Stop enemies from attacking walls all the time

Started by onenonlynova, May 17, 2015, 01:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onenonlynova

Hey guys,

just wanted to ask if you could give me some advice on how i could achive that.
for my style of gameplay i don't want the enemy's to attack walls at all.
door's and everything else is fine but not walls.

is that possible and how could one do that?

thanks in advance,

alex

Shinzy

Halloo Alex!

if you can show your base it'll be easier to give advice! ;D
the forum attachments are really small so you could use any image sharing site like
Puush or Imgur

But anyway! By my experience, they won't bash your walls down if there's a door nearby to whack down instead

Adamiks

onenonlynova

hey guys,

thanks for the quick reply!
here is a screen of my base entrance: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42381812/rimworld_attackwalls.png
changed it a couple of times but the enemies still walk up and just bash the walls all the time.
they very rarely path through the hallway to enter the base.
even mechanoids just bash on the walls.

i'm using the ultimate overhaul modpack. just testet a vanilla game with the same base layout and the same problem occurs.

regards,

alex

Adamiks

I think this is a bug.... I really don't see a rational reason why pawns attack the walls when they have so easy way to go into base and kill some colonists. Maybe these spikes? I think that spikes from Julie should have <pathcost> but i don't know if Ninefinger changed this (i don't even know if this mod is in his modpack).

harpo99999

when I want to reduce the attack on walls, I put a critical rock dump that is 3 cells or more wide on the outside of the walls I want to protect, the enemy(and animal)pawns prefer to not cross rocks, BUT will fight from behind them

onenonlynova

@Adamiks: yes they do have "<pathCost>30</pathCost>" but i even tried without the traps today and guess what - same problem :(

@harpo: i'm trying your tip right now, will report if it worked!

Rahjital

Well, since this is in the mod help subforum, let's give some advice to mod it out completely:

In the ThinkTreeDefs subfolder, there is the SubThinkTree_Duty.xml file. Open it and remove all instances of <li Class="JobGiver_AITrashCloseBuildings" /> and <li Class="JobGiver_AITrashBuildings" /> you'll find. This will make raiders stop attacking your walls and focus on your colonists instead (at least it should, I never actually tried doing that!)

onenonlynova

@Rahjital: great advice will try that later once at home. but that will disable enemies attacking all buildings incl. turrets correct?

Rahjital

I just tested it and apparently there's one more change you need to do. About halfway through the file, there are two lines, like this:

<targetAcquireRadius>65</targetAcquireRadius>
<targetKeepRadius>72</targetKeepRadius>

Change both of the numbers to 9999. If you don't do that, raiders will just hang around the point where they enter the map :)

Oh, and raiders will still attack turrets and will go over the whole map to destroy them. However, they won't go out of their way to attack your colonists if they can't see them, so you must always have at least one turret hidden somewhere in your colony if you want them to attack.

onenonlynova

@Rahjital: works totally great so far thanks for that Info!