of the zone's quantum storage devices to act as one; also acts like a quantum stockpile.
  • Quantum relay: free-standing structure, connects to any quantum warehouse anywhere in the colony to transfer items and chunks to and from said warehouse.
  • Detailed explanation of exact mechanics can be found in the research project descriptions.
Download: RT Quantum Storage A16-1.0.8, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

RT Fuse [A17]
Adds fuses: they will help diminish or completely negate any explosions due to random short circuits when placed anywhere on a power network with batteries. Also, changes how short circuit event works: it will now consider all batteries, not just vanilla ones.

Features:
  • Makeshift fuse: small and cheap, can be researched early on. Will safely dissipate up to 3000 Wd (that's 3 standard batteries) of electrical discharge, but will need to be repaired with a component afterwards.
  • Circuit breaker: a more advanced solution, dissipates up to 3000 Wd and will only need to be manually reset afterwards (colonists with switch-flicking jobs enabled will do that on their own).
Download: RT Fuse A17-1.0.7, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

RT Solar Flare Shield [A17]
Adds a magnetic shield to prevent solar flares from affecting colony electronics.
Warning: potentially incompatible with mods affecting how solar flare incident works, not including mods simply adjusting it's frequency via the defs.

Features:
  • Magnetic shield: an expensive device, draws little power when idle and spikes to whooping 25kW during flares; shields the entire colony, and heats up considerably in when in operation.
Download: RT Solar Flare Shield A17-1.2.1, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

RT Power Switch [A17]
Adds a research that will upgrade power switches with power-reserving functionality.
Compatibility warning: compatible with Haplo's PowerSwitch only if RT Power Switch is loaded before Haplo's; even then, enabling features of both mods at the same switch will lead to weird behavior!

Features:
  • "Emergency power" mode: when enabled, power switch will automatically turn on if an adjacent energy network is about to lose power, and turn off once the network's batteries are all fully charged.
Download: RT Power Switch A17-1.0.7, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

How to install
  • Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
  • Activate in the mod menu in the game.

Note on modpacks
Consider this note my explicit permission to include any of my mods to non-commercially distributed packs, and to modify whatever files you may need to. As long as proper attribution is maintained, of course.
Also, it would be courteous if you notified me and other players of such an inclusion via this thread, however that's entirely up to you.
I will not provide technical support to packs, unless it strikes my fancy, but if there's a variable in my mod that should be exposed to configs yet for some reason isn't - it's entirely possible to convince me to fix that.

Changelog

Fox

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] (Alpha 9) RT Mods - behold the quantum stockpile! (08.03.15)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:49:24 AM »

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=13.0

It IS functional in the state it's right now. That notice is there to explain my versioning, and will go away after today's update.

skullywag

• Global Moderator
  • Transcendent
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:24:18 AM »

Do items still register as available to colonists when in the stockpile? is it literally stacking on top of each other in a cell?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 04:25:28 AM »

Do items still register as available to colonists when in the stockpile? is it literally stacking on top of each other in a cell?

Correct! They even show up in that resource side bar.

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] (Alpha 9) RT Mods - quantum storage! (10.03.15)
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:51:12 AM »

Well, that took longer than expected. Worth it, though - a complete rewrite to make my life easier, and a new goodie to boot. Tested thoroughly, but who knows if any bug crept in, so please report any.

Canute

• Planetologist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »

Just the core ?

A question to the gather mechanic of the storage ?
Does the pad gather all the items next to it, or only these items are for the stockpile the pad stands on it ?

Maybe another research step for more stacks ? :-)
At moment are 8 stack, thats 600 standard items for one field.

And a 1x1 pad please.
Maybe a 2x1 solar powered outdoor pad. 1 field for solar panel, 1 for storage.

Errr i didn't got a solar flare since i used these so far.
What happen on a solar flare, does you got a Quantum bomb, since so many items share the same physical space  or does the items spread out around the pad ? :-)

millenium

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 11:11:04 AM »

like this more compact storage is always welcome.

can we get the option to turn off the field display. the little white marks create some lag if there are too many points close to each other.

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »

Just the core ?

