[A12d] Infusion - Equipment enchantment (03-10-15 v31b) Apparel fix

Started by Latta, May 01, 2015, 06:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Latta

Updated to 30c.
Finally trade ship stock items can get infusions, too. Also fixed a bug where NPC equipment could get infusion again even after it already has it(or failed to).

Note: I scrapped my idea of manual infusion. It would be better if it stays random.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 01:01:02 PM
Updated to 30c.
Finally trade ship stock items can get infusions, too. Also fixed a bug where NPC equipment could get infusion again even after it already has it(or failed to).

Note: I scrapped my idea of manual infusion. It would be better if it stays random.

Aw, the thought of manual infusion spawned in my mind a picture of a colonist working at some tribal witchcraft station, focused intensely on enchanting equipment with "rerolling" the equipment taking longer and longer for the colonist to do as it gets more difficult to keep working the trade. Much like how in Diablo 3, you can reroll elements of your gear and that gets more and more expensive with each reroll until it gets to a point of is it worth another roll that may or may not turn out for better or for worse.

whoishigh

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 04, 2015, 01:38:00 PM
Quote from: Latta on September 04, 2015, 01:01:02 PM
Updated to 30c.

Aw, the thought of manual infusion spawned in my mind a picture of a colonist working at some tribal witchcraft station, focused intensely on enchanting equipment with "rerolling" the equipment taking longer and longer for the colonist to do as it gets more difficult to keep working the trade. Much like how in Diablo 3, you can reroll elements of your gear and that gets more and more expensive with each reroll until it gets to a point of is it worth another roll that may or may not turn out for better or for worse.

I like the idea, but it needs to -expensive- as fudge. Maybe a sacrificial altar that lets the colonist apply different levels of infusion depending on what they sacrifice: silver, gold, dead squirrel, human heart, live prisoner... whatever :) Rituals produce negative moods of varying strength depending on how immoral the sacrifice is so the cost is both emotional and material. Re-rolling could require an additional component each time, IE two hearts needed to attempt a re-reroll.

Dragoon

Quote from: whoishigh on September 04, 2015, 03:57:41 PM
it needs to -expensive- as fudge. Rituals produce negative moods of varying strength depending on how immoral the sacrifice is so the cost is both emotional and material.

Expensive does not equal balanced, and I feel that the negative mood is highly unnecessary . Quite frankly I find it annoying the amount of expensive useless weapon mods there are (with super expensive weapons that really aren't worth their weight in silver). Especially considering the fact that many infusion/weapon combos could be useless (I once got a marble club infused to help with relations).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

whoishigh

Quote from: Dragoon on September 05, 2015, 04:01:36 AM
Expensive does not equal balanced, and I feel that the negative mood is highly unnecessary . Quite frankly I find it annoying the amount of expensive useless weapon mods there are (with super expensive weapons that really aren't worth their weight in silver). Especially considering the fact that many infusion/weapon combos could be useless (I once got a marble club infused to help with relations).

Well, there needs to be -some- cost to enchanting a weapon, otherwise we might as well be playing with dev mode on. Obviously putting a lot of time and material into infusing a rifle only to get an infusion of bonus melee damage wouldn't be fun, so maybe the rituals could produce (relatively) specific infusions.

Latta

You know, regardless of expensive/cheap, they will remain random in my scope. I won't stop if someone make a modmod, just call CompInfusion's SetInfusion().

Also, I got another report that apparel infusion does not affect wearer again. Please note.

pigman999999999

relly like the idea of the mod and going to download it.

Latta

I need opinions from who uses this mod.

Currently, this mod is heavily based on percent based stat modifier. Let's say A is a pawn with aiming delay of 100%, while B is also a pawn but with aiming delay of 200%.
An infusion with aiming delay multiplier of 95% will decrease A's delay by 5%, but for B, it would be 10% instead.

I might change this into fixed value, e.g. aiming delay offset of -5% so both A and B get same amount bonus, when I change infusion's stat modifying mechanics. I may also trash this idea, and surely won't change to this when said mechanics are not possible to apply.

NihilRex

Quote from: Latta on September 12, 2015, 11:20:52 AM

Currently, this mod is heavily based on percent based stat modifier. Let's say A is a pawn with aiming delay of 100%, while B is also a pawn but with aiming delay of 200%.
An infusion with aiming delay multiplier of 95% will decrease A's delay by 5%, but for B, it would be 10% instead.

I might change this into fixed value, e.g. aiming delay offset of -5% so both A and B get same amount bonus, when I change infusion's stat modifying mechanics. I may also trash this idea, and surely won't change to this when said mechanics are not possible to apply.

I think I would prefer a mix of offsets and multipliers.

Dragoon

I'm torn. I would prefer if they both got the same amount of reduction. At the same time I am not sure if it's balanced.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Latta

Let me write some more:

Offsets provide info about its effect clearer. But multipliers, you don't know exactly. However multipliers would be easier to... become more balanced.

shiroe

I like to multiplier approach. I tend to give the item to the person who would benefit the most. For example: movement modifiers to peeps with the jogging trait, mining modifiers to my mining peeps. With fixed stats I'd change the peeps who would get the items. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I just like that you need to take a peeps current level into account.

The multiplier works both ways: if C is a pawn with aiming delay of 50%, an infusion with aiming delay multiplier of 95% will decrease A's delay by 2,5%

soulkata

Well, for what I see in code, you currently have both ways implemented (Percent and Fixed), right? In my opinion has both is the best, because the designer can choose how to work... Since in some scenarios the Percent applies best... and in another ones the Fixed are better... Well, in my opinion, you are overthinking about this! :)

If you are concerned about the future of this mod, a nice addition is a building that manually infuses any equipment... Each Prefix / Suffix having a specific recipe (defined in "InfusionDef" files!)