[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

orion, I also have had the previously friendly factions go hostile in a fresh game using 1.13b after pawns left the map and a couple of days later get the faction hostility alert (also have an issue  (suspect not your mod) where the savegames will not load  and have to see logfile, so think I should not post the saves)

Fregrant

- You will pay for death of our traders!
- What? They were fine, it is not our fault, probably met some raiders on returning home!
- Prepare to die, damn liars!

harpo, do you using latest CCL mod? Savegames not loading due bug in old version.

harpo99999

I am using the latest ccl ie 13.2.1, and was using the 1.13b but went back to the 1.11b of hospitality to get rid of the killed visitors/traders when I had not even talked to them

Reaper

Can you check for a event that brings a hostile faction into the map (hostile to your visitors) and not penalize the player for when that faction starts a fight with the current faction. Just have the present visitors decide to leave to avoid a fight. Would that work?

zzz1000

If our people was at your territory and died  - most likely you are douchebag. If our people meet our enemies and you did nothing than you are douchebag. If you are douchebag then is ok to raid you and steal your goods and women.

Atomisk

I have had less trouble with visitors on a smaller map, but this still means larger maps simply kill relationships. I like the no-hostility unless they are attacked by your colonists, but how about if they definitely die on your map, too? I do think it's too easy if they just don't get mad unless you yourself are a prick. Make a version for small maps that is penalty based on time, and larger maps is penalty based on hostility. :D

Edit: I did not realize there was an update, this is on the previous version :o

Techgenius

Quote from: zzz1000 on May 31, 2016, 07:23:47 PM
If our people was at your territory and died  - most likely you are douchebag. If our people meet our enemies and you did nothing than you are douchebag. If you are douchebag then is ok to raid you and steal your goods and women.

That brick mentality is the reason rimworld is such a messed up place to live in, we're not obligated to save the sorry arse of every bastard that "travels through" comes "uninvited" to my research institutes. Anyway.. I'll very likely find a lot of uses for their body parts, guess I'm kinda like a douchebag :)

That said, I wonder how long we'll be able to create our own faction leaders who give access to a plethora of abilities, just for him and the faction overall, maybe.. having a higher chance of recruiting peons with less risk of losing relations, plus.. being capable of talking in the radio comms to increase 5+ or 3+ points with the faction he's communicating. Even Hierarchy, faction types that improve or unlocks features, science directorate colony, militarist colony, farmer colony, trader colony and so fourth

The problem isn't even raids some times, "visitors" will sometimes come at very dangerous, bad times, Mechanoid attacks, manhunter pack events.. etc..

GWindborn

I just started using this today and I'm still getting the "lost in your territory" bug that should have been fixed by a very recent update.  No idea what is happening, but I'm going to have to disable until there's a permanent fix.

Fitz

Yeah, same here, I updated to 1.13 and I'm still getting angry messages after every group of visitors leaves safely.  Does anyone have 1.11 version they can link so I can go back for now? Love this mod too much to switch it off :(

Peppsen

Fitz

Diana Winters

Quote from: GWindborn on May 31, 2016, 09:35:55 PM
I just started using this today and I'm still getting the "lost in your territory" bug that should have been fixed by a very recent update.  No idea what is happening, but I'm going to have to disable until there's a permanent fix.
I am having the same issue. Switching to a previous version did not seem to fix the issue :c

harpo99999

I am currently useing the old 11b version and do nto have the lost visitors issue

GWindborn

I got 11c from the Dropbox link above and it seems to be working okay now.. I'll report back if I get any weirdness.

Note that I did start an entirely new game, though - I haven't gone back to any of the previous saves to see how or if it changes those.

cakeonslaught

I replaced my existing Hospitality folder with the new 1.13b and i'm still getting problems with angered chiefs. Nobody has died, so can somebody tell me what i've done wrong? I literally just swapped the folders and loaded my game.

I was also getting the intermitted freezing before, which i have not seen since.

EDIT: It seems that it is saying EVERYONE who visits has gone missing. I watched and they are exiting safely, but it does take them a while because the map is large and snowy.