[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Delekhan on April 01, 2015, 01:34:59 PM
I think the build costs and times right now are fine. We don't want to make the game too grindy. I might change the cost of making art out of stone (it's ridiculous right now) but that's it.

One thing I would really like to see is the frequency of the Blight reduced - a lot. Right now it happens on average every 20 days, which is incredibly frustrating and not fun at all. At the very least allow us to create some building that protects crops from blight in a specific radius, like the sun lamp.

Like hydroponics bays and indoor farming?

Abrexus

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 01, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
So how do those holosuites, medic dolls and such work? I wasn't able to put in a bill or interact with them when I tried.
Am I looking over something?

They are mannable objects like turrets.  You have to take control of the colonist and then right click the item and tell them to man it.  They will continue to use it until they get tired or hungry or you interrupt them.

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 01, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
Also, do you think this is compatible with 'Nu Metals'? It changes mining. For instance, instead of getting ready-to-use steel from mining compacted steel, you get iron, which you have to use with wood logs to smelt into steel.
That said, wood logs are used in a lot of recipes... Even with just your mod I had a shortage of wood pretty quickly. I don't particularly like filling up all of my outside area with planted forests. Any ideas?

Depending on the biome you start with that's part of the challenge.  Actually, you get 15/20 wood planks for 10 logs so you actually make out better in the long run.  As for mod compatibility, without looking at the mod first I would guess it would be a huge undertaking to change as I basically did the same thing they did....created a production chain.

Abrexus

I think the build costs and times right now are fine. We don't want to make the game too grindy. I might change the cost of making art out of stone (it's ridiculous right now) but that's it.

One thing I would really like to see is the frequency of the Blight reduced - a lot. Right now it happens on average every 20 days, which is incredibly frustrating and not fun at all. At the very least allow us to create some building that protects crops from blight in a specific radius, like the sun lamp.

The build costs won't change, but I reduced the time it takes to actually craft the resources, so it is much less grindy now.  I'll have that update out in a few hours.  I have a couple things left to go over before I push it out and I want to make sure I test everything as well.

Abrexus

Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 01, 2015, 01:40:46 PM

Like hydroponics bays and indoor farming?

I think this would be a great addition to the Hydroponics bays.  I can't promise I'll have that out tonight, but I will work on adding it.

Telarin

Quote from: Abrexus on March 31, 2015, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Telarin on March 31, 2015, 09:07:50 AM
One small suggestion that I would love to see added (not sure if it is even possible within the RimWorld modding framework). One of the construction levels should allow the ability to build a foundation or platform that would replace water or mud with concrete so that it can be built upon.

As for the other suggestion, you can use the Terraforming pump to achieve just what you want.  It unlocks with Agriculture IV.

Thanks, the Terraforming pump seems to work great for building on mud. Any thought to some way to pump out at least shallow water and construct over that? Even if I have to lay down some kind of stone foundation first, I would be perfectly good with that. It is just annoying when you have an underground base planned out and hit small caves full of water that mess everything up.

Delekhan

Hydroponics bays still get blight. AND if a solar flare occurs everything dies instantly, so not that great.

Nemet

Hello Abrexus. I have a slight problem. I would like to play with your mod and zombie apocalipse but when I add your mod its disables zombies. I may screwed up something or activated in wrong order, don't know. Yesterday I played with zombies with other mods and it worked:cyberneticstorm, glittertech, all EdB mods, turret collection + overkill, status icons, and less incident trolling.
If you would be kind to help it would be apprechiated.
PS:I'm new to modding rimworld :|

Abrexus

Quote from: Delekhan on April 01, 2015, 02:24:01 PM
Hydroponics bays still get blight. AND if a solar flare occurs everything dies instantly, so not that great.

I haven't uploaded the update yet.  I'll post as soon as it's ready.

Abrexus

Quote from: Nemet on April 01, 2015, 02:27:51 PM
Hello Abrexus. I have a slight problem. I would like to play with your mod and zombie apocalipse but when I add your mod its disables zombies. I may screwed up something or activated in wrong order, don't know. Yesterday I played with zombies with other mods and it worked:cyberneticstorm, glittertech, all EdB mods, turret collection + overkill, status icons, and less incident trolling.
If you would be kind to help it would be apprechiated.
PS:I'm new to modding rimworld :|

Try creating a new world....activate just the zombie mod and my mod (the EdB interface is ok as well) and see if that fixes it.  Then I would slowly add back any additional mods you may be using to see if there's a conflict.

falcon12

Hi fellow Rimworld players, I am a new player here. Well, I've been playing for about 2 months and feel good in my Rimworld abilities. I would like to try this mod. Where can I download this mod. It looks really sweet and fills some holes that the game was missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Delekhan on April 01, 2015, 02:24:01 PM
Not sure if you were replying to Abrexus because you thought his update was already out, or if you're replying to my last reply.
In case of the latter, I meant to use the hydroponics bays as a blight-free option, mod them that way. (Like Abrexus is trying to add.)
For 'indoor farming', I was thinking of special doors that would mark the room inside as blight-resistant.
I'm no modder, I don't know what is do-able. I've just got a creative mind. ::)

Abrexus

Version 2h is live!  A huge thank you to everyone who has given feedback.  The changes are listed below:

* Added hopper alert for steam generator
* Reworked the beauty factor for furniture (items scale properly based on what they're made of)
* Reworked the crafting work times for resources and items - crafting times reduced resulting in a much less "grindy" experience
* Increased the Sabre Shield to 500 from 200 HP and modified the required resources to make it
* Electronics now requires Silver and Sand - cost to make is balanced with market value

The crafting work time rework did take me alot of time, as I wanted to test each item and make sure it worked properly and felt balanced.  After playing most of the night, I can say it truly feels much better than it did before.  The next update is going to be a version 3, unless alpha 10 launches before then.  If so, I'll work first on updating the mod before adding any new features.

Savagedingo

Am I missing something about the medical bed?  I studied the Medicine and it says that my colonists can construct medical beds and also that I can plant a medicinal herb.  I am able to plant the herb but I can't find the medical bed anywhere. 

Abrexus

Quote from: Savagedingo on April 01, 2015, 08:46:22 PM
Am I missing something about the medical bed?  I studied the Medicine and it says that my colonists can construct medical beds and also that I can plant a medicinal herb.  I am able to plant the herb but I can't find the medical bed anywhere.

Try downloading the new update again.  I may have copied the wrong zip file.  It should unlock with medicine.

Savagedingo

Yea, loaded the update and it's still not showing up.  It does show up when I put god mode on.  I've only learned the first medicine, although it does say hospital bed in it, is there another level that will give me the hospital bed?  Great work on the mod by the way.

Edit:  So I kept going and after researching Chemlab the hospital bed popped up.  Not sure if that is working as intended or not.