[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carpediembr

getting an "error" spam saying that the Solar Flare is ending and it keeps spamming:

http://i.imgur.com/xm0Dg95.jpg

I tried stopping it with dev mode, but cant. Removed the Magnetic Shield and still persisted.

Canute

Quote from: carpediembr on December 27, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
getting an "error" spam saying that the Solar Flare is ending and it keeps spamming:

I tried stopping it with dev mode, but cant. Removed the Magnetic Shield and still persisted.
Try the newest version !

carpediembr

Quote from: Canute on December 27, 2016, 01:40:24 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on December 27, 2016, 01:34:07 PM

Try the newest version !

Thank you so much! It worked

Joshwoo70

When Trying to place a quantum stockpile, Game throws an error and refuses to place it.
gist : https://gist.github.com/Joshwoo70/461de4f25648b7cfe87d791b37215144
Seems to happen if you have zhentar fixes and you highlight over a blueprint for wooden floor.

Canute

ratys,
did you notice the settings from emergency power switches don't get restored when you restart the game ?
On a load it is fine, just when you launch the game, you need to active the switches, and when you forget it, you will notice it soon at the next Zzzzzz...

Pichu0102

Game throws a fit in the logs when you are moving around a blueprint for quantum storage around walls not yet built and still in blueprints mode.

https://gist.github.com/c09bfe8be444beb36aab4f74148a54c6

If you turn auto open of the log off, you get thousands of the "MakeThing error: Wall is madeFromStuff but stuff=null. Assigning default." messages.
More detail about the message was found when clicking the error:
MakeThing error: Wall is madeFromStuff but stuff=null. Assigning default.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ThingMaker:MakeThing(ThingDef, ThingDef)
RT_QuantumStorage.PlaceWorker_RTNoQSOverlap:AllowsPlacing(BuildableDef, IntVec3, Rot4, Thing)
JTReplaceWalls.GenConstruct_JT:CanPlaceBlueprintAt(BuildableDef, IntVec3, Rot4, Map, ThingDef, Boolean, Thing)
JTReplaceWalls.Designator_Build_JT:CanDesignateCell(IntVec3)
RimWorld.Designator_Place:SelectedUpdate()
RimWorld.Designator_Build:SelectedUpdate()
Verse.DesignatorManager:DesignatorManagerUpdate()
RimWorld.MapInterface:MapInterfaceUpdate()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

You can still place it, it just throws a tantrum until you deselect quantum storage from the architect and stop moving your mouse holding the unplaced blueprint around unbuilt walls.

WoodyDaOcas

Hi :) Just wanted to say thank you for your mods, I just went through my first solar flare with your shield. I prepared a separated room for it, attached 2 coolers. Wow, had to demolish a hole into the wall real quick, the heat build up was very surprising, should've expected that tbh :D Felt very balanced, thank you

Canute

I made these "mistake" at the beginning too, build it next to my batteries and deep core drillers, not to mention all the stuff in that big room start to burn soon. My luck was, at these alpha we could remove the roof without pawn.

Solar shield generator burn 25000 power, its like a super power heater.
I suggest to build it somewhere outside but roofed.

Barhandar

A16 replaced WorkToMake with WorkToBuild. Until the same change is made in your mods, all of the buildings in them will be constructed instantly. This is often missed because it does not generate log messages.

Ratys

11.01.17 CHANGELOG:

• All mods: fixed instant build times, added/changed research requirements.
  • RT Quantum Storage: fixed errors when mousing quantum device blueprints over other blueprints.
  • RT Power Switch: made sure the switch states are saved and loaded correctly over game restarts.

Thank you Joshwoo70, Canute, and Pichu0102 for error reports that actually exposed the issues right away.

asquirrel

Ratys, what does your power switch do other than an emergency mode function?  I've been holding off for an Alpha 16 on Halpro's power switch because it had stuff like turn on when movement is detected in the room, turn on when it detects enemies, etc.  It doesn't look like he's going to update it in the near future so I'm wondering what else your power switch does.  Thanks!

Ratys

Quote from: asquirrel on January 11, 2017, 11:34:39 AM
Ratys, what does your power switch do other than an emergency mode function?  I've been holding off for an Alpha 16 on Halpro's power switch because it had stuff like turn on when movement is detected in the room, turn on when it detects enemies, etc.  It doesn't look like he's going to update it in the near future so I'm wondering what else your power switch does.  Thanks!

RT Power Switch only provides the emergency power function, nothing more. (Seriously now, you've read the description that says "it does this" and you're asking "does it anything else?" If it did anything else I would've certainly listed it right there.)

Haplo seems to have released his switch on Workshop, and I've been using it just fine. No idea why it's not on the forums.

Canute

Or try the PowerLogic mod, that should have sensor switches too.

asquirrel

Thanks for that suggestion Canute, but it seems kind of complicated compared to Halpro's mod. I might try it though.

Tyolan

RT Power Switch is bugged. When "Emergency power" mode is activated, the switch doesn't turn ON when needed if the adjacent energy network need it, IF the network DOESN'T have a battery activated in.

All worked fine until I put RT Power Switch (in Emergency Mode) in front of all my batteries packs.

Be Careful.  :'(