[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos_Therum

Yeah that would be great then it makes the visitor happier based on quality material and whatnot.

DariusWolfe

Visitor beds have quality already, don't they? I just wish I could switch beds around as necessary, rather than having to build completely separate ones.

Orion

Quote from: Bluberius on July 13, 2016, 01:26:41 PM
I tried adding the mod to an existing game with some other mods. The problem is that after loading the game it somehow moved every priority after "negotiate" one box to the right.

Hm. The work priorities stay an ongoing PITA. The core game stores them by number and not by type. So if a new worktype gets inserted, stuff gets messed up. I added a check that goes through all colonists, and disables worktypes that they can't do. Most likely this hits your robots, because their story says they can't haul, while their code probably turned hauling on for them.

I've uploaded a version for you that does not make this check. But keep in mind that the versions after this will have it again.

Quote from: Chaos_Therum on July 13, 2016, 04:14:02 PM
Hey so is it possible to add different types of visitor beds that add more hospitality points. I was wonder for the modpack I'm helping with I wanted to add a couple tiers to ties it in with clutter mod.
You can of course add more beds. If the beds are higher quality, the guests will have a better time.

The next version of the mod will (finally) make guests also care about the quality of the room.

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 13, 2016, 06:40:09 PM
I'd really love to see Visitor Beds just be a setting for regular beds, like medical and prisoner beds.
Me too. Unfortunately getting this to work is ridiculously difficult. I already spent several days trying but got nowhere so far. Beds are horribly hardcoded into RimWorld.

Bluberius

Quote from: Orion on July 14, 2016, 09:11:17 AM
Quote from: Bluberius on July 13, 2016, 01:26:41 PM
I tried adding the mod to an existing game with some other mods. The problem is that after loading the game it somehow moved every priority after "negotiate" one box to the right.

Hm. The work priorities stay an ongoing PITA. The core game stores them by number and not by type. So if a new worktype gets inserted, stuff gets messed up. I added a check that goes through all colonists, and disables worktypes that they can't do. Most likely this hits your robots, because their story says they can't haul, while their code probably turned hauling on for them.

I've uploaded a version for you that does not make this check. But keep in mind that the versions after this will have it again.

Thank you, but sadly this didn't fix it. The work priorities of the bots also got shifted one job to the right. This meant that the haulingbot was cleaning and the cleaningbot began with research  :D

For anyone encoutering the same problem, do this:

• Open your savefile with a text editor
  • search for "<priorities>". You should find a list of "<li>X</li>" with X beeing a number between 0 and 4.
  • cut out the 6th entry and insert it at the end of the list.
  • repeat this for all lists of priorities in your savefile.

DariusWolfe

QuoteThe next version of the mod will (finally) make guests also care about the quality of the room.

...this isn't already the case? Damned placebo effect. I've been sprucing up my Guest rooms, and it's been seeming to work.

Also, the problem I was reporting above, about truly horrible results with trying to improve relationships doesn't appear to be happening on my new colony, so I can't give you any errors that might be occurring. My new "Face" is also Beautiful and non-combat, so no scars that might be affecting social interactions. My rolls have been in the 80-100 range, and relationships with foreign colonies have been steadily increasing.

Edit: Also, the trade bug, it turns out, was related to having a prisoner in a Cryptosleep bed, unrelated to Hospitality.

Orion

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 14, 2016, 02:04:56 PM
QuoteThe next version of the mod will (finally) make guests also care about the quality of the room.

...this isn't already the case? Damned placebo effect. I've been sprucing up my Guest rooms, and it's been seeming to work.

Also, the problem I was reporting above, about truly horrible results with trying to improve relationships doesn't appear to be happening on my new colony, so I can't give you any errors that might be occurring. My new "Face" is also Beautiful and non-combat, so no scars that might be affecting social interactions. My rolls have been in the 80-100 range, and relationships with foreign colonies have been steadily increasing.

Edit: Also, the trade bug, it turns out, was related to having a prisoner in a Cryptosleep bed, unrelated to Hospitality.
Sorry for spoiling it for you. The person you use for socializing matters a lot. Abrasive is a relationship killer and beautiful makes it pretty easy. I'm glad everything works well for you now.

DariusWolfe

Me too, considering I was having such a bad time on it that I was ready to give up on the mod after my first go 'round. I'm glad I gave it a second shot with a fresh save, as it's been a great little addition to gameplay.

Additionally, your username rocks. It's my favorite constellation, and my oldest son's name.

Orion

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 14, 2016, 02:47:57 PM
Me too, considering I was having such a bad time on it that I was ready to give up on the mod after my first go 'round. I'm glad I gave it a second shot with a fresh save, as it's been a great little addition to gameplay.

Additionally, your username rocks. It's my favorite constellation, and my oldest son's name.
It does! It is my favorite Metallica track and back when I used to play a lot of competitive games, I always associated with the god of hunting ;)

bewby

So quick question, this mod is available in the steam workshop already, however here you have it as [a13] is this working with 14?

notfood

The a14 version seems to be ticking with an error in console constantly.

Exception ticking Engie: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Hospitality.GuestUtility.IsGuest (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.ThoughtWorker_Expectations.CurrentStateInternal (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtWorker.CurrentState (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.TryCreateSituationalThought (RimWorld.ThoughtDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.CheckRecalculateSituationalThoughtsAffectingMoodState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.SituationalThoughtHandler.get_SituationalThoughtsAffectingMood () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.get_Thoughts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.DistinctThoughtGroups () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThoughtHandler.TotalMood () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Mood.get_CurInstantLevel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Seeker.NeedInterval () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Need_Mood.NeedInterval () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_NeedsTracker.NeedsTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Orion

Quote from: bewby on July 15, 2016, 03:51:12 PM
So quick question, this mod is available in the steam workshop already, however here you have it as [a13] is this working with 14?
This version is not A14 yet, wile the steam workshop version is.

Quote from: notfood on July 15, 2016, 08:21:47 PM
The a14 version seems to be ticking with an error in console constantly.
Sorry. I can't reproduce it. Seems like a mod conflict. What other mods are you using?

Orion

Changelog
1.14 - 16.07.2016
- updated for A14
- tweak: visitors get less cheap different items
- visitors now get thoughts from the quality of their rooms

Here's the A14 version! Enjoy!

DariusWolfe

Is this already on Steam? I haven't gotten a decent setup for guests yet (so they mostly hang out in the wilderness, then thank me for my hospitality) so I can't tell if the changes are already live in my game.

Der Failer

There seems to be a problem with this mod and the vanilla tribe scenario (the other two same to be fine). This only happens if pawns have noting to do. I've test this with only CCL and Hospitality activ.
Vulture threw exception while determining job (main): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalNeedPercentageAbove.Satisfied (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.DetermineNextJob (Verse.ThinkTreeDef& thinkTree) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=

Warforyou

Wow, you have to fix recruitment chance or something... My colonists with 12 social skill recruit almost any guest in seconds!  :D