[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

Strange, because I had visitors and father of my negotiator was one of them. Also worth of noting is that he came after she got married :D

Orion

Quote from: Rock5 on April 16, 2016, 11:37:50 PM
If you always load the English strings first before loading the translated strings then any missing ones will remain English and it should work fine. That way you only need to keep the English one up to date and include translated ones as the community supplies them to you. Easy.
Do you have an example how you would do that?

Quote from: Justas love on April 17, 2016, 04:03:10 AM
this literally breaks my game, when a trader comes or a raid then every person is standing still and when i open the debug log i just get loads of errors
This literally doesn't tell me anything about the problem that I could use to even begin to fix it. Seems to work mostly fine for everyone else.

Quote from: Astasia on April 17, 2016, 07:02:58 AM
Does the "Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup" not call whatever function was added in A13 that creates family members for the current pawns? If so I wonder if it's also not using the system that allows to same pawns to come back and visit again?
It does use the A13 function.

Severik

Quote from: Orion on April 17, 2016, 08:14:05 AM
If you always load the English strings first before loading the translated strings then any missing ones will remain English and it should work fine. That way you only need to keep the English one up to date and include translated ones as the community supplies them to you. Easy.

i guess this would need a rewrite of the Games way to load languages.....thought something like "if there is nothing in the german file for this, use the english one" sonds easy if u tell it a human being but should be a bit more complicated for a "stupid" computer Programm ^^

Orion

Quote from: Severik on April 17, 2016, 08:23:57 AM
i guess this would need a rewrite of the Games way to load languages.....thought something like "if there is nothing in the german file for this, use the english one" sonds easy if u tell it a human being but should be a bit more complicated for a "stupid" computer Programm ^^
Well, since he's a modder I assume he's already done what he's talking about, so there is a way.

Severik

there is a way for everything^^ i just thought its a bit cruel to just say "its so easy" and not telling the exact way^^ but im no modder or anything and sholdnt talk like i know anything^^

Justas love

I cant seem to have the guest tab? This worked for me in 12, but now i cant do anything with the visitors

Orion

Quote from: Antario on April 16, 2016, 09:59:07 AM
that line isn't present in my save file, the only mention of hospitality is actually the mod itself

i'm supposed to be looking in mycityname.rws right?
Yes. If it's not in there, that's good too. Means you never needed it.

Quote from: Killaim on April 16, 2016, 03:29:32 PM
would be neat if you put food in their room and they picked it up they dropped silvers as payment.
even other stuff :D clothes weapons.
just so its not a trade guy but all the pawns might decide to shop :D
Would be neat for sure. Also possible. I'll put it on the wishlist.

Quote from: Justas love on April 17, 2016, 08:32:20 AM
I cant seem to have the guest tab? This worked for me in 12, but now i cant do anything with the visitors
It now only shows up when they have arrived at their room. I'll have to change that again, it's confusing :)

Justas love

Don't change that, just tell it in your forum

Its more logical this way man, now i cant recruit ppl from escape pods lmfao :D

mcduff

I'm struggling here. I can't ever get a "guest" tab. There's no way of designating something as a "guest room" and visitors don't visit bedrooms. What am I missing?

prongssage

Quote from: mcduff on April 17, 2016, 01:40:29 PM
I'm struggling here. I can't ever get a "guest" tab. There's no way of designating something as a "guest room" and visitors don't visit bedrooms. What am I missing?

you have to build a guest bed, look on the far right of the furniture tab, and the guest tab only appears for visitors traders or people just passing though don't receive the guest tab

mcduff

I don't appear to have a guest bed option :(

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Orion

Quote from: mcduff on April 17, 2016, 02:14:45 PM
I don't appear to have a guest bed option :(
Have you activated the mod in the main menu?

Quote from: Justas love on April 17, 2016, 09:32:08 AM
Its more logical this way man, now i cant recruit ppl from escape pods lmfao :D
Good point, although that shouldn't work in the first place... I do feel I should add it back. I always thought it was handy to scan visitors for good candidates when they arrive.

nuschler22

Has anyone successfully recruited a visitor? 

Can you give us some tips?  I have a nice room (nicer than my colonists) with six guest beds.

Otherwise, this mod has become completely useless and more of a burden than anything.

I certainly don't mind the chance that the visitor will turn on the negotiator.  But considering that's all that has happened out of about 10 attempts to recruit (the lowest difficulty to recruit factor, typically under 40 by the way), it seems I'd be better not using it.  Sad, because I really liked this mod in the past.

mcduff

Lol, I know you guys have to ask that kind of question but, yeah, I have. That screenshot was taken where the only two mods loaded were EDB mod order and Hospitality.

Astasia

Quote from: Astasia on April 17, 2016, 07:02:58 AM
Does the "Hospitality.IncidentWorker_VisitorGroup" not call whatever function was added in A13 that creates family members for the current pawns? If so I wonder if it's also not using the system that allows to same pawns to come back and visit again?
It does use the A13 function.

Ok, strange. Maybe I found a base game bug, or am having just really crazy bad luck. 3 years in and none of my colonists have any family connections. I'll have to start paying attention to visitors and raiders, to see if any connections are being made at all.

Edit: Just a very long RNG streak it seems. A couple more seasons in and I started seeing a few family members showing up.

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 17, 2016, 02:59:04 PM
Has anyone successfully recruited a visitor? 

Can you give us some tips?  I have a nice room (nicer than my colonists) with six guest beds.

Otherwise, this mod has become completely useless and more of a burden than anything.

I certainly don't mind the chance that the visitor will turn on the negotiator.  But considering that's all that has happened out of about 10 attempts to recruit (the lowest difficulty to recruit factor, typically under 40 by the way), it seems I'd be better not using it.  Sad, because I really liked this mod in the past.

I have. They don't join until after the group packs up to leave, and they will sit there and spam recruit the whole time even when it's not needed. I've also found it's not worth even attempting to interact with them with a pawn at under like 14-15 social skill. At like 10-12 the chances are too low to be worthwhile, anything below that is just going to do harm. Needs some balance tweaking.