[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenfur

I am experiencing a bug in 1.06b. I am using this mod together with Overhaul modpack, so I am not sure if something in that isn't the cause.

Yet often when my negotiator engages people he/she freezes and doesn't respond to any actions, game slows down a lot and his/her social skill skyrockets, as if there where thousands of talk engagement per second. Usually happens when target goes to sleep, but I am not yet able to narrow down circumstances when it happens. Happens for both trial of recruitment and relationship discussion.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Orion

Quote from: zenfur on July 29, 2015, 09:49:39 PM
Yet often when my negotiator engages people he/she freezes and doesn't respond to any actions, game slows down a lot and his/her social skill skyrockets, as if there where thousands of talk engagement per second. Usually happens when target goes to sleep, but I am not yet able to narrow down circumstances when it happens. Happens for both trial of recruitment and relationship discussion.
You're probably getting error messages. Could you open your console, click each unique error that you're getting and send me a screenshot of the details? Alternatively you could send me your output_log.txt after it happens, which is in the data subfolder of RimWorld.

zenfur

Yeah, there was an error-filled window after I try to load the game when this error occurs. However, I've recently reinstalled the mod (just deleted old stuff and redownloaded) and it seems to work now. It could have been some downloading mistake.
I'll keep you updated with feedback if this happens again.
By the way do you plan to add more features? This mod is awesome and the game certainly lacks in this area. Ideas such as making comfortable and beautiful guest rooms and/or offering meals, or sending diplomats for other tribes. Also making tribes' interaction with you more dependant on it's good will seems resonable.

Regards, zenfur
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Orion

Quote from: zenfur on July 30, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
Yeah, there was an error-filled window after I try to load the game when this error occurs. However, I've recently reinstalled the mod (just deleted old stuff and redownloaded) and it seems to work now. It could have been some downloading mistake.
Glad that it works now!

Quote from: zenfur on July 30, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
By the way do you plan to add more features? This mod is awesome and the game certainly lacks in this area. Ideas such as making comfortable and beautiful guest rooms and/or offering meals, or sending diplomats for other tribes. Also making tribes' interaction with you more dependant on it's good will seems resonable.
I agree. And I do have plans to develop further into this area. But to be honest I need to cut myself a break from making mods. I don't get the pleasure out of it that I used to, it's not gonna pay the bills and I'm yearning to get back to another project of mine. So I can't promise anything.

The reason I made the mod in the first place is because there were always visitors coming by with people where I thought "man, I wish that one was on my team". But I ended up naming it "Hospitality" because I always had in mind to eventually add more features about hosting guests.

Othobrithol

Hopefully your work has added some inspiration and ideas to Tynan. The highest honor any modder can attain is to see their work (or something derived from it) make it into vanilla.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Othobrithol on July 30, 2015, 07:40:16 PM
Hopefully your work has added some inspiration and ideas to Tynan. The highest honor any modder can attain is to see their work (or something derived from it) make it into vanilla.

I agree and to be honest I'm surprised Tynan hasn't looked more into this mod. *wink wink* (subtle hint) This mod adds another level of immersion when it comes to AI interaction; Numerous possibilities from just this simple concept and how amazing the results could be later down the road. I genuinely hope Tynan considers implementing this mod into vanilla and further expanding the AI interactions.

caesius

error report.
when one of my pawn goes to improve relationship with norbals (they were enemy but now friendly. and norbals come from other mod) this error come out and the pawn who tried to improve relationship (in this picture, slave 2) gets numb.

it does not occur when it is not norbals (not tested). (i guess this is problem of pawn, not norbals but i just depict the error situation)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Orion

That's an interesting one... I'll look into it, when I work on this mod again. Thanks for reporting!

MagnAxiom

When might we see an A12 version of this great mod?

LanMc

Yeah, I have to wait for this one...  I love this mod and don't really want to play without it.
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Ninefinger

A12c Hospitality (Thanks to Cebullus for providing the update!)

Download

Orion

Thanks!

I didn't have any time soon for making the update so this is excellent!

bewby

LanMc

Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

pigman999999999

how about if the fac you are recurting from doset like the person your trying to take in they will give you goodwill or lets say one of those guys who are supposed to be amzing fighters who cant do anything in a fight  or in genral you get goodwill.