[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

the guest tab only shows up when the visitors have reached the 'flag' location, so you have to wait till they start milling around before you can set to recruit

Rock5

I have noticed with some groups I don't get the guests tab even after waiting until they get to my base.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

harpo99999

Quote from: Rock5 on April 22, 2016, 01:00:35 AM
I have noticed with some groups I don't get the guests tab even after waiting until they get to my base.
I have seen this only with the traders

Goldenpotatoes

Colonists seem to prioritize sleeping in guest beds if they don't have a bed directly assigned to them beforehand. I didn't realize half of my recruited people weren't sleeping in their personal rooms but the guest room, even though I had several unassigned regular beds.

Rock5

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 23, 2016, 08:55:21 AM
Colonists seem to prioritize sleeping in guest beds if they don't have a bed directly assigned to them beforehand. I didn't realize half of my recruited people weren't sleeping in their personal rooms but the guest room, even though I had several unassigned regular beds.
Yeah, a bit of a hassle but I didn't find it to bothersome. Easy enough to just assign them to one of your free beds when you see it happen.

On another note. I came up with a really sweet way to make maximum use of the guest beds. I use guest beds for my nicely decked out prison rooms. When I have no prisoners, guests can use them and enjoy the rooms. When I get prisoners I switch them over to prisoner use. Saves a bit of space and repetition.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Nictis

I'm pretty sure the odds to charm/insult visitors lie, at a point I watched the odds and it said 86% to charm, and then it gave me 26% to insult.

Any time that I attempted to improve relations the odds increased to impossible numbers, I'd insult people and it would tell me I had a -16% chance for example, or 114% to charm.

Currently I'm not using Hospitality because the gifting system seems kind of broken at the moment, with visitors giving me whatever they came to trade if they enjoy their stay (Which they always do early game, even when they don't enter my home area...) And recruiting a trader with a minigun early on is just too great for me to handle.

Geroj

I dont really understand this system, whatever I do they always leave unsatisfied, I have large room with comfy beds, there is heater, legendary large wood statue, chairs and table, they have plenty of joy, but they never eat food from fridge, some carry their own but most of them not, what I am supposed to do? Even if they bring their own food they just acknowledge my hospitality, throw me some junk and thats it, 90% of the time they just give me negative points

Orion

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 20, 2016, 11:26:55 PM
I also got the same error. I wasn't trying to recruit any of them either, nor was I trying to improve relationship.
Could you select one of those errors and screenshot it for me?

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 21, 2016, 12:14:53 PM
Well, I guess its time to remove the mod since it feels useless now.   

I asked a simple question and apparently people don't know or are too busy to answer. 

Shame.  This was a great mod.
That's the spirit.

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 20, 2016, 02:32:11 PM
My negotiator is now a 17 (was a 20), "beautiful," and has no negative qualities like abrasive.

I have had no success in recruiting anyone.  The vast majority of the time it says the person was upset.  Maybe 5 percent of the time they were charmed.  This doesn't count all the other people being upset by noticing.   I've yet to have one person join. 
Have you checked the opinion of the target towards your recruiter?
Have you checked your recruiter's stats about recruting?

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 20, 2016, 02:32:11 PM
Can you have a nice visitor space, set to recruit and have your negotiator not contact them and they'll still join if the guest tab is set to recruit?  Or do you have to talk to the visitor for them to join?
Yes, that will work. You do have to have them set to recruit when they leave, which is when they decide to join your faction (or not).

Orion

New Version
1.11b - 24.04.2016
- changed recruit system (now relation based)
- matched flag color to guest names
- recruiters now stop if opinion is maxed out or too low
- added delay between interactions
- lots of tweaking
- fixed guest beds showing bed options
- fixed colonists sleeping in guest beds
- fixed "InteractedTooRecently" error
- fixed various small errors

I've changed the recruitment system. Guests will be recruiting on the spot again (not when they leave). Also now the recruiting score is based on how much the guests likes your colonists. So having them interact a lot will help. Also multiple recruiters will be useful (as long as their skill is not totally terrible). You can look at their stats page to see how well your colonists will do when recruiting.

Let me know how you experience the balancing. I find it easy to impress and recruit guests, but your mileage may vary.

Rock5

Quote from: Orion on April 24, 2016, 02:27:09 PM
Does that mean I'll no longer be able to alternate using the guest rooms for guests and prisoners? I loved that feature!

I don't mind the guest bed not being available to colonists but it was real convenient to use the 'nice' rooms for both guests and prisoners.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Orion

Quote from: Rock5 on April 24, 2016, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: Orion on April 24, 2016, 02:27:09 PM
Does that mean I'll no longer be able to alternate using the guest rooms for guests and prisoners? I loved that feature!

I don't mind the guest bed not being available to colonists but it was real convenient to use the 'nice' rooms for both guests and prisoners.

It was buggy and made no sense, so it had to go. In a perfect world I'd have a button on the regular bed to make it a guest bed.

Deon

With the new game with 11b I experience a weird issue. It starts saying "Visitors from *** are leaving." 100 times in a row with 100 millisecond interval, beeping all the time, until they finally leave.

Aetherish

I am getting the same issue to, what I have to do is end up killing the visitors since they won't leave the map

Glendening

Quote from: Deon on April 24, 2016, 06:10:53 PM
With the new game with 11b I experience a weird issue. It starts saying "Visitors from *** are leaving." 100 times in a row with 100 millisecond interval, beeping all the time, until they finally leave.

I was getting this with the previous version. I haven't tested 1.11b yet. It is annoying but not game breaking thankfully.

InfiniteRemnant

Help. They won't leave. the non-stop beeping is driving me nuts.