[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grynnreaper

Had to unload this mod, negotiator tries to improve relations with everyone by default and if she fails enough I get attacked. Is there a way to make negotiator leave people alone by default? Having to change the option for every single visitor every time is a deal breaker, especially when I got orion corp visiting with a dozen plus friends.

edit- Aaaand I gotta restart because unloading this mod breaks saves...may you get an intense itch in a private place while you are in public....

Orion

Quote from: Grynnreaper on September 12, 2015, 11:52:24 AM
Had to unload this mod, negotiator tries to improve relations with everyone by default and if she fails enough I get attacked. Is there a way to make negotiator leave people alone by default? Having to change the option for every single visitor every time is a deal breaker, especially when I got orion corp visiting with a dozen plus friends.

edit- Aaaand I gotta restart because unloading this mod breaks saves...may you get an intense itch in a private place while you are in public....

It's on the list.

Also, "Orion Corp", that's pure irony.

Sorry about the unloading. I'm doing my best to ensure you don't have to start a new world with my mods. Unloading is something else and your responsibility to keep old saves. I'm pretty sure most other mods don't easily unload either, unless they're only interface changes.

Ninefinger

Hey Orion, yeah dont worry about what some people say this mod is a must have and jsut dont know that you are working on improving it.

Anyways here is a bug report for ya.

This is what happens after fresh install, after 5 mins ingame, rescuing a pod crashed person: Reported by Ajes

http://prntscr.com/8fsvlp

Didact04

Noted a bug: can't contact other factions due to an error that gets thrown up whenever I ring them up in the communication console. Can't very well see the point in having allies if I can't utilize them.

Very good idea, but had to uninstall for a combination of that bug and the mass message spam. Recruiting from other factions is cool but only ever possible when I have 2+ masterful talkers on the person nonstop from the moment they show up at my colony.

I do like the mod though, I'll be watching to see if these issues get resolved in the future.

macrosblackd

Suggestion for handling the Improve relations on/off defaulting. Could that be something you set on your own colonist rather than per visiting pawn? It would still require having the negotiation job set, but rather than the visiting pawn having a flag to determine whether or not it creates the work task it, all visiting pawn are simply looking for a colonist with the flag & job set. I think this would probably address the issue reasonably well for both sides of the fence who always want to try and improve relations (me) and those who don't (grynn)

Kolljak

Running into some errors

My peeps just stand there cant do anything anymore and the redline error reads...

The given key was not present in the dictionary
did not find skill def social returning to shooting

No idea what went wrong just started happening.

Didact04

On second thought, I think I'm going to put this back in. I need the traders. Kind of badly. I never call for backup from other factions anyway.

Anyone know if faction-based traders are reliant on the same calculations that decrease space traders based on colony wealth? Because late-game that becomes debilitating.

Beathrus

Quote from: Didact04 on September 17, 2015, 02:59:51 PM
On second thought, I think I'm going to put this back in. I need the traders. Kind of badly. I never call for backup from other factions anyway.

Anyone know if faction-based traders are reliant on the same calculations that decrease space traders based on colony wealth? Because late-game that becomes debilitating.

You should get the 'Clutter', Mod by mrofa; It has a Communication relay that basically lets you send out signals. Sometimes traders respond to it, sometimes drop pods of goodies... sometimes... other things. >.> As far as I know, you can put it right into an Ongoing game.

Lupin III

Quote from: Kolljak on September 17, 2015, 11:04:36 AM
Running into some errors

My peeps just stand there cant do anything anymore and the redline error reads...

Same here. Played a game just yesterday for hours where everything worked fine. I started a new one today and the behaviour was normal at first, but now the "social" people get stuck. I can draft them, but not move them and after undrafting they still stick to the same position. The whole games is lagging to almost a halt. It only goes away if I wait for the guest to leave the map, save and reload the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Orion

Thanks for the error reports and suggestions!

I wish I had more time to fix bugs, but unfortunately I also have other things to attend. Thanks to Cerbellus there is at least the current A12 version of the mod, but apparently there are some issues with it. I haven't even had the time to look at the code since A12 was released.

