[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 01, 2015, 08:57:54 PM
Yea, loaded the update and it's still not showing up.  It does show up when I put god mode on.  I've only learned the first medicine, although it does say hospital bed in it, is there another level that will give me the hospital bed?  Great work on the mod by the way.

Edit:  So I kept going and after researching Chemlab the hospital bed popped up.  Not sure if that is working as intended or not.

The new file I just uploaded has the correct file.  You may have been one of the 9 or 10 who got it before I realized I put up the wrong one.  My tiredness is getting the best of me.

Baarogue

Quote from: Abrexus on April 01, 2015, 02:21:24 AM
Quote from: Baarogue on April 01, 2015, 01:24:11 AM
Perhaps at the moment it's a little too micro? It seems to me that, in vanilla, Tynan wishes to be more macro and not so fiddly about the little parts of constructed things - instead focusing on what the primary resource is when building/crafting. So, just wood to make walls instead of wood and nails and tools and the other resources you'd really need to make a dwelling. So I'm sort of using that as a baseline when I play with mods.

I know the aim with this mod is to add a bit more complexity to the equation, but if you're open to the idea of tuning the resource requirements a bit, Abraxus, I would be happy to share my impressions. Not that I'm anyone special, mind. But I do so love taking notes and even sometimes making charts. :)

Well, I said in my original post, and I will restate  - this mod may not be for everyone.  The whole point of the mod is to add a bit of complexity to the research and crafting aspect of the game, as well as extend the time it takes for you to grow your colony.  If I changed or removed the production chain, it would not really be the same mod I set out to make in the first place.

That said, I would very much enjoy conversation about balancing the build times/resource cost of items.  Included with the mod is an excel spreadsheet I use to help me with the balance aspect, but again I am very open to discussing changes on that.  I encourage you to take a look at it, and provide feedback.  Also, anyone who would like to help test, and/or share ideas, please PM me and I will be happy to provide you with the info to access my teamspeak server.  I prefer real-time conversation, as I find it much more productive than PMs or emails.

*EDIT*
I made some changes to the crafting times for both the hand-crafted and powered recipes.  This seems to have made things feel alot less grindy.  I'm going to do a bit more testing, but hope to have the updated build available later today after work.

Thanks for the adjustments. I'll check them out tomorrow. :)

I can't find the excel spreadsheet you mention here. Am I blind or is it buried in a folder I'm not looking in?

Delekhan

While we're on the topic of grindyness - probably the most vexing problem I've faced is coming up with enough sand to keep up production of other items. Even on a mountain map in the DESERT, I'm constantly short on sand, and on chunks as well. I'm actually thinking of "cheating" a bit and loading up the Omni-Gel mod, which lets you grow plants that you can turn into chunks.

I think sand should be made more accessible/easier to acquire. It's considerably more precious than plasteel in my games, for instance.

Redclaw

The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

AllenWL

Quote from: Delekhan on April 02, 2015, 01:13:12 AM
While we're on the topic of grindyness - probably the most vexing problem I've faced is coming up with enough sand to keep up production of other items. Even on a mountain map in the DESERT, I'm constantly short on sand, and on chunks as well. I'm actually thinking of "cheating" a bit and loading up the Omni-Gel mod, which lets you grow plants that you can turn into chunks.

I think sand should be made more accessible/easier to acquire. It's considerably more precious than plasteel in my games, for instance.
How about, uh, gathering sand from sand tiles or something? Like, some kind of thing that if you build on sand, you can gather sand from it or something?

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Canute on April 01, 2015, 05:01:51 PM
Sorry, BUT i don't think hydroponics should be immun to Solar flares/blight.
You got Terraform pump and mulch, you can made nice indoor farm's with that.
Maybe hydroponics are still faster, but then they should have some risk too.

These hydroponics bays are controlled environments. They shouldn't be affected by a blight in the air.
Same goes for, what I think you misunderstand my point is, a hermetically sealed room with a decontamination sluice.

Solar flares affect your electrical system, not organics. Unless you have protection against flares, your power will go off.
The game has no protection against flares, so you'll always be at risk losing your hydroponics.

I've always found hydroponics to be rather costly to make, so I never really found I wanted to build them instead of sunlamp-lit outdoor farms and focus on building other things.

oldage

In this thread it was mentioned that plasteel bars are made at the electric smelter, where there is only a bill for just plasteel (which I have in abundance, I need bars for the smithing table)

Can't find it anywhere else either or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Could it be because of a mod conflict?

