[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Quote from: Abrexus on July 01, 2015, 04:20:47 PM
Quote from: Bandus on July 01, 2015, 04:06:25 PM
Can anyone confirm if this update to Superior Crafting works with the version of the mod that was available yesterday? I want to upgrade, but don't want to make my current save game unplayable.

The existing items I updated in the game are vents, training items, and hydroponics tables.  They may need to be deconstructed, the game saved, then rebuilt after the update.  I would make a backup just to be sure.

Have you added in Bionic hands or feet yet? o.o Or some substitute for when a colonist loses a hand or foot, or it gets scarred? Because I can't repair scars on the hands or feet. x.x

mrofa

There are advenced prosthetic that are like normal hands, as for bionic i didnt get that far yet :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Bandus

QuoteThe existing items I updated in the game are vents, training items, and hydroponics tables.  They may need to be deconstructed, the game saved, then rebuilt after the update.  I would make a backup just to be sure.

I updated to the newest version, loaded my save game, and immediately get hammered by errors. Seems to answer my question! :) The saved game did not actually load fully, just a bunch of tracebacks.

Blyska

Quote from: Bandus on July 01, 2015, 04:48:22 PM
QuoteThe existing items I updated in the game are vents, training items, and hydroponics tables.  They may need to be deconstructed, the game saved, then rebuilt after the update.  I would make a backup just to be sure.

I updated to the newest version, loaded my save game, and immediately get hammered by errors. Seems to answer my question! :) The saved game did not actually load fully, just a bunch of tracebacks.

Had the same problem this morning.
Deconstructing the items, then upgrading the mod seemed to fix that, as said by Abrexus.

Patrykbono20

Hmm  kobayashi Maru, just i think of Star Trek acedemy tests, maybe you add a special uniform like in ST :D

Leucetius

I don't know if it's a change made by the update or a general thing with Ultimate Collection - and wether it's generating the errors in the first place -  but at my end the hydroponics were in the Buildings_Structures.xml and in the v0701 they are in the Buildings_Production.xml. So I had to delete the entry from one file and move it to another to not have two buildings with the same tag.

Works fine :)

Blyska

I don't quite understand how the food synthesizer works... It has no 'bill' tab. Is it normal ?

mrofa

You place a hoppper near it and fill it with food thats all. Rest is done automaticly :)
All i do is clutter all around.

Bandus

QuoteDeconstructing the items, then upgrading the mod seemed to fix that, as said by Abrexus.

Ah, I misunderstood that they had to be deconstructed pre upgrade. Thank you!

artzchopshop

Guys, it seems that my pawn with an eye shot out can't have an operation to have a natural eye installed. My doctor pawn is a 12 on medicine and we do have herbal medicine in stock. The natural eye produced is placed on a stockpile so it is registered in the inventory. Any ideas? :(

I do have other mods installed but Crafting Overhaul is the main one, others installed are:
EdB's PrepareCarefully, ModOrder, and Interface (Alpha 11 ver)
ApparelloA11
A11Darkness
Miscellaneous w/ MAI (Both standalones)
Hospitality
Zombie Apocalypse

To my knowledge, none of these mods except the Crafting Overhaul mod alters the medical operation  bill of the pawns. So i'm stuck with a dude with a shot out eye and a vatgrown eye in stock

Abrexus

Quote from: artzchopshop on July 02, 2015, 02:10:43 AM
Guys, it seems that my pawn with an eye shot out can't have an operation to have a natural eye installed. My doctor pawn is a 12 on medicine and we do have herbal medicine in stock. The natural eye produced is placed on a stockpile so it is registered in the inventory. Any ideas? :(

I do have other mods installed but Crafting Overhaul is the main one, others installed are:
EdB's PrepareCarefully, ModOrder, and Interface (Alpha 11 ver)
ApparelloA11
A11Darkness
Miscellaneous w/ MAI (Both standalones)
Hospitality
Zombie Apocalypse

To my knowledge, none of these mods except the Crafting Overhaul mod alters the medical operation  bill of the pawns. So i'm stuck with a dude with a shot out eye and a vatgrown eye in stock

The problem is a conflict with the Zombie Apocalypse mod overwriting my races_humanoid.xml.  I'll post a fix for this in a short bit.

josmow

slight problem (just frustrating) if you have your socialite (i tend to use the highest social character to trade) assigned to train on a shooting range (and possibly other training things) they go back to it when you tell them to trade. making it so they don't go to the trade console (he was my researcher, but hes done now so all he does is train until i need him to trade something)

another update, it might be a good idea to make it so that fire extinguishers are a tad more rare on raids and support events.... currently have 5 people, 1 with a shiv, the rest with varying quality fire extinguishers, attempting to assist in taking out 5 sythers.... i will update on the outcome of the battle Slaughter.

one valiently attempted to extinguish the life of one of them, the syther however had other plans and got a headshot.

also seems that the crafting bug is back. wont let me craft melee weapons on the crafting table (plasteel things anyhow, haven't tried anything else yet)

edit: anything that goes beyond a certain point requirement (steel seems to work fine) that causes a long crafting time due to material ends up being abandoned on the table, unable to be worked on.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

LanMc

Kobayashi Maru!  The un-winnable scenario that Kirk managed to win! 

The geeky girl in me is having a wonderful day!!!  Sweet title!
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

erathia

Quote from: LanMc on July 02, 2015, 09:40:43 AMThe geeky girl in me

>inb4 : The Internet

Now everybody knows you're an FBI agent undercover.

Abrexus

Quote from: josmow on July 02, 2015, 09:24:12 AM
slight problem (just frustrating) if you have your socialite (i tend to use the highest social character to trade) assigned to train on a shooting range (and possibly other training things) they go back to it when you tell them to trade. making it so they don't go to the trade console (he was my researcher, but hes done now so all he does is train until i need him to trade something)

another update, it might be a good idea to make it so that fire extinguishers are a tad more rare on raids and support events.... currently have 5 people, 1 with a shiv, the rest with varying quality fire extinguishers, attempting to assist in taking out 5 sythers.... i will update on the outcome of the battle Slaughter.

one valiently attempted to extinguish the life of one of them, the syther however had other plans and got a headshot.

also seems that the crafting bug is back. wont let me craft melee weapons on the crafting table (plasteel things anyhow, haven't tried anything else yet)

edit: anything that goes beyond a certain point requirement (steel seems to work fine) that causes a long crafting time due to material ends up being abandoned on the table, unable to be worked on.

Working on the fixes for these issues, and thank you for bringing them to my attention.  So far this is complete:

* Raiders should no longer be armed with fire extinguishers
* Colonists should now be able to resume crafting melee weapons at the craftsman's table
* Fixed bug when adding the 5th colonist to the training menu

Neither Mrofa nor I cannot reproduce the training item bug you mention.  We are also working on one other minor bug with the use of the fire extinguisher.  Once that is complete an update will be forthcoming!