[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: That Homeless Guy on July 24, 2016, 11:49:02 AM
Been using this mod it's great but there are a few criticisms to make.

1) It has created alot of failed to get name errors for factions and even the world generator.
2) It seems that not murdering them for showing up in your freezer and eating all your stuff is enough to consider it an amazing reception. Even when you recruit 2 dudes from one party the guy leaving on his own seems delighted with you.
If you get errors, it's very likely you're encountering a mod conflict. If you report the errors, I can check if I can do anything about it.
That guy probably had all your beer and didn't really like the other two anyway.

Quote from: Warforyou on July 25, 2016, 07:06:25 AM
STOP
DRINKING
MY
BEER
Never!

Orion

Changelog
1.14e - 25.07.2016
- fix: expectations problem (hopefully for good this time)
- tweak: capped tech level of visitor items (one higher than their own)
- tweak: lowered max visitor stuff
- visitors will now not arrive during toxic fallout or raid

123nick

Quote from: Orion on July 25, 2016, 10:24:33 AM
Changelog
1.14e - 25.07.2016
- fix: expectations problem (hopefully for good this time)
- tweak: capped tech level of visitor items (one higher than their own)
- tweak: lowered max visitor stuff
- visitors will now not arrive during toxic fallout or raid

cool :) have you thought of making escape pod people have a guest tab aswell? you said it would be difficult, but i think it could be possible in some way? maybe they leave, and then they come back as a wanderer joining event? also, is it possible for us too configure the ammount of stuff visitors have and the tech level of things they give us?

taha

Using your mod and "more faction spawn mod" together has turned my base in a war zone, and managed to "boost" my negative reputation with all to -100. Not that I mind, more raids = more loot and more food.

Add to that the fact that I play on Ice Sheet, -90 Celsius is the average temperature (002s map seed if anyone wants to check it). A lot of visitors don't even make it to guest room => -5 reputation :) for each.

I believe what you had in mind when you made that mod, was a way to improve the relationships between various factions. Well, it did not worked quite well for me, but I fkn love how it turned out.

I use your mod since A12, and I think was only polite write a couple of words to thank you for it.
Yes, I'm not using it in the way you intended to be used, but hey... I am a bad host and I must be... umm... punished, right? :)

Thank you.

Orion

Quote from: taha on July 25, 2016, 12:43:28 PM

I believe what you had in mind when you made that mod, was a way to improve the relationships between various factions. Well, it did not worked quite well for me, but I fkn love how it turned out.

I use your mod since A12, and I think was only polite write a couple of words to thank you for it.
Yes, I'm not using it in the way you intended to be used, but hey... I am a bad host and I must be... umm... punished, right? :)

Thank you.
I'm glad you are enjoying it... I guess. One way or the other.

Quote from: 123nick on July 25, 2016, 10:31:59 AM
cool :) have you thought of making escape pod people have a guest tab aswell? you said it would be difficult, but i think it could be possible in some way? maybe they leave, and then they come back as a wanderer joining event? also, is it possible for us too configure the ammount of stuff visitors have and the tech level of things they give us?

I've thought about it, but so far I didn't feel like it would justify the amount of work and the risk for new bugs.

The tech level is now capped to that of the visiting faction +1. It's not possible to customise the amount right now. The amount is based on your relationship with the other faction.

Jozay

French translations :
- Hospitality
- EPOE
- More Vanilla Turret
- Colony Manager
- etc.
Feel free to MP me if you search a translator !
My GitHub repositorie

Orion

Oh, nice! I'll put a link to it on the front page.
You could wrap it as a mod and upload it to Steam. If you add Hospitality as a requirement and people load it first, it should work. Otherwise, using it with the Steam version will not work (and I don't have the time to keep including it with the mod).

Jozay

I'll think about it. (I never uploaded anything on the steam workshop ^^ )

Feel free to merge it on your steam workshop, if you want to, and if you have time ;)

French translations :
- Hospitality
- EPOE
- More Vanilla Turret
- Colony Manager
- etc.
Feel free to MP me if you search a translator !
My GitHub repositorie

Orion

The reason why I won't merge is because if I make changes to Hospitality, I can't fix the translation. But I do seem responsible for it then. So I have to keep checking when you have fixed it, integrate the new translation and release another update.
And if there will be more languages, I have to do the same for all of them.

I rather invest my time in what I'm good at - adding features, new mods, bugfixes...

Zapp Brannigan

Getting an error when trying to download the latest version, anyone else getting this?

*EDIT* Never mind, it was an issue with dropbox, seems solved on their side now.

Gfurst

Can you still not recruit people who you rescue, eg from falling pods or other without needing to capture them first?

NalyKalZul

have there been any reports to this mod in the fact that it allows guest still keep stealing food?
it keeps happening after they give out there bonus from staying "if it was a nice stay" and more often then not they bolt to my damm fridge to steal food again.
i get crappy meals and they start devouring my good meals and steal more for the go sometimes to boot.
i can confirm this only happens if any guests give up there last bits of food like this.

while i do run a small list of mods, i did do some testing with my list, and as soon as i disabled this mod i don't see said thieving bastards anymore.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: NalyKalZul on July 29, 2016, 07:06:30 PMguest still keep stealing food

I think that's a feature? As in, you say stealing, they say "accepting hospitality".

Orion

Quote from: Gfurst on July 29, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Can you still not recruit people who you rescue, eg from falling pods or other without needing to capture them first?
Nope.

Quote from: NalyKalZul on July 29, 2016, 07:06:30 PM
have there been any reports to this mod in the fact that it allows guest still keep stealing food?
Once or twice. But I think it's hilarious :P
Maybe one day I'll add that you can forbid some doors for guests.

NalyKalZul

Quote from: DariusWolfe on July 29, 2016, 07:21:45 PM
Quote from: NalyKalZul on July 29, 2016, 07:06:30 PMguest still keep stealing food

I think that's a feature? As in, you say stealing, they say "accepting hospitality".

could there at-least be an option then for me to block them out of the colony's kitchen, i would not mind building a small sub-freezer to be added onto the guest lodge so they can grab food from there if need be.
i also would not mind seeing a similar no go zones for visitors animals, it just means we need to add a small food pen to the same building for our guests.

something along the lines of a guest home zone and animal zone.