[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: 123nick on July 19, 2016, 04:56:33 AM
hey, is it intentional that it is impossible too try too recruit people from escape pods? in the guest tab, it just looks like this:
It's a bit of a rare and tricky case that I never bothered getting to work. Technically they're not visitors, which makes it difficult.

123nick

Quote from: Orion on July 19, 2016, 10:04:06 AM
Quote from: 123nick on July 19, 2016, 04:56:33 AM
hey, is it intentional that it is impossible too try too recruit people from escape pods? in the guest tab, it just looks like this:
It's a bit of a rare and tricky case that I never bothered getting to work. Technically they're not visitors, which makes it difficult.

oh :( will it ever be come possible too make them recruitable? maybe have them leave the map, then come back too the colony as a visitor?

Warforyou

Quote from: 123nick on July 19, 2016, 11:02:32 AM
oh :( will it ever be come possible too make them recruitable? maybe have them leave the map, then come back too the colony as a visitor?

You can just capture them and, well, force them to join Colony :)
Or die

The only problem that irritates me is the visitors keep drinking all my beer
Is there any way to KEEP THEM OFF MY BEER??

123nick

Quote from: Warforyou on July 19, 2016, 11:20:44 AM

Or die

but capturing them is mean. i dont want too capture them, i want too rescue them, like good guys, and not bad guys. also, i dont like having too dedicate a room for a prisoner.

retep998

FluffyTabs is giving me this warning regarding this mod.

Prismaa

Is it normal that visitors leaves usually multiple items as gift when they leave? and by that I mean lets say message says that they left me One pistol as gift, but they drop like 3-5 pistols on ground, each with identical stats/damage states. Had one visitor drop me 4 miniguns :D

Orion

Quote from: Warforyou on July 19, 2016, 11:20:44 AM

Or die

I kinda consider it RimWorld's problem, that rescued spacers just run off like everyone else, while they sort of feel like they were meant as gifts for the player.

Letting guests drink your beer is just good form. And a side product of letting them do whatever they please inside your base. I always thought of this as a feature :)

Quote from: retep998 on July 19, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
Thanks! I have no clue what it means, but I'll investigate.

Quote from: Prismaa on July 19, 2016, 04:21:29 PM
Is it normal that visitors leaves usually multiple items as gift when they leave? and by that I mean lets say message says that they left me One pistol as gift, but they drop like 3-5 pistols on ground, each with identical stats/damage states. Had one visitor drop me 4 miniguns :D
It's normal to leave multiple gifts... but I suppose bringing a whole arsenal of identical guns is not. I'll have to look into this. Thanks!

Torchwood2002

BUG:

Apparently, this mod causes my colonists to never rest. Their actual "Rest" meter (in the needs tab) only drains when I am actively looking at it.

mcduff

Has the "vanishing corpses" bug been addressed?

masterinire

Quote from: retep998 on July 19, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
Thanks! I have no clue what it means, but I'll investigate.

- Hi!

In the Defs\WorkGiverDefs\WorkGivers.xml file a <label> value needs to be added. FluffyTabs looks for these labels.

Here is an example of a xml section from Latta's NoCleaningPlease WorkGivers.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<WorkGivers>

<WorkGiverDef>
        <defName>CleanFilth</defName>
        <label>clean filth</label>
        <giverClass>LT.WorkGiver_CleanFilth_NCP</giverClass>
        <workType>Cleaning</workType>
        <verb>clean</verb>
        <gerund>cleaning</gerund>
        <priorityInType>5</priorityInType>
        <requiredCapacities>
            <li>Manipulation</li>
        </requiredCapacities>
    </WorkGiverDef>

</WorkGivers>

Orion

Quote from: Torchwood2002 on July 20, 2016, 11:46:41 AM
BUG:

Apparently, this mod causes my colonists to never rest. Their actual "Rest" meter (in the needs tab) only drains when I am actively looking at it.
This is a mod conflict. I need to know your error messages in order to do something about it.

Quote from: mcduff on July 20, 2016, 11:51:19 AM
Has the "vanishing corpses" bug been addressed?
This is a mod conflict. I need to know your error messages in order to do something about it.

I should put this sentence in my signature...

Quote from: masterinire on July 20, 2016, 12:00:33 PM
helpful stuff
Thanks, I've already fixed it for the next version.

yeahchris

Hello. Having a few issues with this mod. A particular faction decided to visit me about four different times during toxic fallout and in so doing dropped the faction relation score from 90-something down to about 10. That doesn't seem reasonable.

Is there a console command/save game edit or some such thing that I can use to fix this, as I think it's silly that they're bitching about the fact that they wandered around in radiation when I had no ability to stop them from doing this?

Second, until recently I had no guest beds and as a result they tended to just sleep on the floor of the social room I have set up with copious social objects, etc. Every time they visted me they loved me. I figured that they would love me more if I created guest beds adjoining said game room. Now they tend to wander around the hallway between the guest rooms and the game room, and they don't enjoy their visits.

How can I make them use the freely available joy objects? I thought making guest rooms was supposed to make them like me more, not less.

yeahchris

Figured out the save game edit. Still needs to be a mechanic to deal with something like this. Perhaps the ability to disallow visitors for a small relation penalty rather than them showing up, getting themselves irradiated, and then leaving with you suffering a 20-30 point faction relation penalty with no way to avoid it.

Edit: And still having issues. Guests typically arrive, fill up hospitality meter and then sit around not using any joy objects and sleeping in their masterwork beds while the hospitality meter steadily dwindles. Makes no sense at all. When they leave they say they didn't have a good time and I take a huge relations hit. Seems kinda broken. Going to have to uninstall, since at this rate I'm going to end up having all the factions hostile to me because they wont play with the toys I've given them. That's kinda dumb. It's all made weirder by the fact that when I had almost no amenities set up for them they consistently had a great time and dropped tons of gifts. This is a great idea for a mod, but I think tweaks are needed before it is really usable. It should take a serious breach of ethics before visitors' factions get into the negatives with you. IE robbing and murdering them.

Furthermore, I take it performing joy actions raises the hospitality meter. Problem is, AI determines whether they perform a joy action on the joy meter, so it's entirely possible (likely, even) for an AI guest to not do the actions which will keep his hospitality meter raised because his joy meter is already full. That needs to be sorted out, otherwise whether they have a good time will be more of a dice roll than anything else. The lack of joy objects when I first started probably worked in my favor earlier, as they would show up and only get to use it right before they left. Now they show up, get to use it right away, and then by the time they're about to leave their hospitality meter has dropped to nada.

Personal opinion, hospitality meter should not drop at all. Unless they get in a fight with a colonist. It should grade you based upon a checklist rather than a meter which is constantly going up and down based upon arbitrary actions the NPC visitors take. IE it should check: Did they get a bed? Were they able to use a joy object? Did they get to have a positive social interaction with a colonist? Etc. It should not matter when during the visit these things took place. The only reason the meter should drop is negative social interactions or things which should be available which are not.

The mod should check whether the above conditions were fulfilled and shouldn't be grading you on how close to the end of the visit they were fulfilled. So, hospitality meter should not drop.

Orion

I can look into stopping visitors from coming duration a radiation event.

About the guest room problem: I don't exactly know what's going wrong there. Do note, though, that with the wealth of your base and your relationship with the faction, their expectations go up as well.

Orion

Changelog

1.14d - 21.07.2016
- fix: a few errors in rare cases
- tweaked: visitor items

I hope I managed to address some of the more frequent issues you guys are having. We'll see.