[1.5] RT Mods - expansion o'clock again (2024-04-20)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Rock5 on March 16, 2015, 02:08:17 PM
Can't you roof your stockpiles now?

I saw Tynan say "don't know where" that since alpha 9, yes, we can roof our stockpiles because of the deterioration of object.

Montanio

Quote from: Ratys on March 15, 2015, 09:11:41 PM

I have thought about linking stacks, yes, but going that way I'd have to break my way of avoiding the "colonist abstracted resource availability" problem, or solve it, which I'm not really up to.

So the plan is to indeed have a kind of remote client for quantum warehouses - a kind of all-purpose single-stack storage building that, when it's filter is set to accept an item, will have said item pulled onto it from the linked quantum warehouse. Not yet certain on the details or how putting items back would work exactly (probably there will be a toggle button to switch between input/output).

As for chunk storage - yes, definitely, although not in the same way as quanutm stockpiles: the game logs an error if it finds several chunks in a single cell while saving. It's not something I think is possible to fix from a modder's end.

Hm... Maybe the remote client can be set up to only pull say, up to 4 resources (detected via storage zone, if >4 randomly replicates 4), and that each resource must be >1 at the warehouse unit? This will avoid some of the... replication of stacks issues maybe? Say, I have 1000 metal, the client zone will stack 4x stacks of metal that is directly deducted from the warehouse. Then as you pull more out, it'll grab more until you shut the link down/deconstruct it. If you need more than 4 types of resources, then build more client stacks, assuming you are keeping to your original 2X2 design. Just some random ideas that I feel like will help enhance building/mining in large maps. I'm eager to see what you come up with!

As for chunks, yeah, as long as there is some sort of "space compression" going on, I'm all in for it. At the moment the only way to really solve it is to turn them all into bricks as soon as possible and then storing them with your quantum units which means I have to dedicate crafters to them constantly as I dig.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

RemingtonRyder

I haven't been able to get fuses to work, unfortunately. Tested it out with the debug menu too. Thought it might be a mod conflict but I just tested it out with a vanilla setup (aside from RT Core and RT Fusebox of course).

Actually, never mind, I think I have the original 1.0.0 version. Tried 1.0.1 and still no change.

Ratys

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 21, 2015, 09:03:04 AM
I haven't been able to get fuses to work, unfortunately. Tested it out with the debug menu too. Thought it might be a mod conflict but I just tested it out with a vanilla setup (aside from RT Core and RT Fusebox of course).

Fuses NEED that "basic fuses" research to complete: it fires a ResearchModSpecial that replaces the IncidentWorker for short ciruits with my custom one. Other than that I'm not quite sure why wouldn't they work... Unless you're expecting them to do something they weren't intended to of course :)

RemingtonRyder

Right. I tested it out a bit more and it does work. Thanks for the help. :)

daft73

Quote from: MarvinKosh on March 21, 2015, 09:19:10 AM
Right. I tested it out a bit more and it does work. Thanks for the help. :)
Ummmm yes, research, of coarse it is research.  ;D

This is on my Saturday mods list, will report anomalies, bugs, dirty laundry.

Master Bucketsmith

PLEASE upload to another source. The entire aws.amazon thing is blocked by Comodo and I'm unable to circumvent it.

LInfo

Please add russian-translate text in this mod.
Translate mods:
RT Core
RT Fusebox
RT Storage

Ratys

Quote from: LInfo on March 23, 2015, 02:48:58 AM
Please add russian-translate text in this mod.
Translate mods:
...(links)...

Хм. Не очень перевод, скажу честно, очень на машинный похож :Р  Подправлю, добавлю. Через час где-то выложу, заодно и новый мод; он пока без переводов будет, сам я не очень соображаю как это по-русски сказать чтобы глаза не болели. Буду ждать советов.

I'll be honest, not the best translation, feels like it's machine-generated :P  I'll fix it up and add it though. ETA one hour, along with a new mod; it'll be without a translation yet, because I don't have a good idea of how to write it's text in Russian without it causing physical pain to the reader. Advice welcome.

EDIT:

А, и включать весь мод в загрузку перевода - моветон. Не говоря уже о слегка битых ссылках (скачать-то я сумел в итоге).

Oh and including the entire mod in the translation download is bad form. As are broken links (which I managed to fix in order to download).

Ratys

24.03.15 CHANGELOG:

• Released RT Neuromancy!
  • RT Storage: added Korean and Russian translations, integrated RT Core - it is no longer required, and will be retired.

When updating, don't simply overwrite, delete & copy new. And do delete RT Core, as it is useless now (and might cause conflicts).

LInfo

EN: russian translate for new mod RT Neuromancy
All translate not a machine. But maube not good.
I hope you liked this translate.

RU: перевод для RT Neuromancy (как это слово-то переводится?)
Весь перевод делался не машиной, а мной, а-то коряво, так это вина моя, иногда не состыковка происходит.
Я надеюсь перевод последнего мода понравится.

[attachment deleted due to age]

LInfo

EN: why not added translate russian in RT Fusebox. Not good? Adding refresh translate of this mod.
RU: почему не добавили русский перевод в мод RT Fusebox. Чем-то он плох? Добавил обновленный перевод для этого мода.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

About Counseling,
1. patients on medical/hospital bed's they are marked for counseling allways get visit by a counselor even when they are "in shock" or "unconsious".

2. pawn's at low mood from hungry/tired go first to a counselor instead to take care about their primary need food/sleep.

Ninefinger

Would it be possible for you to make an alternate version of the fuse mod to make it so that when the power circuit overloads you only lose half of your current stored power? If so that would make this mod perfect imo. Or if you could make a mod that for eg, if you only charge your batteries to say 80% they should not overload till they break the overload threshold of say 85%, but since i love the fuse idea so much the first option would be so much appreciated. :)

Killaim

Shrink : "so...cannibal...how does that make you feel"

Patient : "hungry..."

Shrink : "can you see how it might be bad ?"

Patient : "...well...its good in a pinch ? and with a pinch of salt?"

Shrink : "indeed...."

-----

Shrink : "so..you dont wanna haul stuff"

Patient : "No...YOU WANNA MAKE ME HAUL STUFF I CAN TELL! "

Shrink : "well..do you have a valid reason for you to not want to haul stuff?"

Patient : "....Its heavy!... Its dumb! dumb people haul things!"

Shrink : "...ok..now...when you go hunting...and you shoot something...what do you do with it afterwards"

Patient : "...oh i haul it back to ba......*gasp*....but...no...i... *Cries uncontrollably*

Shrink : "..i think we had a big breakthrough today"

*No Haul trait removed from patient*
-------

This - we need this badly ! :D treat mental traits  (yes no haul is a mental trait! no other reason !!")

but also other traits like Abusive - or neurotic etc - like smack a big work time on how long it takes to remove.