[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

dismar Mods
I set out to add a bunch of variety to this game I love and Play almost every day. I hope you enjoy the mod! Please leave any feedback and I will get back to ya!

The vegetable garden adds new tiers of plants to research and grow. New meals, ways to cook them, some for health, and some for joy. New drugs. Food preservation. Cloth and leather production. New medicines production. Resources that can be renewed. And Tools used to enhance the way you grow and produce plants in the game.

All of my mod is center around the theme of growing! 

Like my mod and wanna support?
Vegetable Garden Build 13!
Download Build 13!

Steam Page!

Hey Nexus Mods finally updated!

Like my Mod? You might like my mod using Seeds! Check out Notfood's SeedsPlease! Adds seeds to all the plants in the game!

The vegetable garden adds :

• Tiers of plants to research and grow. Higher Nutrition Plants,Fruits.
  • New Tree's and Flowers.
  • New wood types. Bamboo and Ironwood.
  • New meals. Some will boost health, and some for joy.
  • Baking.
  • Bulk meal production.
  • New drugs for Joy. Alcohols, Candies, Tobacco, Coffee,Tea, other Drinks.
  • Alcohol Barrel Produtcion for many types of drinks.
  • Food preservation. Salting, Canning
  • Cloth and leather production. Cloth production, Salavaging Appearal
  • New medicines. Flu and Pain medicine. Tribal Meds.
  • Bulk Medicine recipes.
  • Resource plants that can be used for renewed resources. 
  • Tools for growing. Soil enhancement, Sun lamps of types and sizes, Hydroponics.
  • Growable Grass
  • Better Stock Piles.

I have added a lot of Patching to my mod here is a list of mods that if loaded change the way vegetable garden loads:

• Cuprodrinks : blends his and my coffee together. Then Garden  adds def's for all my fruit soda's into the game and recipes to make them, from the old Soda Garden mod. You can thank Cupro for added that patch!
  • Animal Feed Trough : adds silage to the trough.
  • Fishing Industry : adds sushi recipes onto the stoves. Fine meals that act like a 4x bulk recipe.
  • Fallout : adds the plants you grow to my recipes.
  • Misc.  Bees 'n' Honey : Adds the mead to the alcohol barrel system.
  • T's Mods : should work well together a lot of defs blend and expand on each other. Tho you might have to change mod load order to get desire the effect from each mod.
  • Medieval Times : Ingrendents and recipe added between the different tables in the mods. His cheese changed to reflect mine. Bamboo and Bio fuels shared in many of the worktables.
  • TropiCKAPP Rainforest : Fruits added to the fruits cateogory in my mod. Unique name given to his fruits. Which will add it to a bunch of my recipes. Taro added to pickling recipe.

F A Q :

• Loading into a save game is not recommended! You never know how it can effect the save. Once Any Mod of this size is loaded into a game it cannot be removed once saved. So backup before trying.

• Oven is defaulted to Granite. You can build it out of any stone. You just have to have it in your stockpile first.

• For composter you need composter starter made at the butcher table.

• For alcohol you need a starter made at the brewery table. But Vodka is made backwards. Potatoes into the barrel.
    Then the pawns will load the proper barrel and poof done.

Big note on resource plants.

Resource Plant require A LOT of work to make. They are an END game solution to running out of resources. As of now it takes :

Research the plants 1500
Grow times on plants are 16+ days
Sow skill is high to plant them
Research time on the Smelter to melt them 1700
Crafting skill of 12+ to then smelt them

I would like to thank some of the following people :

duduluu and Team for their tranlation into Chinese. And for the translation tools!
Spoonshortage for her work on remaking ALL the artwork for my mod. It all looks amazing!!
cuproPanda for the coding of Barrels and Place-workers! And tons of support over the years!
Igabond for giving me his old mod Xtra Plants to continue on his great works!
diana-winters for expanding the garden resources!
Notfood For Seeds version of this mod. And help with C# Coding!
Telkir for his Expandedcrops mod that inspired me to add even more.
Fluff_Thorrent's for Can I Brew It? ( base crop alcohols)
DeaconBlues for Finer Things ( coffee, tobacco, and many types of alcohol)
E and the CCL team for the coding stolen for the Heated Sun lamps!
And more expanded in the credits below!

Thank you for all the feedback from the forums and steam. You make this mod better everyday!
My Steam Workshop.

As always the change log in in the About folder. And if you do find bugs or errors please let me know! (Steam Release later in the week)

Steam and Older releases :
Steam Release.
Download v5.15.1284

Alpha 14 :
Dropbox: Vegetable Garden v4.0c ~0.14.1249 Download!!
Steam Version a14.

