[A12d] Tools for haul. Animal will help us! V1.5d 22-10-2015

Started by BBream, April 17, 2015, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBream

Quote from: nmid on July 07, 2015, 04:04:43 AM

- V1.3a    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4c85klxqin803c/ToolsForHaulV1.3a.zip?dl=0
- V1.2a  https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8w17g1bciyxxnt/ToolsForHaulV1.2a.zip?dl=0

--------------

Can you please tell us which version is for A11?
I haven't moved to A11b and I want to use this in one of my A11 colonies.

Also, can I use this in my existing colony?

I have writen version. You should use Version 1.3 for A11.
You can use in your existing colony.

nmid

Quote from: BBream on July 07, 2015, 05:24:04 AM
I have writen version. You should use Version 1.3 for A11.
You can use in your existing colony.

ty :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

hairlessOrphan

Is there any way to tell a pawn to never unmount a cart automatically? It would be nice to have dedicated carts for my dedicated haulers, and to not have soldiers on a cart when a raid starts.

hairlessOrphan

Quote from: Canute on July 07, 2015, 02:33:34 PM
Just a question do you goto bed with your car/bike too ? .-)

My bike sits in my bedroom, yes.

Maybe a better solution is to assign a cart to a pawn permanently, and then having pawn AI code to decide when to dock/undock, where to store it, etc... However, from a programming standpoint, that's a lot more work than just permanently docking it, where the only gain would be carts not sitting next to the bed at naptime.

Yes, I actually thought about this.

Tom

Quote from: hairlessOrphan on July 07, 2015, 01:19:16 PM
Is there any way to tell a pawn to never unmount a cart automatically? It would be nice to have dedicated carts for my dedicated haulers, and to not have soldiers on a cart when a raid starts.

Funny you should mention that. I have what i suspect is a mod conflict at the moment (only other mods installed are EdB UI and Prepare Carefully) but have yet to get round to checking that, where my colonists never put the carts away after hauling. They eat with them take them to bed and to begin with I even had one of them towing 2 carts until i told him to drop one.

I have set up dedicated storage points for them too they are just not being used.
Will report back with any more details once i have some carts in a game with just this mod.

hairlessOrphan

Bug report:

Haulers with carts will go lock up (go into idle standing state) if they want to haul to a stockpile they can't path to (for ex: if a door is forbidden), even if there is an alternate stockpile of lower priority that they can access.

Haulers without carts will properly haul to the lower priority accessible stockpile.

BBream

Quote from: hairlessOrphan on July 07, 2015, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Canute on July 07, 2015, 02:33:34 PM
Just a question do you goto bed with your car/bike too ? .-)

My bike sits in my bedroom, yes.

Maybe a better solution is to assign a cart to a pawn permanently, and then having pawn AI code to decide when to dock/undock, where to store it, etc... However, from a programming standpoint, that's a lot more work than just permanently docking it, where the only gain would be carts not sitting next to the bed at naptime.

Yes, I actually thought about this.

Hahaha, you have no mercy for colonist. It looks strange if you see the colonist who always pull a cart permanently.

I need to think about assigning a cart to pawn can be implemented but before I start it, you can test this version
Dropbox:
Tools For Haul mod V1.3a For Test - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrjpmp1u2q6bhbp/ToolsForHauV1.3aForTest.zip?dl=0

This version can assign destination zone and source zone. I bring this idea from the Dwarf Fortress.
If it is not assigned both of zone then it will have same behavior.
- Destination zone
Cart will use in destination zone if you assign this zone; Loading to the zone and Loading from the zone. It looks miss spelling because this cart is not always same destination.
- Source zone
Cart's haulables are restricted in source zone. Hauler with this cart will always find haulables within source zone.

If it is good enough to control cart, I want to remove storage setting in cart. I think it require a lot of micro-control and make user complicate.

And I will prepare to make function for assigning a cart to pawn. I don't know it is useful and looks natural but it is worth to test.

Also, I will check bug report

hairlessOrphan

Quote from: BBream on July 08, 2015, 01:49:42 AM
Hahaha, you have no mercy for colonist. It looks strange if you see the colonist who always pull a cart permanently.

Mercy is for the weak colonists.

No, actually, I'm using it with the logistics droids in Enhanced Defense, and they leave the carts all over the map, wherever they are, whenever they're done hauling. Even if I have Cart storage zones setup. It makes this mod unfortunately unusable for me, because the carts end up in far corners, or in my incineration room, or I don't even know where. At one point I'd made something like 40 carts because I could only find one inside my base, and I thought they all kept decaying or something. Later on I found 30 of them scattered around the map, hidden in trees and stuff.

I think it's because they're mounted and wandering, and then when they get a cleaning job or recharging job, they drop the cart wherever they are.

The zoning won't help with this particular issue. I use my logistics droids to haul corpses. I like cleaning up the map. After a radiation event, I have decaying animal corpses littering the map, and I want to put all the corpses in a pile and burn them. But I don't want to burn the carts.

«Temple»

Jim2M

Hi, BBream.
I loved this mod in Alpha11d.
Now I've upgraded to Alpha12c, and I really miss this mod.

I totally agree with the idea that this should become vanilla!

If your real life will allow, please update this mod for A12.

Too-DAMN-Much

Lady Wolf

I'm really hoping to see this mod updated for A12D, being able to equip colonists with both a range and melee weapon is a huge asset in combat.

samurai999

Tekuromoto

Quote from: Lady Wolf on August 30, 2015, 06:48:05 PM
I'm really hoping to see this mod updated for A12D, being able to equip colonists with both a range and melee weapon is a huge asset in combat.

Ditto. I'd be happy just to be able to carry one extra item to toggle to in need.

«Temple»

I like this mod, snipers with assault rifles and if mech attack I use with anti tank weapons...