[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMS

Quote from: blub01 on June 26, 2015, 08:27:09 AM
thanks. also, any suggestion on how to deal with a room full of mechs.

I wall them off if i have to make 3-4 choke points maybe an elbow so i have a place to run and hide out and they have to come to me heck for that matter run them into a trap - build a wall and just move them
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

blub01

nah, I'll just make a full set of power armor and charge rifles, that should do it.

EDIT: also, once i can make plasteel, do i still need steel for anything?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Girlinhat

Quote from: blub01 on June 26, 2015, 11:57:28 AM
nah, I'll just make a full set of power armor and charge rifles, that should do it.

EDIT: also, once i can make plasteel, do i still need steel for anything?
Crafting items like weapons and armor still needs steel, as well as construction like wires and solar panels.

XOTatterly

Hello, just wanted to say I signed up to thank you for your work. I'd also like to echo earlier posts - a way to fix 'frail' torsos would be fantastic, whether that's including the 'torso' segment as a reference for Bionic Spines, biomatter slap-patches, whatever. I'm still using version A10, mind, so it's quite possible that you've already done just that. Knowing how hard it is to maintain and work on such things, thank you for your hard work!

blub01

Quote from: XOTatterly on June 27, 2015, 01:56:18 AM
Hello, just wanted to say I signed up to thank you for your work. I'd also like to echo earlier posts - a way to fix 'frail' torsos would be fantastic, whether that's including the 'torso' segment as a reference for Bionic Spines, biomatter slap-patches, whatever. I'm still using version A10, mind, so it's quite possible that you've already done just that. Knowing how hard it is to maintain and work on such things, thank you for your hard work!

I don't think so, but I don't really know all the features. what i know is that there is no bill showing up in the operations tab for frail, for other injuries, it shows up, even if you don't have the required materials.

EDIT: is there any way to make AI persona cores? I'm trying to make all my colonists full bionic right now, and even though i ahve a crapton of devilstrand i can sell, the traders don't ahve enough money on them that i could just buy persona cores whenever an exotic goods trader shows up.
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

tirramissu

Quote from: blub01 on June 27, 2015, 05:57:21 AM
EDIT: is there any way to make AI persona cores? I'm trying to make all my colonists full bionic right now, and even though i ahve a crapton of devilstrand i can sell, the traders don't ahve enough money on them that i could just buy persona cores whenever an exotic goods trader shows up.
Hi!
Best way is to make wood plank grand statues, leather appeal and sell them to trader. Also sell all stuff looted from  raiders. Make bio-matter from their corpses, don't bury them. You can also make organs from that biomatter which is also can be sold.
The only way is to buy it from vendors, or you can install a mod which allows crafting.

blub01

no, i meant is there a way to craft them. i ahve a huge devilstrand field, so big that i can't sell all of it when a trader comes around because the trader doesn't have enough money, i just want to know if i can get persona cores without having to wait for the exotic goods trader.

EDIT: and what does "block direct" and "block indirect" on the sabre and cram shields? and does "fire supression" mean no bullets get through at all, or that colonists can fire out, but it blocks bullets going in?

nmid

yes
Core\Defs\TraderKindDefs\TraderKinds.xml
and other traderkinds.xml files
increase

<thingDef>Silver</thingDef>
        <countRange>
          <min>40000</min>
          <max>60000</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>

enjoy.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

XelNigma

Quote from: blub01 on June 27, 2015, 07:47:07 AM
EDIT: and what does "block direct" and "block indirect" on the sabre and cram shields? and does "fire supression" mean no bullets get through at all, or that colonists can fire out, but it blocks bullets going in?

My understanding is that block direct stops incoming projectiles.  Indirect destroys drop pods, including ones from trade ships.   Fire suppression is that it slowly puts out fires in the zone.

blub01

Quote from: XelNigma on June 27, 2015, 09:55:05 AM

Indirect destroys drop pods, including ones from trade ships.

so, why does the cram shield have an "intercept drop pod" function?

Probe1

Thanks for updating Abrexus.  Great mod as always.

Loki88

no, i meant is there a way to craft them. i ahve a huge devilstrand field, so big that i can't sell all of it when a trader comes around because the trader doesn't have enough money, i just want to know if i can get persona cores without having to wait for the exotic goods trader.

Block indirect is for mortar shells I believe.

Beathrus

Okay, can someone explain to me how to use the Chemlab and Organ Vat? Specifically, do I need to have on Medical or Crafting; or both? Also, why can't the Organ Vat take bodies from Graves? o.o

blub01

Quote from: Beathrus on June 27, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
Okay, can someone explain to me how to use the Chemlab and Organ Vat? Specifically, do I need to have on Medical or Crafting; or both? Also, why can't the Organ Vat take bodies from Graves? o.o

i think the graves are essentially stockpiles on critical and autoconfigured to only take corpses. maybe you can't use bodies from critical stockpiles? anyway, you can just deconstruct the graves, too, or change the priority. The chemlab only requires crafting, and at least extracting stuff with the organ vat only requires crafting, too. I ahven't tried making organs though.

Abrexus

Thank you Blub01 for helping out with the questions.  Yes, you would want to deconstruct the graves to free the bodies for use in the organ vat.  I also plan on taking a look at the amount of $$$ traders bring with them.  As for crafting the AI Core, I struggled with that and in the end decided that you would have to get them as loot from the crashed ship, or purchase them from a trader.  I may rethink this however.