[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: notfood on June 18, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
Quote from: BandOfDog on June 17, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Ok I have a few errors which involve Hospitality Mod so thought I'd post them here just to make sure these aren't the ones causing the non raiding situation!

Here's both of them http://imgur.com/a/BrNiw

What's the source of this error? I get it too often as well. Is it a config problem of the HardcoreSK pack or something else?

I must have missed this post. The first error I'm getting too, but I didn't see the link to Hospitality until now. Investigating. The second I've not seen before. Maybe I can put a check in place against it.

Rikiki

I never saw the harpoon error myself. It is in the Fish Industry mod if you are looking for its definition.

GrumpyGrobby

Thank you Orion for this wonderful mod.   EdB Mods and this are the only things I consider "must haves' and I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into keeping this current!  ;D ;D ;D

Orion

Quote from: GrumpyGrobby on June 20, 2016, 04:54:22 PM
Thank you Orion for this wonderful mod.   EdB Mods and this are the only things I consider "must haves' and I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into keeping this current!  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks! That's always nice to hear!

Orion

Quote from: notfood on June 18, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
Quote from: BandOfDog on June 17, 2016, 07:52:23 PM
Ok I have a few errors which involve Hospitality Mod so thought I'd post them here just to make sure these aren't the ones causing the non raiding situation!

Here's both of them http://imgur.com/a/BrNiw

What's the source of this error? I get it too often as well. Is it a config problem of the HardcoreSK pack or something else?

Okay, I went after these two.

The first one is caused by the Norbal mod. Their PawnGroupMakers are not set up right and should be compared with a faction that does work correctly.

The second one is indeed caused by the harpoon definition, from the fish industry mod (as Rikki pointed out). I tried to track down the problem but it's a hellish breadcrump trail through nasty RimWorld code. I did find out that the StockGenerator_WeaponsRanged does not provide any stuff to make things with, while the Harpoon is considered to be made of stuff. But so are other guns, so I can't tell why it does it like that and usually works. It does not seem to be an issue caused by Hospitality, since it just runs the core code for generating traders.

This is as far as I'm willing to go and now my brain hurts :P

notfood

Thank you. You answered my question. So it's a config issue, hm...

Nynzal

Awesome mod, I really like it!
I noticed that when I set one of the visitors to "try to recruit" ( default improve relationship ) that after a failed attempt to recruit, the marker switches back to default. Maybe this is intended, but I think it would be handy if it satays on recruiting and the default just applies for new visitors.
I'm using several other mods, but I wanted to ask first, if this is intended ;)
Winter is coming

Orion

Quote from: Nynzal on June 25, 2016, 08:10:51 PM
Awesome mod, I really like it!
I noticed that when I set one of the visitors to "try to recruit" ( default improve relationship ) that after a failed attempt to recruit, the marker switches back to default. Maybe this is intended, but I think it would be handy if it satays on recruiting and the default just applies for new visitors.
I'm using several other mods, but I wanted to ask first, if this is intended ;)
This is not intended and I haven't seen it myself yet!

DariusWolfe

So, I was really excited to try this mod, but it's honestly been more of a pain in the ass than a benefit.

Aside from some bugs that may or may not be related to Hospitality (trade is now completely broken; I cannot trade with anyone, though the interaction persists,)plus some incompatibilities between Fuzzy's Work mod (doesn't seem to like "Negotiate?") that causes things to be really wonky, it's just been a relationship death spiral.

Despite chances to improve relations being approximately 2:1 (67 seems to be the most common improve chance, 34 seems to be the most common decrease chance) the net effect for my skill 13 Negotiator has been a downward trend to the point that my only two trade allies seem destined to become enemies. This is with a constant supply of Fine meals, lots of beautiful furnishings, guest bedrooms that are fairly well appointed. They usually leave with the "hospitality" bar pretty high, but it's almost always a loss of faction relationship, even when it seemed that most social interactions ended up being positive.

Am I the only one? Am I just unlucky, or am I doing something wrong?

Orion

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 03, 2016, 11:27:40 PM
Am I the only one? Am I just unlucky, or am I doing something wrong?

This sounds like something else is going wrong. If the bar is high, you should get a boost. Are you using the latest version? Do you get any errors in your console?

DariusWolfe

Unless you updated it within the last few days, I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version, yes.

I'm not sure how to tell if it's generating errors in the console. Do they pop up, or would I need to look somewhere? If the latter, I'll need to play some more, as the no trade thing was killing my campaign, so I went ahead and built a ship.

Orion

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 04, 2016, 11:29:03 AM
I'm not sure how to tell if it's generating errors in the console.

You have to enable developer mode in the options. If you then get an actual error, the console will pop up. The important stuff is red. You can click the red lines and some extra information about that error will show. Usually the most important errors show first (sometimes already in the menu). If you get any, please screenshot them with the extra information and post them here.

Bluberius

Hi,

first, thank you for creating this mod. Maybe you can help me with the problem i have.

I tried adding the mod to an existing game with some other mods. The problem is that after loading the game it somehow moved every priority after "negotiate" one box to the right.

The big problem is that this made the robots from this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 useless. The hauling bot now tells me "... is not a hauler"

Do you have any Idea what caused this and how to prevent it?
I also attacked a picture of the console right after loading an existing savegame which was created without Hospitality.

Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Chaos_Therum

Hey so is it possible to add different types of visitor beds that add more hospitality points. I was wonder for the modpack I'm helping with I wanted to add a couple tiers to ties it in with clutter mod.

DariusWolfe

I'd really love to see Visitor Beds just be a setting for regular beds, like medical and prisoner beds.