[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ky

Hi Orion,

Just an idea but ...

it should be nice to have a room specially for the visitor when they re coming to our collony i don't really know how to do because it s not really like prison architect where you can specify that each room is but maybe something to build that work like a rallypoint   :)
ty

r4ky

say recruit but not  :-[

Orion

Quote from: r4ky on June 29, 2015, 05:58:20 PM
it should be nice to have a room specially for the visitor when they re coming to our collony
I know. It's on top of the feature list, but I didn't have enough time to implement it yet.

Quote from: r4ky on June 29, 2015, 07:20:02 PM
say recruit but not  :-[
Sorry, I can't do anything unless you show me the error log from the console, or the output_log.txt file.

Leucetius

I did ;)

In fact - I only just registered to post the update. Read the license and as I understand it, I'm allowed to, aren't I? English isn't my native language so I may misread something.

- edited : Link removed since it's been included in Orions mainbranch -

For Orion: read "ver1.05.2 by Leucetius.txt" in the About folder, you shall be able to identify what excactly I changed.

Orion

Wow, you rock, Leucetius! Thanks a lot for your effort!

I've uploaded the version you made:

Changelog
1.05a - 01.07.2015 fixed by Leucetius
- fixed case where the recruitee's faction has no leader
- removed the "Giving no job" log spam

nmid

http://ufo2.site44.com/Hospitality/Hospitality%201.05a.zip
We could not find the requested page. (Error 404.)
:(

Edit - dropbox link is working.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Vas

There seems to be an exploit where I can talk 20 times or more, infinitely to the same person, and keep getting higher reputation points.  Started at -25, and managed to get to 15 before they left.  It was even faster and more so, when one of the allies were injured, I rescued, healed, then marked as improve relations and he just stood there getting rapid successes.

I suggest a time in between talking, a required delay.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Loki88

Quote from: Vas on July 03, 2015, 08:14:35 AM
There seems to be an exploit where I can talk 20 times or more, infinitely to the same person, and keep getting higher reputation points.  Started at -25, and managed to get to 15 before they left.  It was even faster and more so, when one of the allies were injured, I rescued, healed, then marked as improve relations and he just stood there getting rapid successes.

I suggest a time in between talking, a required delay.

Or a backfire event. "This guy won't shut up! Let's get outta here" relationship -5

Vas

Backfire would be bad, considering he does it in rapid succession.  Imagine playing at 3x speed and you suddenly have -OVER9000 with a faction because you didn't turn off the thing in time.  I think that it should just require a delay between speaking to that particular person again.  So if a group of 5 shows up, you can talk to each person once every 3 game hours or so.  Allowing you to talk to all 5, then wait 3 game hours and talk to all 5 again, assuming all 5 are still around.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Vas on July 03, 2015, 11:15:00 AM
I think that it should just require a delay between speaking to that particular person again.  So if a group of 5 shows up, you can talk to each person once every 3 game hours or so.  Allowing you to talk to all 5, then wait 3 game hours and talk to all 5 again, assuming all 5 are still around.

I second this!

This is a perfect idea!

Vas

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 03, 2015, 01:24:29 PM
Quote from: Vas on July 03, 2015, 11:15:00 AM
I think that it should just require a delay between speaking to that particular person again.  So if a group of 5 shows up, you can talk to each person once every 3 game hours or so.  Allowing you to talk to all 5, then wait 3 game hours and talk to all 5 again, assuming all 5 are still around.

I second this!

This is a perfect idea!
I third this!  Whoever came up with the idea should be given a gold star! :|  Yea, that guy right there, in the first quote! :|

Leucetius

I propose this:
- when you talk to someone, he either gets a positive or negative mood (anger or please - the system implemented at the moment)
- I sum the moodpoints given by these thoughts (negative moods are inverted so both have postive impact in the sum)
- convert in chance (sum / 100)
- this is the chance that your guest receives another thought : the neutral "I'm tired of talking with you" thought
- as long as the thought is present, you can't talk to him again.

balance values: calculation of chance, thought-time of the dimmisive-thought, add the social skill to one of the equations

(btw: I propose this, because it's nearly done ;) )

to clarify a example:
You've talked to GUEST 5 times, resulting in 4 positive thoughts worth +14 mood and 1 negative thought worth -5 mood
The sum of those is 14 + -(-5) = 19
This results directly in a 19% chance that GUEST receives the "I don't wanna talk" thought.

Vas

This is already a cheaty method of gaining reputation with factions, even with my nerf, it allows you to gain 100 rep with all of them except pure enemies for free.  Your method lets you gain 19 reputation by talking to ONE person, this is not right, at most you should be getting 1 per person per visit, and this could still be cheaty.

Leucetius

edit: second thoughts. After all it's Orion's mod...