A question to the gather mechanic of the storage ?
Does the pad gather all the items next to it, or only these items are for the stockpile the pad stands on it ?

Maybe another research step for more stacks ? :-)
At moment are 8 stack, thats 600 standard items for one field.

And a 1x1 pad please.
Maybe a 2x1 solar powered outdoor pad. 1 field for solar panel, 1 for storage.

Errr i didn't got a solar flare since i used these so far.
What happen on a solar flare, does you got a Quantum bomb, since so many items share the same physical space  or does the items spread out around the pad ? :-)

The core doesn't do anything by itself. It's a separate "mod" because other mods I plan to make are going to use things I already made, and I'd rather not make several libraries with redundant functionality, so I chuck most of the stuff into core.

Quantum stockpile checks if the item is wanted by the stockpile first. It doesn't care about items being forbidden, but it will unforbid them if they get stored.

Done, coming next update.

Small pads are done, coming next update. Solar pad... I have an idea where to fit it, but I'm not yet sure if it's possible; but I'll look into it.

Stored items are stable, nothing extraordinary should happen if stockpiles/warehouses lose power or get screwed by a solar flare.

like this more compact storage is always welcome.

can we get the option to turn off the field display. the little white marks create some lag if there are too many points close to each other.

Glad people are enjoying this :)

Sure, a toggle for sparkles is a good idea, I'm looking into it right now. Also, if it lags completely unbearably you could open up the defs and change tickerType from Normal to Rare. That's how I originally was envisioning them, actually, but after a series of stress tests I decided they're just fine running at 250x the speed.

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:09:32 PM »

10.03.15 CHANGELOG:

RT Core:
  • v2.0.0 -> v2.1.0
  • Added toggle buttons to activity indicators (sparkles)

RT Storage:
  • v1.0.0 -> v1.1.0
  • Added 1x1 stockpiles and warehouses, unlocked after relevant "miniaturization" research.
  • Added more tiers to stockpile capacity research: now 4 tiers, adding 1 stack each, costing 2000 research each.

Nebbeh

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »

Getting some errors with this mod.

Big picture is in the main menu. Before I even create a game.

Small picture is ingame, trying to make the storage box

[attachment deleted due to age]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:05:28 PM by Nebbeh »

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »

This is happening either because the RT Core is not installed or because it loads after RT Storage, which is... abnormal. If you use EdB Mod Order then just swap their spots in the list.

skullywag

• Global Moderator
  • Transcendent
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 04:40:31 AM »

Hmm this takes advantage of the stockpiles ability that stops pawns hauling stuff if its been dropped on another stack within the stockpile. I was hoping to leveredge some of this for my storage mod but it can only work on stockpilees it seems, unless i place an invisible stockpile....

Also how will this handle clothes...im guessing that making a pawn wear a certain shirt in a pile of shirts will be annoying as hell?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nebbeh

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 07:11:33 AM »

This is happening either because the RT Core is not installed or because it loads after RT Storage, which is... abnormal. If you use EdB Mod Order then just swap their spots in the list.

Thanks, worked out. Using the RW launcher so swapped the orders of Core and Storage there. No errors now :)

Ratys

• Colonist
  • Things made of Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »

Hmm this takes advantage of the stockpiles ability that stops pawns hauling stuff if its been dropped on another stack within the stockpile. I was hoping to leveredge some of this for my storage mod but it can only work on stockpilees it seems, unless i place an invisible stockpile....

Also how will this handle clothes...im guessing that making a pawn wear a certain shirt in a pile of shirts will be annoying as hell?

Building_Storage works too. I haven't tested it recently, but my code is generalized (there's an Accepts(this IntVec3 cell, Thing thing) funciton that figures out filters for both Zone_Stockpile and Building_Storage; I should probably just make it look for SlotGroupParent), so CompRTQuantumStockpile could work just fine in say a hopper.

And yeah, equipment is... less than ideal. I was sure that the game was smart about it and showed that drop-down menu for everything on the cell, and when I discovered it wasn't it was too late.

Thanks, worked out. Using the RW launcher so swapped the orders of Core and Storage there. No errors now :)

Cool :)  Feel free to leave feedback and/or feature requests after you try it out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27