[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arigas

Just a minor bug, I deconstructed my magnetic shield, and my next solar flare had no effect on me. Still came up as "Shielded". Loading the save file fixes it.

hoochy

Another bug found. The quantum warehouse said it was connected to over 8350 quantum stockpiles when I only have 88 in that stockpile. I tried to deactive the warehouse and the game got incredibly slow, I restarted the game completely and it seems to have fixed it once I deactivated and reactivated. The whole game is running so much smoother now it is crazy, must be some bug in the quantum stuff lagging the game.

I just noticed the source is in the folder so I may look into a couple of these bugs myself.

Ratys

29.04.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Solar Flare Shield: fixed shield deconstruction resulting in eternal freebie protection.

Quote from: hoochy on April 29, 2016, 12:16:23 AM
I just noticed the source is in the folder so I may look into a couple of these bugs myself.

I guess "source" links right next to "download" links are too subtle.

Thanks for these reports though, I'll take look at all this trouble with RT Quantum Storage soon. If you do find a solution before then - please consider submitting it via a pull request on GitHub.

Ratys

05.05.16 CHANGELOG:

• RT Quantum Storage: applied a blind fix to the 'phantom items' problem; made device mode switching more robust.

Couldn't really reproduce the bugs myself, so ended up simply tweaking a few things where I think these problems could be happening.

AzureSkye

Quote from: Ratys on April 21, 2016, 12:54:16 AM
THESE RELEASES ARE NOT INHERENTLY COMPATIBLE WITH OLD SAVES.
It could be possible to migrate saves if you deconstruct all instances of everything the mods add prior to updating. Yet still, there will be errors thrown in the console, if you can't parse them yourself or they are repeating - post them here for diagnosis and possible fix.

How to upgrade without recurring debug errors

• Add mods (Fusebox, Mag Shield) to Mod list under the old versions.
  • Load saved game, ignoring duplication errors
  • Use Debug Tools to Destroy all instances of Mod Components
  • Save as a new save file (In case you screw up)
  • Quit Game
  • Browse to C:\Users\###USERNAME###\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves
  • Open save file with competent XML Editor. (I recommend NotePad++ over standard NotePad)
  • Under <mods> Delete <li>RT Fusebox</li>
  • Ctrl-F (or equivalent) and find "Fuse"
  • This will bring you to the completed research list. Find the entries <li>RTFusebox_BasicFuses</li>, <li>RTFusebox_AdvancedFuses</li>, <li>RTFusebox_FlareShield</li>
  • Count how far up or down they are from the bottom or top. Remember this number and delete them.
  • Scroll down to the section <values>. This is the amount of research currently completed for each item. Repeat the count from above until you find the right values.
  • Cut these three values out.
  • Scroll up to the research list again and count to <li>ResearchProject_RTBasicFuses</li>, <li>ResearchProject_RTCircuitBreakers</li>, <li>ResearchProject_RTMagneticShield</li>. Remember the number you counted.
  • Scroll back to the <values> section and reverse the count to find the appropriate three <li>0</li> entries. Select them and paste in the old values. (This sets the research progress appropriately)
  • Completing research triggers colony events. Let's go modify those. Ctrl-F again and find "RTFusebox_BasicFuses"
  • Replace "RTFusebox_BasicFuses" with "ResearchProject_RTBasicFuses"
  • Find and replace "RTFusebox_AdvancedFuses" with "ResearchProject_RTCircuitBreakers"
  • Again, find and replace "RTFusebox_FlareShield" with "ResearchProject_RTMagneticShield"
  • Find and delete <li Class="RTFusebox.MapComponent_RTFusebox" />
  • Save the file, close the editor and start Rimworld.
  • Remove RT Fusebox from your mod list.
  • Load your modified save. Use GodMode to replace your Fuses and Shields.
  • Turn off GodMode and debugging, save and enjoy!

As I haven't used Q-piles, I can't help on that, but it should be similar.

Jack Kenseng

Fuses need to be added to vanilla.  It makes absolutely no sense to me that we can build a freaking spaceship and cryosleep caskets, but we can't build a circuit breaker?!

