[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josmow

Aside from a few inconveniences (like placing "wall items" over existing walls. (doors, coolers, etc_) I've had quite a bit of fun playing with this mod (as well as a few other mods that play nice with it) though this surprised me a bit. an unfinished wooden bionic arm.... when did he slip that wood onto the table?!

Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

Abrexus

Quote from: josmow on April 21, 2015, 07:16:43 AM
Aside from a few inconveniences (like placing "wall items" over existing walls. (doors, coolers, etc_) I've had quite a bit of fun playing with this mod (as well as a few other mods that play nice with it) though this surprised me a bit. an unfinished wooden bionic arm.... when did he slip that wood onto the table?!

I will have a fix for that out later today.  I may just not use the "unfinished things" system unless I can work around the changes that were made to it for Alpha 10.  Rest assured, I am aware of the problem, and will have a fix out for it soon.  I appreciate your patience.

Rhubarbs

I really like your mod. I've got a couple of suggestions.

Would it be possible to give the organ vat a grow time?

I feel it's a little weird that you can just make a heart in a few minutes. There's already code for growing crops, could you use that to make the organs grow in the vat after they've 'been "initialized" by the crafter?

It might also make for interesting auto-crafting tables, that let you "grow" items without an active crafter. Kinda like futuristic 3d printers.

Abrexus

Ok, I just uploaded an update to fix the prosthetic crafting issue.  Apparently unless you use the recipemaker, the game does not like the unfinished parts mechanic and will not let you go back and finish a started item.  Since I moved all the prosthetic recipes away from the recipe maker system, this essentially broke the crafting of those items.

The reason I moved away from the recipemaker was because of the feedback in regards to the generic "ingredients" list that showed up when you were looking to see what an item required for materials.  I would appreciate feedback on which system you prefer.

Abrexus

Quote from: Rhubarbs on April 21, 2015, 08:48:42 AM
I really like your mod. I've got a couple of suggestions.

Would it be possible to give the organ vat a grow time?

I feel it's a little weird that you can just make a heart in a few minutes. There's already code for growing crops, could you use that to make the organs grow in the vat after they've 'been "initialized" by the crafter?

It might also make for interesting auto-crafting tables, that let you "grow" items without an active crafter. Kinda like futuristic 3d printers.

That's an interesting idea....I have to think about how to do that.  At first glance it isn't as easy as it sounds, because you would have to write in a routine that asks for a resource before starting the "grow" cycle.  However, that would open up the possibility of making planting require seeds.

Kolljak

Quote from: CountOverride on April 21, 2015, 12:01:44 AM
Quote from: Kolljak on April 20, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
My post was utterly ignored so im bumpin it and reposting

Found a bug with the hoppers the Ai will rapidly "remove" "add" "remove" "add" anything that isnt food put in the hopper for no reason [fuel] [wood] is the only two items ive tried so far. but they keep taking the fuel out so icant use the genereator.

I'm having this same issue. if anyone can find a fix for this, I'd be very appreciative.

if you set it to "dont pick up" or forbid it they will not fuck with it and will restock it. if set to critial that is.

Abrexus

Quote from: Kolljak on April 21, 2015, 11:22:51 AM
Quote from: CountOverride on April 21, 2015, 12:01:44 AM
Quote from: Kolljak on April 20, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
My post was utterly ignored so im bumpin it and reposting

Found a bug with the hoppers the Ai will rapidly "remove" "add" "remove" "add" anything that isnt food put in the hopper for no reason [fuel] [wood] is the only two items ive tried so far. but they keep taking the fuel out so icant use the genereator.

I'm having this same issue. if anyone can find a fix for this, I'd be very appreciative.

if you set it to "dont pick up" or forbid it they will not fuck with it and will restock it. if set to critial that is.

The hopper issue is fixed.  You just have to download the new version, and it isn't a problem anymore.

thenightgaunt

I've had like 3 posts I've been trying to write following the A10 update and frankly I've deleted every one of them before posting cause none sounded right. So let me simply say:

Abrexus, thank you for continuing to support this mod. I love it and I hope that it gets the recognition I think it deserves and some of your ideas make it into the vanilla game. ^_^

Abrexus

Quote from: thenightgaunt on April 21, 2015, 11:32:31 AM
I've had like 3 posts I've been trying to write following the A10 update and frankly I've deleted every one of them before posting cause none sounded right. So let me simply say:

Abrexus, thank you for continuing to support this mod. I love it and I hope that it gets the recognition I think it deserves and some of your ideas make it into the vanilla game. ^_^

That says it all my friend!  I really enjoy making the mod, and the challenges you face each time you update.  It's almost a game unto itself.  I believe I almost have the core version to the point I want it and am ready to start working on the expansions.  As before I will try to make them not save breaking.

Abrexus

Quote from: Canute on April 21, 2015, 11:56:04 AM
Quote from: Abrexus on April 21, 2015, 10:58:28 AM
The reason I moved away from the recipemaker was because of the feedback in regards to the generic "ingredients" list that showed up when you were looking to see what an item required for materials.  I would appreciate feedback on which system you prefer.
It wasn't a big thing from my side, just a cosmetic fix.
But an inexpierenced player it can be confused about what materials he need now to made these.
So i think it was the right choise to specify the materials on the recipes.

I agree, and I prefer having the materials listed myself.

ttr

Hey. Great mod but I've found small problem with "Power Switch" mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.msg27096#msg27096).
Seems that both mods modify definitions for switch, but by looking that yours mod overide materials and resarch definition, while totally 'disable' functionality from @Haplo's mod, i've removed section in your cfg to fix it - downside is that power switch is avaiable early in game but quite useless.
Any chance to somehow fix this ?

Playbahnosh

Quote from: Abrexus on April 21, 2015, 11:10:56 AM
That's an interesting idea....I have to think about how to do that.  At first glance it isn't as easy as it sounds, because you would have to write in a routine that asks for a resource before starting the "grow" cycle.  However, that would open up the possibility of making planting require seeds.

I admittedly only have a cursory knowledge (eg. woefully ignorant) about the inner workings at play here, but the hydroponics basin might be a good starting template: It grows stuff and consumes power. As for the ingredient requirement, I'm not sure if it's possible, but you could "magic curtain" it with a crafting table template. Have the organ vat behave like a crafting table until you supply it with the needed materials, then you can switch it to a hydroponics basin base that actually does the growing, and when the growing cycle finishes it swaps back to crafting mode so the end result can be removed and used. Am I making any sense here?

Darcclan

@ttr

make sure you Power Switch is loaded after Superior Crafting, and go into the cfg for power switch and at the end of the power switch add <researchPrerequisite>PowerI</researchPrerequisite>, or you could always just copy past that line of code from where it is in Superior Crafting, and paste it in Power Switch's file

Th3_D00D3

Can you add something like a mending or item repair table? Maybe even an item-upgrade table where you can improve the quality of weapons and apperal for additional cost?

Playbahnosh

Quote from: Th3_D00D3 on April 21, 2015, 03:49:15 PM
Can you add something like a mending or item repair table? Maybe even an item-upgrade table where you can improve the quality of weapons and apperal for additional cost?

I second this, but I think an Upgrade/Disassemble option should be added to the items' respective crafting tables, so weapons are handled at the smithing table and apparel at the loom or something.