[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

«Temple»

I miss the agave gel healing from the Alpha 6 version of this mod. :-[

Sir_W_Scott

Is it just me or do the advance prosthesis not work?
"Recruitment failed 1% chance"
Prisoner recruitment. What it feels like:
http://sketchtoy.com/66370283

The human meals doesn't help.
« By A Friend »

Mechanoid Hivemind

Why arnt my pawns prioritizing construction. If i have em set for just construction they wont do it and i have things i need to do, nothing is getting built unless i force them to do so. Please help
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Khaotix

Having quite a few errors starting this mod up by itself, does this mod have an dependencies?

[attachment deleted due to age]

mathwizi2005

This mod is standalone and we recommend using v0712 on Alpha 11b or later
(I am currently running it on Alpha 11d with no issues)

The13thRonin

Is Abrexus running this project? I had a question about the code and potentially using some of SC in a mod-pack (but altered) if possible.

Khaotix

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on August 10, 2015, 12:49:53 AM
This mod is standalone and we recommend using v0712 on Alpha 11b or later
(I am currently running it on Alpha 11d with no issues)

Yeah, I'm using the v0712 Version with Alpha 11b. Though I have a friend who is using it also and he is running it without problems. I've Tried Re-downloading/re-extracting it in-case if it were corrupted and it's not the case. Additionally We're both running Windows 10. so I don't think it's the New O.S. Causing the problem. Anyways, thanks for the help.

CRPOV

After raising wall health via the Construction research, I can't repair the walls.

DAOWAce

Quote from: Thorbane on August 07, 2015, 04:27:49 AM
Would it be possible to allow placement of doors, vents and coolers over walls?
Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on August 07, 2015, 04:34:49 AM
The placement of doors and vents over walls was removed to save from the possibility of wasting resources, if I remember correctly.
So instead people have to manually deconstruct walls and expose the area to the outside, turning your freezer into a furnace, or vice versa.

The tiny amount of material lost from overwriting the wall is miniscule in comparison to the frustration caused from this design choice.  This is why vanilla operates the way it does, and almost everyone converting over expects it to work the same. Hell, you can't even put lights onto a wall to convert them to lit walls, you need to deconstruct and reconstruct all over again, wasting time, and steel (if already having a conduit in it), in the process.

From an ease of use (and anti-frustration) perspective, this should be changed to vanilla function, along with the addition of lit walls, if possible.

The13thRonin

Please keep updating this mod. It is amazing... :)

Othobrithol

From peeking around the defs it seems that all those things (except lighted walls) do if fact have the right tags to be built over walls, but that oddly  the mod has a second type of wall (displayed "wall" but def'd as "SCWall") that is actually what we are constructing. Maybe the game is coded specifically to only allow building over (defname) "walls" and the "scwalls" don't register? All the other walls are subclasses of the original "wall", but scwall inherits from buildingbase.

If I am correct, it can be fixed by simply changing the defname to "wall" but the effect would be to make the save unplayable as your base would be built out of now-undefined scwalls.

Sir_W_Scott

Hey guys... is anyone else having trouble installing advance prosthesis (and or plasteel dentures..)  :(
P.S. no one in my colony has ears or noses because of this... its very odd :c
"Recruitment failed 1% chance"
Prisoner recruitment. What it feels like:
http://sketchtoy.com/66370283

The human meals doesn't help.
« By A Friend »

Mechanoid Hivemind

Idk if you guys can see the 20 stone. But under it is 75 deer meat last i checked you cant do that storing things on top of other things. Bug maybe? just an FYI
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

TLHeart

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on August 14, 2015, 10:47:25 PM

Idk if you guys can see the 20 stone. But under it is 75 deer meat last i checked you cant do that storing things on top of other things. Bug maybe? just an FYI

not a problem with the mod, happens in vanilla also.

DAOWAce

Quote from: Othobrithol on August 12, 2015, 11:37:44 AM
From peeking around the defs it seems that all those things (except lighted walls) do if fact have the right tags to be built over walls, but that oddly  the mod has a second type of wall (displayed "wall" but def'd as "SCWall") that is actually what we are constructing. Maybe the game is coded specifically to only allow building over (defname) "walls" and the "scwalls" don't register? All the other walls are subclasses of the original "wall", but scwall inherits from buildingbase.

If I am correct, it can be fixed by simply changing the defname to "wall" but the effect would be to make the save unplayable as your base would be built out of now-undefined scwalls.
You seem to be correct.

Changing the def to Wall lets you place the objects over the walls.

Editing the save (via a text editor) and doing a replace all operation from 'SCWall' to 'Wall' lets you load the save and have everything functioning just fine.

Easy, simple, effective.

Now to find out how to make a light that can be put into walls so they become lit walls, like with conduit walls.  That or just take the easy way out and let lit walls be built over normal walls..