Epic (not really) battle: 102 colonists vs 80 raiders and no turrets

Started by Lechai, November 17, 2013, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lechai

Hi Everyone,

Here is my current colony, currently sitting at an exciting 102 colonists. I wonder if I'm the first nut-job to reach that milestone.

Then i saw this land, i think i counted it correctly at 80 raiders:

Tensions are high as they enter the kill zone...
at this point I have to draft my colonists in 2 batches as i have too many to do at once.

The order to engage is given.   FIRE!

With the ground stained red, its time to start the cleanup and endless hauling.
At this point, about 15 colonists start to freak out with all corpses lying around.

Hope you all enjoyed the ridiculousness...

Lechai

General Lynore

That is an epic battle! How did you manage to get so many colonists? How long did it take you? What storyteller are you using?

Lechai

Randy Random, and been playing this game on and off since about a day after the pre-alpha launched

The Deeping Wall

Wow, nice job.
I was playing on classic for 200+ days and kept wondering why I was stuck at 17 colonists facing 164# waves. I switched the mode from classic to randy and it jumped to 70+.

Lechai

I just realized i actually have a turret sitting in the corner... maybe kept as an antique or as a symbol of darker times?

Pendryn

Quote from: Lechai on November 17, 2013, 07:45:10 PM
I just realized i actually have a turret sitting in the corner... maybe kept as an antique or as a symbol of darker times?

Hah, remove the power to it and set up a monument.
Reticulating all the splines.

Ender

That is a really insane battle, did you lose anyone? and as a side question seeing as you mentioned changing the types of game AI, i know probably been answered in some obscure place, but how do you change the game type from says cassandra to Random Randy? or any other AI to any other?
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

ShadowDragon8685

I wouldn't call that an epic battle so much as a truly epic suicide-by-settler.

Those numpties must be maniacs to march straight over a rubble field into the line of fire of that many crazed gunners. I hope you captured many pristine R-4 charge rifles. :)
Raiders must die!

Lechai

@ Ender - No i didn't loose any colonists. I'm not sure how to, but i remember there is an ini file or something where you change to random for your save, look around the forums or do a search for it.

@ShadowDragon8685 - Ive actually stopped giving my colonists R4 rifles, I've found making a mix between M24's M16's and R4's gives the best defense.
This is because all 3 have high DPS but at different ranges. When i had everyone with the same weapon they would all unload at the same target and waste firepower on overkill. This overkill then lands on the rubble, destroying it, and giving the raiders a spot to shoot back from while in cover.

Semmy

Yup thats what i found out aswell.
Different rifles make for better defense. I even have some equipped with shotguns for the games in wich i fall back into the interior base. They hide and lurk behind corners blasting raiders to pieces.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Ender

Quote from: Lechai on November 25, 2013, 01:09:41 AM
@ Ender - No i didn't loose any colonists. I'm not sure how to, but i remember there is an ini file or something where you change to random for your save, look around the forums or do a search for it.

yep, thanks i did an actual search, not using the search bar and found someone that had the right string to use. im now a happy mass murderer of Raiders! (especially now that i can get to them, personally having C++ experience i can change really anything in there, i saw all the resource locations (easily changeable)  now time to go "sandbox" mode and make a raider murdering Base! >:D
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Lechai

Quote from: Semmy on November 25, 2013, 01:13:50 AM
Yup thats what i found out aswell.
Different rifles make for better defense. I even have some equipped with shotguns for the games in wich i fall back into the interior base. They hide and lurk behind corners blasting raiders to pieces.

One battle i accidently had a defender with moltov's (leftover from emptying graves) and he quite quickly set half my defensive walls on fire. This did nothing to the invaders, but DID injure quite a few firefighters afterwards.