[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Hotfix Version 1.08b
- Fixed animal beds attracting guests

LittleGreenStone

Orion

I've toiled hard this weekend and made a new version with mayor changes! It was some tricky stuff and there are likely to be bugs with weird mods or under odd circumstances. Please do report them with an error log!

Merry christmas ;)

Changelog
1.09 - 28.12.2015
- you can now build guest beds
- guest beds mark a room as a guest room
- visitors will sleep in guest beds
- visitors will relax in your base

TLHeart

Dang, I dropped in to say thanks for the hotfix change, so that visitors don't hang out in the barn... they now hang out in the impressive rec and dining rooms.  added it to my current 5 year colony, with no problems.

and now this,

will add to current colony, with a backup to see what I can do with it.

Thanks

Orion

Quote from: TLHeart on December 28, 2015, 12:16:08 PM
Will add to current colony, with a backup to see what I can do with it.
Yes, do make a backup. The hotfix was so people can use the stable 1.08 version, while this one is a bit riskier ;)

TLHeart

Quote from: Orion on December 28, 2015, 03:20:49 PM
Quote from: TLHeart on December 28, 2015, 12:16:08 PM
Will add to current colony, with a backup to see what I can do with it.
Yes, do make a backup. The hotfix was so people can use the stable 1.08 version, while this one is a bit riskier ;)

Added to my MVP (mod variety pack) which is a huge colony, with 42 colonists, and 5 1/2 years into the game.

Built a room with 5 visitor beds, added a table to eat at and waited.  First group of visitors came said hi, and left. Second group of visitors came, talked and left.  Started to have me worried.  3rd group of visitors, came, stayed, played video games, read books, social chatted, slept, ate at the table, played billiards, more video games, chess,  napped (slept again),  then left.

And my wardens talked them up a lot, at least until they had enough, and were done talking for the day.

No errors thrown in the output log, so I would say a successful addition.

Thanks, makes it even more fun to have visitors....

Orion

You're welcome ;)

In the current version, if you have already maxed out the relationship with the visiting faction, they leave immediately. This will be fixed in the next version, where they'll always stick around for a while. For now, you could just request military backup to get their relationship down a bit again.

TLHeart

Quote from: Orion on December 31, 2015, 09:10:51 AM
You're welcome ;)

In the current version, if you have already maxed out the relationship with the visiting faction, they leave immediately. This will be fixed in the next version, where they'll always stick around for a while. For now, you could just request military backup to get their relationship down a bit again.

thanks for that explanation of their behavior. Or I just recruit a member, which always lowers the goodwill.

Orion

Quote from: TLHeart on December 31, 2015, 11:34:14 AM
thanks for that explanation of their behavior. Or I just recruit a member, which always lowers the goodwill.
Indeed, but it's rather difficult, since they only stay so shortly ;)

Orion

This should do for a while, I hope ;)

Changelog
1.09b - 01.01.2016
- fixed visitors going insane when leaving
- visitors now stay a while even when relationship is maxed out
- happy guests now sometimes leave silver or items
- load game hotfix

Tivec

Playing with the latest version (1.09b) and had visitors come over. As they chose to leave, the message "Visitors from Orion installation are leaving. They acknowledge your hospitality." is being spammed about once every 1/10th of a second, and they are not leaving. It also makes the game slow down by quite a lot. Any thoughts what might cause this? Would rather not abandon my colony because of this...

Edit: This is the error message:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Hospitality.State_VisitPoint.GetVisitScore (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.State_VisitPoint.Cleanup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.GotoState (RimWorld.SquadAI.State newState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Transition.Execute (RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain brain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Transition.CheckSignal (RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain brain, TriggerSignal signal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.CheckTransitionOnSignal (TriggerSignal signal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SquadAI.BrainManager.SquadBrainManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edit 2:
It appears to have been caused by a mechanoid (Orion Corporation MBT). I'm guessing this is not capable of having thoughts? I destroyed it using debug mode, and the spam stopped.

Orion

Quote from: Tivec on January 02, 2016, 10:26:34 AM
It appears to have been caused by a mechanoid (Orion Corporation MBT). I'm guessing this is not capable of having thoughts? I destroyed it using debug mode, and the spam stopped.

Thanks for reporting this one it!

Here you go, I hope this fixes it:

Changelog
1.09c - 02.01.2016
- fix for visitors without mood (mechanoids)

Tivec

Thank you, I'll take a look at this! Unfortunately, I don't have a save from around the time it happened, so I'll have to wait and see.

DuCentre

Howdy. First post here and I'm sad to have it be an error report. Started up an existing colony, with newest hospitality build loaded in. All of the menu bars appeared, but the in game graphics didn't.

Also this filled the Debug Log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at RimWorld.SquardAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick ()[0x000001 in <filename unknown>

Did I break something? :-\

Orion

Quote from: DuCentre on January 03, 2016, 01:26:17 PM
All of the menu bars appeared, but the in game graphics didn't.

Also this filled the Debug Log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at RimWorld.SquardAI.Brain.SquadBrainTick ()[0x000001 in <filename unknown>
Welcome :)

Well, the graphics not showing is usually a sign that something failed when loading a specific object from the savegame. Together with the error message, my guess would be, that a group of visitors or a raid failed to load.

Did you have hospitality before? My guess would be that you had a group of visitors present in your savegame, then updated hospitality and somehow it has problems loading the visitors from the previous group.

What you could try is plug in the previous (working) version of Hospitality, load your game, wait until all visitors have left, save again, and then load it with the latest version.

Did you get any other errors or warnings, next to this?