[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrexus

Good day fellow crafters!  I would like to get some feedback from you all as to what mods you would enjoy seeing added as an expansion.  It appears More Mechanoids may be a while till it gets an update.

I got the go-ahead from Ratsys to integrate his RT mods pack, and I could integrate additional features from the Enhanced Defense pack aside from the shields.  Any suggestions you have would be welcome.

Valor

I would love expanded research trees. Rank V for each, could unlock better bionics, bionic organs, high tech weapons, Shielded walls (wall that has a shield in it, just for the square), temperature barrier (Ie barierer that holds only temperature), improved hydroponics, solar flare protection, Combat drones (Ie Mobile turets with patrol path, that cannot be drafted) and possibly some sort of hauling improvement.

neadlak

Are we expecting to see redistheat ducting reintroduced? Currently I am doing edits to that mod to change the crafting materials from steel to steel bars. I understand that until a few days ago, it wasn't a stable release, so I haven't expected to see it -quickly-. The same for more mechanoids - I loooooved having a crawler cleaner named 'Roomba'...

I'll second including RT mods! Quantum stockpiles are really nice once you've progressed to the point you can afford them, but the fuseboxes and solar flare shielding are KING. Being able to build something to cope with those irritating events... yissssss.

Abrexus

Quote from: neadlak on April 27, 2015, 11:23:43 AM
I'll second including RT mods! Quantum stockpiles are really nice once you've progressed to the point you can afford them, but the fuseboxes and solar flare shielding are KING. Being able to build something to cope with those irritating events... yissssss.

RT mods is released today as the first Xpac!  If you were previously using the RT Mods pack, you should be able to replace it with this integrated pack and not break your save.

I do plan on adding in Mechanoids when it is updated.  I really miss that so much!

mathwizi2005

HoracioCavalo

Abrexus, thanks in advance for your great mod, its very impressive the changes on the game.
I'm new to RW, and i really want to try your mod, i just have one question...

Do I need to load the mods in this order:

Core v0427 (latest)
Xpac1 v0427
EdB Interface UI Mod
EdB Prepare Carefully
Pawn State Icons (v03d)
Miscellaneous V1.10.2b - Vanilla Enhanced

... or the order doesn't matter? (except for core + xpac obvious)

Sorry if my quest was to 'newbie', and my bad english xD

Abrexus

Quote from: HoracioCavalo on April 27, 2015, 01:22:57 PM
Abrexus, thanks in advance for your great mod, its very impressive the changes on the game.
I'm new to RW, and i really want to try your mod, i just have one question...

Do I need to load the mods in this order:

Core v0427 (latest)
Xpac1 v0427
EdB Interface UI Mod
EdB Prepare Carefully
Pawn State Icons (v03d)
Miscellaneous V1.10.2b - Vanilla Enhanced

... or the order doesn't matter? (except for core + xpac obvious)

Sorry if my quest was to 'newbie', and my bad english xD

With that selection of mods it shouldn't matter.  You are correct however that the Core has to load before the Xpac.

kakafika

I already mentioned Zombies and More Mechanoids (neither have been updated to A10 yet), and I will add that the traders from Misc Vanilla Enhanced are great (thanks for the tip and dl link!).

Skyswimsky

Using the Xpac and just Core I get this after loading:

And so on...

Also I know this is the wrong section to ask but I do it anyways, since I 'usually' heavily mod my Rimworld and get a few yellow errors, are those ignorable or does it mean something could not work?

Muramas

List of my suggestions

-Refrigerated storage
-Cybernetic Torsos (to fix frail torso)
-Rain proof electronics research
-Powered Sand making
-Moneysink for silver
~I suggest expensive joy/beauty items that have a very high rating that can only be purchased by merchants

I suggest reducing the amount of mulch it takes to make rich soil, it is quite a lot...

Playing your mod I felt the most connected to Rimworld because I felt more connected to my pawns that I went from having nothing to building up multiple resources to cybernetic gods. This mod is should be how Rimworld develop.

On a longer timeline I would love to see...
-Research being tiered where there is one research that acts as a gateway so you need all level 1 + level 1 gateway before level 2 is available. This could force a better linear progression and feel like similar to something like eon mod ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9540.0 ).
-Removing plasteel from the world map and making it so you can only craft it/buy it.
-More endgame content.

Telarin

Quote from: Muramas on April 27, 2015, 03:36:11 PM
List of my suggestions

-Refrigerated storage
-Cybernetic Torsos (to fix frail torso)
-Rain proof electronics research
-Powered Sand making
-Moneysink for silver
-Removing plasteel from the world map and making it so you can only craft it/buy it.
-More endgame content.

Only thing I would add to that list would be item repair.

LittleGreenStone

Question.
Will this mod allow me to craft firearms as well?
Suggestion.
In case the answer for the above question is "no", then make it happen!
In case the answer for the above question is "Yes", then...
...answer me with a witty comment instead! ^^

neadlak

Yeah! The smithing bench, crafting III I think, can let you do firearms. Preeeeetty sure it said that in an older tech tree image. You can make just about everything, provided raw materials, research, and colonists to do the work.

Telarin

One thing you could add for end-game processing would be automatic processing equipment. Basically you have a 2x2 smelter or other machine with a hopper. You feed raw materials into the hopper, and the output goods automatically pile up in front of the machine. Could have one for smelting, one for rock crushing (sand), stone cutting, wood shredding (mulch), and an automated lumber mill (wood planks).

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Telarin on April 27, 2015, 07:13:12 PM
One thing you could add for end-game processing would be automatic processing equipment. Basically you have a 2x2 smelter or other machine with a hopper. You feed raw materials into the hopper, and the output goods automatically pile up in front of the machine. Could have one for smelting, one for rock crushing (sand), stone cutting, wood shredding (mulch), and an automated lumber mill (wood planks).

Love that idea, however there'd be no reason to build metallic buddies to do the hard labor. You aren't discriminating against robots, are you? ^^

Quote from: neadlak on April 27, 2015, 06:09:53 PM
Yeah! The smithing bench, crafting III I think, can let you do firearms. Preeeeetty sure it said that in an older tech tree image. You can make just about everything, provided raw materials, research, and colonists to do the work.

I see, I have not seen said older image, still, it's good to know! Thank you.

Also, an actual suggestion: Wood. It's necessary to build a lot of things, no way around, however there are maps lacking trees real bad, which means little to no progress (going through it right now, not nice, I must say).
Allowing us to plant them, for example, would be great indeed!