Abrexus

Quote from: oldage on April 02, 2015, 07:28:20 AM
In this thread it was mentioned that plasteel bars are made at the electric smelter, where there is only a bill for just plasteel (which I have in abundance, I need bars for the smithing table)

Can't find it anywhere else either or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Could it be because of a mod conflict?

I could be...the electric smelter should have 4 recipes available.  (Make steel bars, Make plasteel bars, Smelt metal from slag, and Smelt weapon).

oldage

Quote from: Abrexus on April 02, 2015, 07:33:55 AM

I could be...the electric smelter should have 4 recipes available.  (Make steel bars, Make plasteel bars, Smelt metal from slag, and Smelt weapon).

Yeah I got these, probably the industrialization mod. Guess I'll have to buy them from a trader for the remainder of this colony :v

great mod by the way.

Telarin

Any chance of getting helmets added in to the list of items we can craft? Seems like they would be easier to craft than armor and weapons, so it makes sense to me.

Nemet

Quote from: Abrexus on April 01, 2015, 04:20:24 PM
Quote from: Nemet on April 01, 2015, 02:27:51 PM
Hello Abrexus. I have a slight problem. I would like to play with your mod and zombie apocalipse but when I add your mod its disables zombies. I may screwed up something or activated in wrong order, don't know. Yesterday I played with zombies with other mods and it worked:cyberneticstorm, glittertech, all EdB mods, turret collection + overkill, status icons, and less incident trolling.
If you would be kind to help it would be apprechiated.
PS:I'm new to modding rimworld :|

Try creating a new world....activate just the zombie mod and my mod (the EdB interface is ok as well) and see if that fixes it.  Then I would slowly add back any additional mods you may be using to see if there's a conflict.
I just found out yesterday whats the problem your mod is conflicting with glittertech and cyberstorm, but if i activate all the mods they work fine together just disables zombies, kinda weird. Anyway thanks

oldage

Quote from: Canute on April 02, 2015, 09:55:26 AM
Quote from: oldage on April 02, 2015, 07:41:58 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on April 02, 2015, 07:33:55 AM

Yeah I got these, probably the industrialization mod. Guess I'll have to buy them from a trader for the remainder of this colony :v

great mod by the way.
Did you use the lite version of industrialization ?
I don't think the standard version of industrialization are friendly with any other crafting mod.

yeah I'm using the lite version cause the standard one caused too many troubles.

cheetah2003

For those interested, I have integrated some other mods into Superior Crafting.

I'm just adding this to this mod's thread rather than starting a new one.  Abrexus is welcomed to do whatever with these files I guess?  Anyway, this brings in the mine, lathe, concrete mixer and nuke plant from Industrialization, along with the high-powered power plants from glittertech and the enhanced battery.  All of these use resources from Superior Crafting, with the exception of Titanium from glittertech.  I removed copper and aluminium from Industrialization, adding titanium and plasteel to the mining bills.  Also I added in the fuseboxes and quantum storage stuff from RT's mods.  again these will need resources from superior crafting (electronics.)  Research has been adjusted for these as well, they're there, just unlock most of the power and construction trees to open up research for the items.  High-grade steel is also present (from industrialization) along with associated smelters.  I have not resolved producing Magnetic Coils, Alpha Poly and Beta Poly.  So you will have to buy those from the Black Market trader (included in More Superior Crafting.)

All of this works fine with Zombies as well, been playing with this for a few days now, just thought I'd share my tweaks.

Recommended load order:  Prepare Carefully, Enhanced Interface, Superior Crafting, More Superior Crafting, Zombies.  Not using any other mods.

Mod found here:  https://www.pkunk.net/rimworld/MoreSuperiorCrafting.2015.04.02.7z

Edit: Almost forgot, I also put in the ceiling lights (and adjusted their cost), and a couple of the resource storage tables from Clutter.
One more edit:  The power switch mod is in this as well.

Telarin

Minor bug: When placing an automated sniper turret, the range circle shown around it is not correct. It shows only the range of the normal turret, not the 45 range of the sniper turret.

Another bug: At the Chemlab, when you have a "Create until you have x" Bill setup for artificial bones, it is counting the number of stacks of bones, rather than the actual number of bones in each stack for the total.

cheetah2003

I think there may be a conflict with Zombies afterall.  I crafted an advanced prosthetic leg, but there was no bill to install it onto a colonist.

Looking at the XML's for both, seems both are redefining "BasePawn" and "Human" which is breaking things.