Count to !UPDATED! 20,000 before Tynan posts!

Started by GamerGuy, March 28, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 17, 2015, 09:43:30 PM

If English is used internationally because it has the most users, then wouldn't something like Chinese be more logical? I mean, they have more than 10% of the world's population. In fact, what was it... Was it Firefly? I forgot...

But there is like 4-5 countries using English (if i remember). How many countries are using Chinese?
Also, i think there is more languages using latin alphabet-like (English-like) (forgot it name, too lazy to google ;d) than chinese-like alphabet. Chinese is really hard. Kids in chinese school are learning language for so longer time than in other countries. Not saying about how complicated every letter is.

But after all Token - man who knew many, many languages - said that Polish is the harder language to learn not due the alphabet but all these grammar rules etc. Also, Polish is using alphabet created from latin alphabet (english-like) so it shouldn't be so hard, rigth? Rigth? ;D So after all there is no real "best" language, but there are language created to be most simple as they can be for most population, English isn't one of them.

Oto mała próbka polskiego ;) Jak wam się podoba?

Like you see letters aren't so different but many people claim Polish as a really hard language to learn ;d

milon

Quote from: Adamiks on September 18, 2015, 12:22:42 PM
But after all Token - man who knew many, many languages - said that Polish is the harder language to learn not due the alphabet but all these grammar rules etc. Also, Polish is using alphabet created from latin alphabet (english-like) so it shouldn't be so hard, rigth? Rigth? ;D So after all there is no real "best" language, but there are language created to be most simple as they can be for most population, English isn't one of them.

I think you mean Tolkien the Author, not Token the Object.  ;)

And the "best" language is probably Lojban, but I've never bothered to learn it.

Adamiks

Oh, sorry. I knew i will probably make some mistake in his name but i was too lazy to google it ;d
But it's probably because i'm not big fan of him (i'm talking about his books, nothing personal ;))

Also, i'm green in all that stuff. I'm not saying that Esperanzo is the best language but i think it would be better than English, because after all English wasn't created to be international.

And btw nice to see you as staff of the forum :) I never noticed you to act as a jerk or something so it's clearly good decision to make you a moderator :)

milon

1610, the beginning of Anthropocene

Thanks, Adamiks.  :)  That's nice to hear.  I try my best.

Adamiks

FridayBiology

mean while back within the publics a man frantically waves his hands back and forth before being swallowed by the masses.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Adamiks

Loki88

Now I know how you guys have so many posts... can't believe I only just found this!

Coenmcj

1615, I've only got 240 posts in off topic, lets just... remove 30 of those for good measure and that's how many posts I alone have made... 210, Then you've got to think about the more dedicated people in this thread... ;-; That's alot of posts..
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Loki88

Oh well, it's not like I have a life beyond playing RimWorld till 3 am :P

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Adamiks

PE......

*you received a warning - NSFW*

Loki88

Extra strong coffee brewing. Creativity may emerge after consuming said coffee... Maybe.

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"