So until I've had time to look into the issues, I can only recommend to keep backups of your saves, to save regularly and to load when you get an error (and preferably to let me know what caused it + a screenshot of the error).

fenrin49

Quote from: Lupin III on September 18, 2015, 03:42:33 PM
Quote from: Kolljak on September 17, 2015, 11:04:36 AM
Running into some errors

Same here. Played a game just yesterday for hours where everything worked fine. I started a new one today and the behaviour was normal at first, but now the "social" people get stuck. I can draft them, but not move them and after undrafting they still stick to the same position. The whole games is lagging to almost a halt. It only goes away if I wait for the guest to leave the map, save and reload the game.

me 3! is there a quick fix that works ? i tried downing them but then when rescued they vanish.....

also the error seams to happen when they fall asleep while talking with them

Topper

This mod works great! Its simple yet powerful and encourages the player to actually care about and check out the people visiting the colony. Another for the long list of mods that need to be added to the core game. You should breed this with Haplo's merchant tent mod and see what you two come up with.

Lupin III

Quote from: fenrin49 on September 21, 2015, 03:05:24 AM
me 3! is there a quick fix that works ? i tried downing them but then when rescued they vanish.....

The bug is a weird one. The next day when I continued to play the game, where it happened maybe ten times (not every times visitors come by, but many times), it was fine for a long time. Then after maybe 45min or so it happened again. I saved, shut down the game completely and loaded the game again. The problem never appeared since then (6h+ of gameplay). Not even right after the load with the visitors, who caused the error right before saving, still being on the map being "influenced".
What I also found out now is, that the colonists getting stuck are levelling up very quickly. I first thought my colonists just had a lv20 social skill, because they were negotiating very often. But when I assigned an additional negotiator around lv13, he had leveled to lv18 in the minute I took to save the game and restart.

Orion

There's a new version! Now you can set the default treatment of visitors. I was not able to separate wardens and negotiators. RimWorld's current version unfortunately has a hardcoded amount of WorkTypes, so I can't add a new one.

Changelog
1.08 - 23.09.2015
- minor fixes
- visitors choose their staying room more intelligently
- new button "Set Default" for choosing how to treat new visitors!

If one of your colonists got stuck, you must have received an error. Please send me a screenshot of it and load an older savegame. Don't continue when a colonist gets stuck.

Hague

Imagine if there were a hospitality zone you could designate. Provided it was environmentally safe, visitors would gather there. The guests would bring small amounts of silver with them (seems like your pawns should carry their own money too) and then they would pay for the items they consumed while they were there, allowing the player colony to have a cantina/bar (and possibly have a brawl break out)

On a side note, I feel it's sort of illogical to for a player to directly raise your goodwill with a faction by chatting. (The whole spam 300 silver thing feels like a placeholder too) The whole system could be more realistic if visitors leave happy and your relationship with them improves as a result. Replace the current attempt prompt with a welcoming gesture from a pawn, basically like a first impression. This will give a mood boost to the visitor until they leave. Presumably you can make multiple attempts but they get less effective over time. When your relationship with a faction gets high enough, there's a chance that the occasional visitor will want to join on their own. The idea being that your ability as a good host is what grows your relationship, not just a social dice roll: keeping guests safe, fed, etc. Visitors that leave in a bad mood should deteriorate your relationship but not to the point that you get attacked, rather the faction shuns you and visitors simply stop arriving (which might be the player intent after all!) What's important is keeping track of what the visitors' state is when they arrive and what it is when they leave the map.

This also means that faction relationships shouldn't immediately take a hit when you kill all the visitors (or they die through other circumstances) rather, after a certain period of being missing, scouts get sent on a mission to spot graves or bodies of their missing comrades. (given tasks to go dig up a grave and/or retrieve a body) If they spot them, they flee to the edge of the map, if they escape, your relationship takes a large hit. If they die or are captured, your relationship with that faction goes down still but it trends to 0, not to a war state. Essentially, the faction learns to avoid you as dangerous but not so dangerous as to warrant outright destruction. "Don't go there, my x went there and s/he never came back." Could also be a radio option to fess up to the deaths of other faction members in attempt to smooth things over, maybe offer a chance to give back remains.

Sorry, I'm just rambling now. Anyway, good job on the mod!