[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NephilimNexus

Just wanted to say thanks.  I no longer consider this mod an "option" but rather an essential part of the game, without which is simply cannot be enjoyed properly.

Peppsen

This mod is awesome, thank you so much. Keep up the great work! Also I found a few "bugs" but I'm not really sure if it's this mod or the game itself.. I somehow can't haul ranged weapons and I can't build doors, coolers, etc. on walls, I need to remove the wall first. The Alpha 10C patch should keep the colonists from relaxing socially in prisons, but when using this mod they're still doing it. Thanks again!

Savagedingo

Great work once again Abrexus.  Any word on when those expansions will be ready?  Also, will you be alerting us to when you've tested with the mods you've listed on the front page?

guedez

I didn't read the whole 22 pages in this thread, so I am sorry if this was asked before. But is there any plans on making a compatibility patch for Combat Realism for when it comes out for alpha10? I actually just assume that it is not already compatible though.

Savagedingo

Quote from: guedez on April 19, 2015, 08:17:42 AM
I didn't read the whole 22 pages in this thread, so I am sorry if this was asked before. But is there any plans on making a compatibility patch for Combat Realism for when it comes out for alpha10? I actually just assume that it is not already compatible though.

Use the search function while in this thread to look up 'combat realism'.  There are a few posts about it, none from the creator of this mod though. 

Abrexus

Quote from: pestilenz on April 19, 2015, 10:43:43 AM
Quote from: Slywyn on April 19, 2015, 01:58:09 AM
You have to set the priority of the hopper attached to the Steam Generator higher so they don't keep moving things.

You have to recruit your colonists and force them to man the turret before they'll use it.

I guess I had the same problem here, too. The colonist brings the wood to the hopper, stores it there and immediately picks it up again, repeating the cylce. He does that at a rate of 3 times per second, like a machine gun.
The only help was to draft the colonist so that the wood was on the hopper, and FORBID the wood. That way, my colonists keep refilling the hopper without removing the wood instantly.

That's a very creative fix!  I may change it to auto-forbid the wood in the next update, or have it use "Kindling" instead.

liqud

First post to say thanks for the quick update.  This and prepare carefully make me a very happy person today.  As others have said, you've combined just about everything rimworld needs here, I can hardly play it without this.

DustBust

You have to set the priority of the hopper attached to the Steam Generator higher so they don't keep moving things.

You have to recruit your colonists and force them to man the turret before they'll use it.

I'm aware how manned turrets work, even the description is skewed on the turret, I built just about all of the tier one turrets and they all react the same, they do nothing when they are manned, also if they are like other manned turrets and start "moving" once manned, that is not happening either.

DustBust

Quote from: DustBust on April 19, 2015, 01:16:04 PM

I'm aware how manned turrets work, even the description is skewed on the turret, I built just about all of the tier one turrets and they all react the same, they do nothing when they are manned, also if they are like other manned turrets and start "moving" once manned, that is not happening either.

Just saw the fix notes! Sorry and thanks for the quick fix!!

bluestrike15

Having a problem with the alpha 10's version, I deleted the lifespan part of the code from the torch and the campfire and now they disappear a few steps after being built.

Ninefinger

You forgot to add:
                        <sowTags>
            <li>Ground</li>
            <li>Hydroponic</li>
         </sowTags>

to all the Plants_Cultivated.xml crop items except potato :D

Ninefinger

Quote from: bluestrike15 on April 19, 2015, 01:55:20 PM
Having a problem with the alpha 10's version, I deleted the lifespan part of the code from the torch and the campfire and now they disappear a few steps after being built.

Um so you removed there lifespan and are wondering why they disappear...?

Abrexus

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 19, 2015, 02:36:43 PM
You forgot to add:
                        <sowTags>
            <li>Ground</li>
            <li>Hydroponic</li>
         </sowTags>

That's intentional....you unlock different plants through research.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Abrexus on April 19, 2015, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 19, 2015, 02:36:43 PM
You forgot to add:
                        <sowTags>
            <li>Ground</li>
            <li>Hydroponic</li>
         </sowTags>

That's intentional....you unlock different plants through research.

Hmm well i tried to grow the other plants after using the Devmode and unlocking all research and they still didnt show up as a option... maybe i did something weird ill try again.

cheetah2003

I noticed in the latest release, you've declined to put the source code for the DLL in the distribution.  Is that intensional?  I was hoping to get the source code for the latest release to learn from?

In previous releases you had included the source code.