[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorts

Adalah217

Quote from: Trigon on December 21, 2016, 12:46:50 AM
Only issue I've noticed is that whatever is below Agriculture I is cut off from the rest of the tech tree. I don't seem to have any way of clicking it or scrolling down to see it. I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or something else however.

This seems to apply to any mod which gives new research. I think the only fix is to alter vanilla research tree display behavior :( seems like it could be a mod on it's own.

dismar

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 21, 2016, 09:31:56 PM
Quote from: Trigon on December 21, 2016, 12:46:50 AM
Only issue I've noticed is that whatever is below Agriculture I is cut off from the rest of the tech tree. I don't seem to have any way of clicking it or scrolling down to see it. I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or something else however.

This seems to apply to any mod which gives new research. I think the only fix is to alter vanilla research tree display behavior :( seems like it could be a mod on it's own.

Yeah the new tree kinda hates lots of mods. Can I get a screen shot or two of ppl's tree cut off? ty.

Nanao-kun

The one cutoff here is Flowers and Trees. The other cutoff one is from a different mod. Honestly, it might help if the research window was larger or could scroll vertically.

dismar

Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 21, 2016, 10:17:37 PM
The one cutoff here is Flowers and Trees. The other cutoff one is from a different mod. Honestly, it might help if the research window was larger or could scroll vertically.

Yeah that is annoying. I might move mine to the right more. There will alway be a mod here and there that messes with this tho.
I'll look into it more.
Thanks!

Etherdreamer

dismar

Trigon

I found another issue. Not sure if it's me or what but it was an easy fix once I caught it. Canned vegetables are listed as acceptable for canning on the food prep table. All my vegetables were disappearing and I looked to see what was going on, turns on the people will make vegetables out of their canned vegetables. It's kind of funny to be sure.

Yoso

I can't seem to make neutroamine, I dev'd all research to be sure and it doesn't appear as an option in the drug lab.

Adalah217

Quote from: Trigon on December 21, 2016, 11:40:51 PM
I found another issue. Not sure if it's me or what but it was an easy fix once I caught it. Canned vegetables are listed as acceptable for canning on the food prep table. All my vegetables were disappearing and I looked to see what was going on, turns on the people will make vegetables out of their canned vegetables. It's kind of funny to be sure.

Also, salted meat is, by default, set to be used for meals. Pretty sure it wasn't before but I could be wrong.

This update is the tits.

Kadjunga

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 22, 2016, 10:13:41 AM

Also, salted meat is, by default, set to be used for meals. Pretty sure it wasn't before but I could be wrong.

This update is the tits.

both canned vegs and salted meat were enabled by default in all recipes, as was insect meat. A16 removed insect meat from the default cooking bills.

Even in a15 you could use salted meat, to salt... salted meat. And pickle... pickled vegs again. But for that you had to manually allow that option, as it is disabled by default

dismar

Yeah ill have to check the recipes. Those all should be off by default thanks.

Trigon

It wasn't a major issue, but I thought it was funny watching my cook make all the canned veggies into a Russian nesting doll situation. Then she opted to carry 27 cans of veggies on her person. I'm naturally a bit behind as I more or less skipped the latter half of all A15 stuff.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dismar on December 21, 2016, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 21, 2016, 10:17:37 PM

Yeah that is annoying. I might move mine to the right more. There will alway be a mod here and there that messes with this tho.
I'll look into it more.
Thanks!

Perhaps now that the Tech Tree is in vanilla, that will make it easier for Fluffy to update his version that was around a couple alphas ago. Or maybe once CCL is updated he will just be able to still implement his version in place of the new tech tree. IIRC, in addition to allowing queuing it also allowed vertical and horizontal scrolling as well.

Adalah217

Quote from: dismar on December 22, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
Yeah ill have to check the recipes. Those all should be off by default thanks.

Awesome thanks! After playing around for awhile, I've noted a few bugs/balance fixes you may or may not want to implement. They're fairly easy to do.

• Salted meat doesn't count as food on a caravan. People will starve if they carry just salted meat in the world map.
  • Cotton fiber doesn't deteriorate. I'd argue it should, given wood and components can, although probably only at a slow rate (1/day).
  • The mass of resource plants are several times higher than the resource they melt down into. Given steel is 0.50kg, and it takes 4 steel shrooms to make 1 steel, the weight of the leaves should be around 0.20kg IMO (not an even 1/4, and still slightly higher). They are currently 1kg each. Same sort of logic should be applied to all resource leaves.
  • Salt's weight should be halved or more, to around 0.50kg, to allow for an interesting dynamic of being a useful trade resource which can be carried from the desert to other climates.
  • Cigarillos' weight should be around the same as smokeleaf joints (0.01kg). Cigarillo's are currently 1.00kg each.
  • Crates should weigh around 15kg, rather than the current 25kg. Given each drink weighs 0.15kg, and it takes 75 drinks to make a crate (0.15kg*75 = 11.25kg), it wouldn't make sense to crate anything if it adds so much additional weight.
  • Coconut halves weight as much as coconuts. The new weight should be roughly half.
  • Aloe weighs 1kg each. They should be roughly 0.35kg or less, given herbal medicine weigh that amount. It'd be cool if you made them very lightweight (0.10kg) to allow for the new potential of carrying aloe rather than medicine on long hauls where weight counts.

A do want to throw in a new idea: add a new balancing feature where some fruits and veggies weigh more than others. It might be preferable to grow berries rather than pumpkins or eggplants to take on long journeys simply because pumpkins weigh so much. It's something to think about in the long run, and almost certainly not an easy fix to do.