[1.4] RT Mods - it's just gonna keep happening innit (2022-10-21)

Started by Ratys, March 07, 2015, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratys

RT Mods

RT Fuse
Researchable (RT Mods research tab) electric fuses to mitigate short circuits. When placed anywhere on a power network, each fuse will safely discharge up to three of network's batteries, mitigating or preventing the explosion.

Does not require a new colony to add or remove (might throw a one-time error).

Download: RT Fuse 1.4-1.6.0, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

RT Solar Flare Shield
Researchable (RT Mods research tab) magnetic shield to protect colony electronics from EMI and solar flares. The device heats up considerably while engaged, so plan accordingly!

Texture by LastXsile.

Download: RT Solar Flare Shield 1.4-1.7.0, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

RT Power Switch
A new researchable (RT Mods research tab) function for the power switch: when enabled, a new settings tab will become available on the power switch, allowing precise configuration of how should the switch react to changes in stored energy levels in an adjacent power network.

Download: RT Power Switch 1.4-1.5.0, old versions, Workshop, source, license (GPLv3)

How to install

• Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
  • Activate in the mod menu in the game.

Translations
If you want to translate one of my mods, please create a translation mod.

Modpacks
Consider this note my explicit permission to include any of my mods to non-commercially distributed packs, and to modify whatever files you may need to. As long as proper attribution is maintained, of course.
Also, it would be courteous if you notified me and other players of such an inclusion via this thread, however that's entirely up to you.
I will not provide technical support to packs, unless it strikes my fancy, but if there's a variable in my mod that should be exposed to configs yet for some reason isn't - it's entirely possible to convince me to fix that.

Changelog

"Buy me a coffee!"

Ratys

Quote from: Fox on March 08, 2015, 12:32:19 AM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=13.0

It IS functional in the state it's right now. That notice is there to explain my versioning, and will go away after today's update.

skullywag

Do items still register as available to colonists when in the stockpile? is it literally stacking on top of each other in a cell?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ratys

Quote from: skullywag on March 08, 2015, 04:24:18 AM
Do items still register as available to colonists when in the stockpile? is it literally stacking on top of each other in a cell?

Correct! They even show up in that resource side bar.

Ratys

Well, that took longer than expected. Worth it, though - a complete rewrite to make my life easier, and a new goodie to boot. Tested thoroughly, but who knows if any bug crept in, so please report any.

millenium

like this more compact storage is always welcome.

can we get the option to turn off the field display. the little white marks create some lag if there are too many points close to each other.

Ratys

Quote from: Canute on March 10, 2015, 10:37:15 AM
Just the core ?

A question to the gather mechanic of the storage ?
Does the pad gather all the items next to it, or only these items are for the stockpile the pad stands on it ?

Maybe another research step for more stacks ? :-)
At moment are 8 stack, thats 600 standard items for one field.

And a 1x1 pad please.
Maybe a 2x1 solar powered outdoor pad. 1 field for solar panel, 1 for storage.

Errr i didn't got a solar flare since i used these so far.
What happen on a solar flare, does you got a Quantum bomb, since so many items share the same physical space  or does the items spread out around the pad ? :-)

The core doesn't do anything by itself. It's a separate "mod" because other mods I plan to make are going to use things I already made, and I'd rather not make several libraries with redundant functionality, so I chuck most of the stuff into core.

Quantum stockpile checks if the item is wanted by the stockpile first. It doesn't care about items being forbidden, but it will unforbid them if they get stored.

Done, coming next update.

Small pads are done, coming next update. Solar pad... I have an idea where to fit it, but I'm not yet sure if it's possible; but I'll look into it.

Stored items are stable, nothing extraordinary should happen if stockpiles/warehouses lose power or get screwed by a solar flare.

Quote from: millenium on March 10, 2015, 11:11:04 AM
like this more compact storage is always welcome.

can we get the option to turn off the field display. the little white marks create some lag if there are too many points close to each other.

Glad people are enjoying this :)

Sure, a toggle for sparkles is a good idea, I'm looking into it right now. Also, if it lags completely unbearably you could open up the defs and change tickerType from Normal to Rare. That's how I originally was envisioning them, actually, but after a series of stress tests I decided they're just fine running at 250x the speed.

Ratys

10.03.15 CHANGELOG:

RT Core:

• v2.0.0 -> v2.1.0
  • Added toggle buttons to activity indicators (sparkles)

RT Storage:

• v1.0.0 -> v1.1.0
  • Added 1x1 stockpiles and warehouses, unlocked after relevant "miniaturization" research.
  • Added more tiers to stockpile capacity research: now 4 tiers, adding 1 stack each, costing 2000 research each.

Nebbeh

Getting some errors with this mod.

Big picture is in the main menu. Before I even create a game.

Small picture is ingame, trying to make the storage box

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ratys

Quote from: Nebbeh on March 10, 2015, 06:58:55 PM

This is happening either because the RT Core is not installed or because it loads after RT Storage, which is... abnormal. If you use EdB Mod Order then just swap their spots in the list.

skullywag

Hmm this takes advantage of the stockpiles ability that stops pawns hauling stuff if its been dropped on another stack within the stockpile. I was hoping to leveredge some of this for my storage mod but it can only work on stockpilees it seems, unless i place an invisible stockpile....

Also how will this handle clothes...im guessing that making a pawn wear a certain shirt in a pile of shirts will be annoying as hell?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nebbeh

Quote from: Ratys on March 10, 2015, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Nebbeh on March 10, 2015, 06:58:55 PM

This is happening either because the RT Core is not installed or because it loads after RT Storage, which is... abnormal. If you use EdB Mod Order then just swap their spots in the list.

Thanks, worked out. Using the RW launcher so swapped the orders of Core and Storage there. No errors now :)

Ratys

Quote from: skullywag on March 11, 2015, 04:40:31 AM
Hmm this takes advantage of the stockpiles ability that stops pawns hauling stuff if its been dropped on another stack within the stockpile. I was hoping to leveredge some of this for my storage mod but it can only work on stockpilees it seems, unless i place an invisible stockpile....

Also how will this handle clothes...im guessing that making a pawn wear a certain shirt in a pile of shirts will be annoying as hell?

Building_Storage works too. I haven't tested it recently, but my code is generalized (there's an Accepts(this IntVec3 cell, Thing thing) funciton that figures out filters for both Zone_Stockpile and Building_Storage; I should probably just make it look for SlotGroupParent), so CompRTQuantumStockpile could work just fine in say a hopper.

And yeah, equipment is... less than ideal. I was sure that the game was smart about it and showed that drop-down menu for everything on the cell, and when I discovered it wasn't it was too late.

Quote from: Nebbeh on March 11, 2015, 07:11:33 AM
Thanks, worked out. Using the RW launcher so swapped the orders of Core and Storage there. No errors now :)

Cool :)  Feel free to leave feedback and/or feature requests after you try it out!

Ratys