cheetah2003

Quote from: Abrexus on April 07, 2015, 12:16:10 AM
You have to write a .dll file to unlock the recipes on research
Know of any examples of this?

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Canute on April 05, 2015, 04:47:07 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on April 04, 2015, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: Bucketsmith on April 04, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
Fertilisation means the ground becomes more fertile, which in turn means your crops take less time to grow.

Personally feel the difference isn't notable last time I played (older version), but I never really found hydroponics bays to be a lot better either.

Mulch allows you to turn normal soil into fertile soil.  Again, I didn't change the default vanilla values of soil, fertile soil, or the hydroponics bay growth rates, but it may be worth taking a look at.
Devilstrand
Soil 35.6 days
Rich soil  30.7 days
Hydroponic 19.8 days

I absolutely didn't switch up mods in my head. ::)

It's probably a lot to ask, but have you considered implementing something like the droids from Mechanical Defense 2 or MAI?
I enjoy having alternatives for mundane jobs when no colonists are great at it. The trade-off in research and material costs felt balanced in MD2, but it would require some tweaking to fit better in your research tree. ;)
On an off-note, I talked about it in the MD2 thread; ideally I'd like to see a version where you just have a base hulk for droids, that can only do hauling/cleaning, and then you research and build 'programs' and/or extensions that you have to 'surgery' into them to get them to do other tasks. In my head, it might even work nicely if you could research and create different tiers of programs/extensions that would just lock the droids at a specific skill level. As in, instead of them just starting off with 15 in a skill and being able to rapidly learn, basic droids at level 5 and having programs that only up that 5 levels per tier. So eventually you would be able to make droids with skill level 20 in something, but it would be costly in time, materials and research.
Perhaps alternative hulks that make them stronger. With 'extensions', think replacements for arms/legs like a pneumatic pickaxe, hammer&drill, wheels and tracks to make them go faster (on- and off-road), surgical kit as an arm, stunbaton to motivate prisoners...  :o

If I knew one thing about modding this game, I'd have a crack at it myself. :(

AllenWL

Love the steam boiler/generator. It's lovely. I've got 8 running and they provide most of the power in my colony.

However, could it be possible to make colonists not take things in hoppers when looking for resources? My colonists keep on getting the wood for mulch and buildings from the boiler room, so I have to keep on ordering them to put it back... I forbid it every time, but it's getting really annoying, and if I forget, well...

Abrexus

Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 07, 2015, 12:31:58 AM

something like this would be the code

public static void AddRecipeGrill()
        {
            DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("TableGrill").recipes.Add(DefDatabase<RecipeDef>.GetNamed("GroundBeef"));
        }

then you would make a call to it in the ResearchProjects.xml file.  That's how I also unlock crops  through research.

Abrexus

Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 06, 2015, 11:34:40 PM
So Abrexus.. I've noticed one mildly annoying thing going on with your mod since the beginning.

I has to do with the way <recipeMaker> is behaving within ThingDefs.  Basically what I'm seeing, is when recipes are generated in this manner, directly inside the definition of things, when you go to the crafting station and add the bill, the right side of the window, it shows things like:

10 Ingredients
60 Ingredients

While the filtering in the center is accurate to which ingredients needed, the actual readout on the right is ambiguous.  It's probably a flaw of some kind in the game's engine I guess.

However, I've worked out a work around to get the right side to properly read out like thus:

10 Plasteel bars
60 Steel bars

Basically, instead of shoving recipes into the thingdefs with <recipeMaker>, make a seperate recipe.xml and do the definitions in here in the format it desires.  You can bind the recipes to a specific crafting station here, I've found, which is nice, cuz this gives us a way to add recipes to existing crafting stations without redefining the crafting station's recipe list.  I can give you some of the mods to your files I've been working on to redo all the recipe definitions in this manner, if you want 'em.

Good catch.  I didn't realize recipemaker was doing this, and yes it must be in the way it reads it.  I'll go ahead and make the change when I update to alpha 10.  I'm pretty much done with changes at this point until the next alpha comes out (which I believe is going to be very soon.)

Thaldis

Okay okay. So what happened is the colonist lost her ear in a mining incident and did not have one on the left. On the health tab it wrote that it's missing, so I made a Bionic Ear, she was the one who made it no less. The problem is that when I try to set up the operation there isn't an option for that. I thought nothing of it at the time so I left it at that.

Then I saw that another colonist has a scar on her torso. On the Health tab I could set up the operation to remove the scar and it worked too using the green goo (Biomatter) and some medicine.

Is there anything else that is needed for Bionic operation than the ear and the Medicine pack?

Other than that I'm creating a clean install and downloading all the modzzz again.

Thaldis

Waaaaaait. I downloaded this from RimWorldNexus not from here. Maybe that's the problem?

cheetah2003

Quote from: Abrexus on April 07, 2015, 05:38:12 AM
Quote from: cheetah2003 on April 07, 2015, 12:31:58 AM

something like this would be the code

public static void AddRecipeGrill()
        {
            DefDatabase<ThingDef>.GetNamed("TableGrill").recipes.Add(DefDatabase<RecipeDef>.GetNamed("GroundBeef"));
        }

then you would make a call to it in the ResearchProjects.xml file.  That's how I also unlock crops  through research.
Fantastic!  Thanks for the info!  ^.^

badgerpendous

Anyone know of any youtubers doing Let's Plays with Superior Crafting? I saw there might be a couple on twitch, but I'm looking for YT. Thanks!

eberkain

Quote from: badgerpendous on April 07, 2015, 01:32:57 PM
Anyone know of any youtubers doing Let's Plays with Superior Crafting? I saw there might be a couple on twitch, but I'm looking for YT. Thanks!

I would like to know too.

NihilRex

I'd stream SC. but it seems to behave oddly with the droids from Mechanical Defense, and the Mending Table mod, so for the moment I'm going to skip SC.

mathwizi2005

I never stream Rimworld with out SC...like EVER.  And I'm slowly adding more mods into the mix, mainly to help with compatibility with SC (we have had a few brainstorming sessions on stream and you guys may like the Alpha 10 release)

Delekhan

How do I use the slave collar on a prisoner? I crafted one and put it in my stockpile. However there is no option to enslave the prisoner or putting on them.

Vingolf

Darcclan

Any chance we could get a exp pack that incorporates combat realism mod (also maybe the trenches/barbed wire from the defense submod), and/or the comm relay from clutter mod

also support for the locked doors part of miscellaneous mod