[April Fool] Z-Levels Mod (v0.6) - Add two additional layers to Rimworld!

Started by SSS, April 01, 2015, 02:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

Z-Levels Mod

Description

It's here! After nearly a full month of work, Rimworld sports multiple Z-levels! It took a lot of coding and dedicated testing, and there still might be a few kinks here and there, but the mod is finally in a state that's presentable to the general forum populace. It currently adds two layers- one above ground and one below, as well as some objects to allow interaction with them.

Features

• Two additional Z-levels; one above ground and one below
  • The ability to dig underground and build a second level up
  • Staircases and ladders to traverse said levels
  • Ground and roof door objects
  • Roofs must now be constructed and are stuffified
  • Rudimentary multi-level support requirements are present (higher levels require additional support)
  • Seamless multi-level lighting
  • Mostly bug-free pathfinding
  • An interface button to force the current visible Z level to cycle
  • The graphical interface automatically switches levels as selected pawns move through them
  • More info in FAQ

Future Plans

• Inter-level combat (currently buggy and not included)
  • Change to allow textures to become semi-transparent automatically (only vanilla objects change their texture properly for now- we want modded textures to work too)
  • Underground & Roof deposits (steel, plasteel, gold, etc.)
  • Additional support requirements
  • Change mortars to affect more than one Z level at a time
  • Lots of balancing (this is pretty broken as is)
  • See FAQ for known issues

Screenshots

Coming soon!

Credits

• SSS (lead developer)
  • Haplo (programmer, lead tester)

Install instructions:

• DO NOT USE ON OLD SAVES
  • Don't use with other mods: It doesn't play friendly with them, visually speaking.
  • Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
  • Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
  • Smaller maps or beefy computers are recommended.

Download Links

[attachment deleted due to age]

Latta

You know what, I just tested this and it's awesome! You need to be in Ludeon or not!

JAVAgamer

Dat trolly, trolly troll that trolls trolly.

StorymasterQ

Truly amazing! Such a great present for the anniversary of the first day of my life!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Zorroexe

Download link not working for me.
Redirecting me to some youtube video.

UMK

Oh holy crap! I thought it is impossible. Haplo, how did you do this!? Theese underground maintenance tunnels and stockpiles I'm builiding right now are incredible!

My friend Rick and I tried this.  He's never gonna give it up.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.