[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithling

Yay update, thanks Orion! 

Wait a minute... awww, you tweaked it  :P

Fregrant

1.17c seems to be incompatible with Smarter Food Selection, unlike 1.17a? Anyone else used it together?

Orion

Didn't smarter food selection cause animals to attack guests in A16? I don't think the latest update has changed anything in regards to compatibility.

What makes you think they are not working together now?

Fregrant

Because they both had a nasty red error. But I think it is not the cause.
So, I found that latest Hospitality and Zombieland mods, activated together, give the error. Even after game relaunch.
[HugsLib][ERR] Hospitality caused an exception during LoadReloadInitialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Hospitality.Hospitality_SpecialInjector.InjectTab (System.Type tabType, System.Func`2 qualifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Hospitality_SpecialInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.DetourInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.DetourInjector.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.LoadReloadInitialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Love

Quote from: Orion on June 10, 2017, 01:18:10 PM
Didn't smarter food selection cause animals to attack guests in A16? I don't think the latest update has changed anything in regards to compatibility.

How bizarre. I don't entirely understand why Hospitality has so many unexpected compatibility problems.

Brrainz

Quote from: Love on June 10, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

How bizarre. I don't entirely understand why Hospitality has so many unexpected compatibility problems.
Because it still uses detours instead if Harmony patches (as you can see in the error message with Zombieland)?

Love

Quote from: pardeike on June 10, 2017, 06:30:49 PM
Quote from: Love on June 10, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

Because it still uses detours instead if Harmony patches (as you can see in the error message with Zombieland)?

Smarter Food Selection uses HugsLib, which I believe uses Harmony's methodology for patching.

bolbies

@Orion: Sorry for the late reply, but no there were no errors. I downloaded the 1.17c version and visitors seem to be working properly now. Thank you for everything!

Orion

@Fregrant: Incompatibility with Zombieland is a known issue (see OP). And it's not something I'm willing to look into, because Zombieland patches all over the place, from what I can tell with a quick glance.

@pardeike: The error message is either outdated (A16) or misleading. Hospitality is using Harmony patching since A17.

notfood

Keep up the good work! Thank you for the mod!

Brrainz

@Orion: I can have a look at the cooperation between our mods and I hope that if I find something that is easy to fix and can point you to where, you might consider changing in your mod. It's mostly defensive null checking since zombies don't have all the capabilities as a normal pawn but could also totally be my own problem :)

Orion

@pardeike: I'm absolutely open to changes that will improve compatibility. I don't see how the gameplay of both mods goes together well, but that's up to the player to decide.
Let me know if you find anything.

@Love: Using HugLibs is not indicative for using Harmony. But then, using Harmony also doesn't mean there won't be conflicts. Generally, there just will be less errors (which cause very obvious problems, most of the time). So stuff that breaks is more subtle.

LeninTheRed

Got the following error which i think matches an error posted by user Henk a few pages ago

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentDef.TargetAllowed (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.TryFire (RimWorld.FiringIncident fi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Heres my log

https://gist.github.com/a318990499045e97fd6facc6cb199b31

Im using the following mods:

Loaded mods:
Core: (no assemblies)
HugsLib[3.1.0]: 0Harmony(1.0.9.1), HugsLib(0.17.0.0)
Additional Joy Objects: AdditionalJoyObjects(1.0.0.0)
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0: (no assemblies)
More Furniture (A17): (no assemblies)
More Vanilla Turrets: (no assemblies)
Hospitality: $HugsLibChecker(0.3.0.0), Hospitality(0.17.3.0)

Im not sure when it started exactly, but I paid 3 factions to send me some bulk goods traders and I got massive, sudden lag shortly after they arrived, much more than usual (i order 3-4 caravans that arrive simultaneously, it lags but nothing like this).  The lag persisted even after the traders left.  I've tried everything to fix it, i deleted and merged a bunch of my stockpiles, reduced the number of animals i had by over half, sent away colonists.   I used debug tools to mess with teh storyteller, spawn items, cause incidents, i used "destroy all things" on the map and the error repeats itself thousands of times per second even with literally nothing on the map.

i tried flipping other mods on and off and im nearly certain hospitality is the culprit.  The error doesn't occur on a new colony either.  At some point in the very late game, or under certain conditions, i think hospitality is going haywire.

I hope I can figure out for sure because this is my favorite mod and I want to include it in my reroll colony, but not if this is gonna happen again.  This colony is a wash I think though.

Not complaining, this is a great mod!

Festen

Hello;

could you try to add to your hospitality mod a function that can make the guest help you with menial task like hauling, cutting, or building if your score is high enough  ?

Thanks in advance

Orion

@LeninTheRed: The only way I can see that this happens is if you abandon a base that was scheduled to receive visitors (or any other incident).
Did you do that before it happened? The issue is entirely vanilla code. Once it happens, your game is corrupted and it doesn't matter what you do. Unless you edit the save file and remove the queued incident.

@Festen: I tried to do this, but back then it couldn't get it to work.