[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

I love the fact that Hospitality is updated, right after I get 'More Factions' mod, 'Norbals' and 'Pirates', as well as the patches that make those two work with 'More Factions'. So now, I have like, 20 different factions playing, so I can lure people from 20 different factions and not worry so much about pissing them off. xD

r4ky

i had find a bug with this mod :

when i recruting people faction directly change hostile and i have a spam message for recruting the same guyz x30

i try using the dev mode to put back faction neutral and try to recrut again and same thing happen again and again.

it was at start of the game and it s the first time it happen and i hope it will be the last
and there were no error log.

Thanks

nmid

I had the same problem in A10, but never got around to checking on it further..

Which faction was it and were they traders or visitors?
Those were the possible reasons suggested on the thread, for the problem.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

r4ky

hell, i didn't check the faction, but i get a new error with log this time :

HalfmoonSmile

Thank you for your hard work making and maintaining this mod; it's the only thing keeping every stray human from becoming a slave or hat. Unfortunately, I've got issues with a pawn that disobeys allowed zones, and prioritizes work flagged as impossible for them (medicine and social), after installing the alpha 11 update it to an existing colony.

When I added hospitality 1.05, I noticed it changed some of the manual priorities of my pawns, including "negotiate" being universally set at "1"--could this be related? (Can't manually readjust the priority of work the pawn is incapable of, can you?) It seems like the borked pawn has medicine and social set at priority 1, despite being incapable.

Uninstalling the mod doesn't fix the issues for that colony, but starting a new colony with hospitality works fine. I also run edb interface, edb prepare carefully (the borked pawn was from the custom start), edb mod order, norbals, and auto-hunt beacon.

r4ky

it look more harder to recruit than in Alpha 10, i m wrong?

Orion

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Without you guys I can't find those rare bugs, so keep em coming.

r4ky, when you get these errors - could you click the first one that occurs (if possible) and make a screenshot of the box that appears below? It gives additional details to the error. Without that I can't do anything about it.

Quote from: r4ky on June 24, 2015, 07:13:46 PM
it look more harder to recruit than in Alpha 10, i m wrong?
Actually, the difficulty depends on whether RimWorld thinks you should have more colonists or not - it uses RimWorld's difficulty for recruiting prisoners. So depending on the state of your colony, it can be easier or harder. I do think visitors stay for a shorter time now, though, so that can make it more difficult.

HalfmoonSmile, thanks for this report. It gives me a good lead. I noticed some similar weird behavior but couldn't put my finger on what's actually wrong.

r4ky

i don't speak about prisoner but about visitor :

when i try to recruit visitor my and even if my collonist have 20 social skill the faction make hostile so faaast so i dont know what s wrong but if there is a way to edit this ... ?

visitor get so much angry than happy by collonist i don't know why as i told you they have 20 social and i play base builder difficult and it can be at start or in late game result is the same

Thanks Orion.

edit: it s ok i find the way myself  8)

Orion

r4ky, when you get an error, could you end RimWorld and send me the file RimWorld834Win/RimWorld834Win_Data/output_log.txt?

Hiztaar

Quote from: HalfmoonSmile on June 24, 2015, 02:54:37 PM
Thank you for your hard work making and maintaining this mod; it's the only thing keeping every stray human from becoming a slave or hat. Unfortunately, I've got issues with a pawn that disobeys allowed zones, and prioritizes work flagged as impossible for them (medicine and social), after installing the alpha 11 update it to an existing colony.

When I added hospitality 1.05, I noticed it changed some of the manual priorities of my pawns, including "negotiate" being universally set at "1"--could this be related? (Can't manually readjust the priority of work the pawn is incapable of, can you?) It seems like the borked pawn has medicine and social set at priority 1, despite being incapable.

Uninstalling the mod doesn't fix the issues for that colony, but starting a new colony with hospitality works fine. I also run edb interface, edb prepare carefully (the borked pawn was from the custom start), edb mod order, norbals, and auto-hunt beacon.

+1 Got the same problem...
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Zallo

Love the mod but I am no longer able to assign a warden when playing. The warden tab is completely removed. There is still someone doing the warden responsibilities but I can't control who. Too big an issue because the warden ended up being my doctor. I've got one good doctor who I trust to hack off people's limbs and harvest prisoner organs. She is a very busy woman. (I run a organ harvesting prison.)

Orion

Quote from: Zallo on June 25, 2015, 04:45:21 PM
Love the mod but I am no longer able to assign a warden when playing. The warden tab is completely removed.
I didn't want to add a new tab, so I renamed the warden to diplomat, since they use the same skills. So the diplomat takes care of prisoners and visitors.

r4ky

Quote from: Orion on June 25, 2015, 06:28:55 AM
r4ky, when you get an error, could you end RimWorld and send me the file RimWorld834Win/RimWorld834Win_Data/output_log.txt?

sure i will but i didn't get another error yet and im happy like that :)

Ninefinger

Hey Orion, I got this error while attempting to recruit two people at the same time, The first person i recruited worked perfectly and teh pawn became a colonist, after that the second recruit attempt this error poped up (see error log). The faction then turned hostile as expected since the first recruit was successful. However i thought maybe that would help in determining if that could be part of the reason for the bug is faction relationship status between recruiting attempts. or if it changes during a recruiting process.

[attachment deleted due to age]