[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorbane

When I right click on the tailor's loom, the smithing table, or the crafting bench the right click menu does not appear, keeping me from ordering someone to prioritize working on it.  Also colonists don't seem to want to restart work on a job at any of those.

tirramissu

Quote from: Thorbane on June 25, 2015, 02:28:06 PM
When I right click on the tailor's loom, the smithing table, or the crafting bench the right click menu does not appear, keeping me from ordering someone to prioritize working on it.  Also colonists don't seem to want to restart work on a job at any of those.
Works fine for me.
This can happen because:
1. Unfinished item was started by other colonist, only owner can finish job;
2. Colonist has not that job  type enabled;
3. Bench has no tasks or task is suspended;
4. You don't have mats to do the job.

Pink Photon

Quote from: Galvenox on June 23, 2015, 06:29:54 PM
I installed the update, but removing floors is still broken for me. I can designate it, so that's a progress, but colonists will just come to a tile, stand a second removing the mark from it and that's all, they move on.

I installed the update, and I had the same behavior for floors I'd already constructed. However, floors I constructed *after* installing the update can be removed successfully.

Remorium

For the medical bed issue, I have no idea how to code, but maybe there is a way to forbid colonists from using the default one when they are sick?

tirramissu

In this case they won't be able to sleep in the bed if medical bed is busy or absent.

Thorbane

Quote from: tirramissu on June 25, 2015, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: Thorbane on June 25, 2015, 02:28:06 PM
Works fine for me.
This can happen because:
1. Unfinished item was started by other colonist, only owner can finish job;
2. Colonist has not that job  type enabled;
3. Bench has no tasks or task is suspended;
4. You don't have mats to do the job.

I checked, it was her build.  The menu wouldn't even appear.  After cancelling the job they would start work on it as normal, but I cannot order them to work on it as I cannot access the menu.

Remorium

Hence why I'm not a coder. It was just an idea.

Abrexus

Great discussion and ideas everyone! 

#1 The floors are removable, but due to the amount of resources used to create them you may not get anythng back after deconstructing if it is a floor that only requires one piece of wood for example.

#2 The beds still have me a bit stumped.  I plan on putting some quality time into testing this evening.  I didn't have much time in the beginning of the week, but I have some free time the next few days.

#3 The workstations "may" be wanting the "<surfaceType>Item</surfaceType>" code in their XML, so I added it to see if that fixes any issues.  While they did work before, it may have been causing some minor glitches with that line removed.

Update 0625 incoming!

Chezare

Can't harvest eyes\hands\legs from colonist\prisoners with latest update   :'(

Remorium

What got fixed in the latest update exactly?

Abrexus

Quote from: Chezare on June 26, 2015, 04:25:33 AM
Can't harvest eyes\hands\legs from colonist\prisoners with latest update   :'(

Actually, I never had that as part of superior crafting.  You can harvest the organs, and you can replace the eyes, nose, arms, legs with prosthetics.  I didn't add that mainly because I wanted to streamline the surgery system.  If I added every part in the body as something you could harvest the menu would get unwieldy.

Abrexus

Quote from: Remorium on June 26, 2015, 05:24:57 AM
What got fixed in the latest update exactly?

Just added some code to the production table XML.  You wont notice anything different in the game with this update.  I'm actually working on making the training items be automatic, so you don't have to force the colonists to use them anymore.

blub01

So, I've started a new colony with superior crafting, played for a while, and now i have the issue that i cannot find any plasteel at all. this wouldn't be an issue in vanilla rimworld, as you only need around 850 plasteel, and it is possible to buy that much, but in superior crafting, you even need it for the geothermal generator. is something just broken, do i need to quarry out the mountains, or am i supposed to do something else?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Abrexus

Quote from: blub01 on June 26, 2015, 08:04:58 AM
So, I've started a new colony with superior crafting, played for a while, and now i have the issue that i cannot find any plasteel at all. this wouldn't be an issue in vanilla rimworld, as you only need around 850 plasteel, and it is possible to buy that much, but in superior crafting, you even need it for the geothermal generator. is something just broken, do i need to quarry out the mountains, or am i supposed to do something else?

You can actually craft plasteel at the chemlab using raw devilstrand and steel ore.

blub01

thanks. also, any suggestion on how to deal with a room full of mechs where i want to build my sleeping rooms? i thought of putting a crapton of explosive traps down, but will they hit scythers? i think it is 3 scythers and 1 centipede, at least when i looked into it and then loaded a save i had made right before looking.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.