Other Mods :

Garden Resources!
Garden Resources is just the Resource plants from the garden. You don't need the garden to run this or this mod if you are using the garden!
Download A16!

Garden Tools!
Garden Tools are just the tools  from the garden. The sun lamps, heated sun lamps, garden soils, hydroponics, and all the things that go with them!
You don't need the garden to run this or this mod if you are using the garden!
Download A16!

Older Downloads :

Vegetable Garden 5.2 Alpha 15!
Lots of change made in the last month or so!
This is NOT save game safe with any older version of my mod. Tons of def changes and removals.
Download 5.2  a15.1284

Moved to Nexus mod. PM if you need something not there ^.^b

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Credits
Igabond for giving my his old mod Xtra Plants to continue on his great works!
duduluu For the Chinese Simplified translation of a15.
diana-winters for expanding the garden resources!
Telkir for his Expandedcrops mod that inspired me to add even more.
Finer things  for the alcohol.
Adamiks for forum coding :)
WHiZ for all his testing and great feed back! Why stop at making raisins? Lets dry all the fruits!
Jawar for sending new plant art works!
neuffs for his texture pack!
Fangtang for misc art work!
Jabbamonkey's  Graphic Overhaul texture pack.
Abrexus's Superior Crafting
Fluff_Thorrent's Can I Brew It?

Change log : Moved to About folder in MOD.

obrien979

Great additions to the food supply.  Will diffinately be trying this out tonight!! Thank You

DDog

I assume there are no conflicts with Expanded Crops...

dismar

Moo.

Adamiks

jerome736

dismar

I just loaded into a new game with Bulk meals and didn't have any issues :) Seen all the vegs in the 8 cook stove.

Adamiks

Hey i see that you're doing something like this:
"I'd like to send a special thanks out to Telkir, for his Expandedcrops mod that inspired me to add even more. His mods can be found at : http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0"

To make it more "clean" you can do something like this
Special thanks to [.url=PAGEURL]Telkir[/url.]
Without "."

Result=
I'd like to send a special thanks out to Telkir, for his Expandedcrops mod that inspired me to add even more.

cuproPanda

I will be using this soon! Do you plan on branching into soymilk/cheese? A richer cooking system could be used to add joy and higher trade prices to the goods.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

dismar

I hope to add all sorts of recipes that use the plants that i've added!

WHiZ

the balance seems off with the tofu.. i have to have 3 stations just to try to make enough tofu for people to then make meals with it. it is a losing battle with both the time required and the output. you only get 4 tofu for each 10 beans.. so even if you dedicate half your crops to beans just to make tofu you are only getting less than 1/4 tofu meat before you runout.. please consider a rebalance..

Adamiks

Thanks for credit, but that was a simple help, so i don't deserve this.

Oh... And i'm waiting for the bananas!

dismar

Quote from: WHiZ on May 22, 2015, 09:13:05 PM
the balance seems off with the tofu.. i have to have 3 stations just to try to make enough tofu for people to then make meals with it. it is a losing battle with both the time required and the output. you only get 4 tofu for each 10 beans.. so even if you dedicate half your crops to beans just to make tofu you are only getting less than 1/4 tofu meat before you runout.. please consider a rebalance..
Thanks for the feed back! I've been living on an Ice Sheet for a while now everything is unblanced lol. But i will look into it tonight!

edit:
i see that the yield on beans was a lot lower than expected. i meant to raise it up when i added recipes. So the grow time is a bit longer (half a day) but you'll get a nicer yield now! Also i upped the Tofu to 7. I still want a slight loss in the process.

Please let me know if it was too much tweaking! :p And you can just overwrite the "b" onto 1.5 since only 2 files changed.

WHiZ

Quote from: dismar on May 23, 2015, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: WHiZ on May 22, 2015, 09:13:05 PM
Thanks for the feed back! I've been living on an Ice Sheet for a while now everything is unblanced lol. But i will look into it tonight!

edit:
i see that the yield on beans was a lot lower than expected. i meant to raise it up when i added recipes. So the grow time is a bit longer (half a day) but you'll get a nicer yield now! Also i upped the Tofu to 7. I still want a slight loss in the process.

Please let me know if it was too much tweaking! :p And you can just overwrite the "b" onto 1.5 since only 2 files changed.

thanks for the update, i9 just finished trying it out the past couple hours and it really has helped out a lot.. it seems a lot more balanced/realistic now.