Ratys

09.05.16 CHANGELOG:

• Released RT Power Switch!
  • Minor fixes to RT Quantum Storage and RT Solar Flare Shield.

chrisf112233

Is there a specific way the fuses/circuit breakers need to be placed in game to work?  I have 3 batteries, with two makeshift fuses connected (2 fuses should be enough to handle 6 batteries according to tooltip) , but still got a short circuit which caused massive damage from the fire.  I've tried moving them in different locations, and even isolating the batteries so no power leaves the batteries without going through the fuses.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: chrisf112233 on May 10, 2016, 01:18:38 AM
Is there a specific way the fuses/circuit breakers need to be placed in game to work?  I have 3 batteries, with two makeshift fuses connected (2 fuses should be enough to handle 6 batteries according to tooltip) , but still got a short circuit which caused massive damage from the fire.  I've tried moving them in different locations, and even isolating the batteries so no power leaves the batteries without going through the fuses.

with the older version (pre the current release versioning scheme) i found i would need to re-locate the fuses for them to work.   once i'd done that (and it didnt matter where on the grid they were, just as long as they connected ) they would succeed in stopping a short as expected.  since the new version i have not experienced this.

chrisf112233

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on May 10, 2016, 04:29:19 AM
with the older version (pre the current release versioning scheme) i found i would need to re-locate the fuses for them to work.   once i'd done that (and it didnt matter where on the grid they were, just as long as they connected ) they would succeed in stopping a short as expected.  since the new version i have not experienced this.

Hmm I relocated everything after it happened, I'll just have to wait and see what happens now :P  I am using a new colony, but maybe I should double check all my versions.  I tried testing with the dev options on and creating a short circuit incident, and everytime the fuses do nothing, but I'm not sure if doing it that way will just bypass them.  I can't wait for it to work though, I've had so many disasters because of shorts hahaha, it seems like such a great addition which seems like it should be in the vanilla game.

Ratys

Quote from: chrisf112233 on May 10, 2016, 11:24:28 AM
Hmm I relocated everything after it happened, I'll just have to wait and see what happens now :P  I am using a new colony, but maybe I should double check all my versions.  I tried testing with the dev options on and creating a short circuit incident, and everytime the fuses do nothing, but I'm not sure if doing it that way will just bypass them.  I can't wait for it to work though, I've had so many disasters because of shorts hahaha, it seems like such a great addition which seems like it should be in the vanilla game.

Hm. Was there a message from RT Fuse in the console when you first installed a fuse? Did you try completely restartung the game? What other mods are you running?

deathstar

Fuses have stopped working for me entirely. The world is fresh with the newest version of the mod, but they simply do not work. I can build them fine, yet when a short circuit event occurs, no damage is prevented, the error message doesn't mention the installed fusebox.

The only mod I am using that changes the power-system is Pands's mod, is there an incompatibility? I am only using standard batteries, which are unaffected by it.

Ratys

Quote from: deathstar on May 18, 2016, 05:51:25 PM
Fuses have stopped working for me entirely. The world is fresh with the newest version of the mod, but they simply do not work. I can build them fine, yet when a short circuit event occurs, no damage is prevented, the error message doesn't mention the installed fusebox.

The only mod I am using that changes the power-system is Pands's mod, is there an incompatibility? I am only using standard batteries, which are unaffected by it.

I'd like your full mod list anyway, you'd be surprised how many changes go undocumented with some of them (to be honest, I'm just looking for more reasons to double-check what exactly CCL does that's relevant and if it breaks anything of mine; too lazy otherwise).

Also, I know this sounds bad, but... Sometimes, irregularly and without a consistent reason, it won't work for me either, until I completely restart the game after installing the first fuse. It's not something I can fix from modding perspective, unless I do something much more brutish than what I'm doing right now (it's possible override the entire thing at def level, but that would kill the already limited out-of-the-box compatibility with mods that touch it).

deathstar

Quote from: Ratys on May 18, 2016, 06:57:07 PM
Quote from: deathstar on May 18, 2016, 05:51:25 PM

I'd like your full mod list anyway, you'd be surprised how many changes go undocumented with some of them (to be honest, I'm just looking for more reasons to double-check what exactly CCL does that's relevant and if it breaks anything of mine; too lazy otherwise).

Also, I know this sounds bad, but... Sometimes, irregularly and without a consistent reason, it won't work for me either, until I completely restart the game after installing the first fuse. It's not something I can fix from modding perspective, unless I do something much more brutish than what I'm doing right now (it's possible override the entire thing at def level, but that would kill the already limited out-of-the-box compatibility with mods that touch it).

I tried adding the mod to my last world post-creation and thought that was the reason it didn't work, but now it's a whole new world created with it installed and it carried over multiple sessions.

My Mod-List (in order). I wish I could use ModOrder to troubleshoot this easier, but that in turn seems to break Combat Realism for me.

edit: Strange things have happened, and after researching and installing a circuit-breaker, the small fuse is now working. I'm at a loss as to how this works, but I'm certainly not complaining.

MechanoidHater

I have finished every research from the Quantum Stockpile mod and yet the quantum stockpile/warehouse dosent show up in the Architect menu.