Rescuing strangers......?

Started by Goldenglade, May 14, 2015, 06:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenglade

So I rescued a stranger who unfortunately had his leg  bitten off by a rampant cobra. Is it possible for me to slab a peg leg in there so he can move again? because i can't seem to find operations on guests.

TLHeart

cant operate on guests.

wait for his faction to come visit, and they will haul him away, if you want to let him live.

Kegereneku

We would need a "guest class" in the first place.

I think it would help distinguish "visitor" as neutral pawn just passing by, and true guest you care for.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Toggle

I think tlheart's suggestion was fine, just wait for em to haul them away.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

winnsanity

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 14, 2015, 08:55:28 AM
Capture him. I've had too many people get rescued only to walk right off the map before I could recruit them. If you capture him, you can heal him and recruit him, and there shouldn't be a high difficulty. I think rescues normally range from 0-30 difficulty after captured.
That is the point of rescuing.  You cant recruit them.  If you want a chance to recruit you must always capture, note that doing so will make their faction upset with you.  rescuing is only to help out other factions and get you in good graces with them.

Xanting

Quote from: winnsanity on May 15, 2015, 12:09:55 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 14, 2015, 08:55:28 AM
Capture him. I've had too many people get rescued only to walk right off the map before I could recruit them. If you capture him, you can heal him and recruit him, and there shouldn't be a high difficulty. I think rescues normally range from 0-30 difficulty after captured.
That is the point of rescuing.  You cant recruit them.  If you want a chance to recruit you must always capture, note that doing so will make their faction upset with you.  rescuing is only to help out other factions and get you in good graces with them.
Actually if you manage to incapacitate, capture, heal and release enough tribals or any other faction except for the pirates it will also make them like you enough for them to stop attacking.

Piemaster

Quote from: Xanting on May 15, 2015, 01:08:15 AM
That is the point of rescuing.  You cant recruit them. 

I really hope this is changed in the future, because right now this area of the game makes absolutely no sense to me and seems completely counterintuitive.  Imagine you knew nothing about Rimworld, but had the following scenarios explained to you.

- Person A attacks a colony or is part of a raid which attacks a colony.  He is seriously wounded in the attack and when he comes around he is in prison.

- Person B crash lands on a planet and is seriously wounded.  When he comes around he has been captured by a nearby colony and (for some reason) put in prison.

- Person C crash lands on a planet and is seriously wounded.  When he comes around he has been rescued by a nearby colony and is in their hospital.

In all of the above scenarios they have received medical treatment to stabilise their condition.  Now if you were asked to put the people above in order of how much they would want to join the colony, I think most people would say C-A-B.  But in the game the complete reverse is true!

I think what should happen is that any person who you rescue and return to health should have a chance of instantly joining your colony, maybe dependent on the Social skill of the colonist(s) who treated them and the relationship between your factions.  Prisoners should have a lesser chance of joining, which works similar to now.  Obviously this would make it easier to get more colonists, so the 'new colonist' event could be reduced in frequency to compensate.

Goldenglade

You're all missing the point. If you capture a friendly tribes person.... they become auto hostile no matter how disfigured they are. Thus the reason for rescue.

Euzio

Personally, I do think that when we rescue a person, we should have the option to be able to recruit him or operate on him as well. Xanting has a really good point in that the whole process now is really quite hilarious in that people are more willing to join the colony if they are treated as a hostile prisoner first.